Fall Tournaments 2013 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 18th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #1
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all
Fall Tournaments 2013

Discussing results for fall tournaments aside from the slams...

[Placeholder for fall tournament schedule]
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #2
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all
Re: Fall Tournaments 2013

A few interesting tournaments this past weekend to kick off the season:

Duke Fab Four with 3 unflighted draws: https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf9/2...DB_OEM_ID=4200
Blue Draw Final: #54 Laurente (MIA) def. #33 Kay (UNC) 7-5, 6-4
Black Draw Final: #4[FR] Carter (UNC) def. #16 Oyen (UF) 6-2, 6-4
White Draw Final: #10 Addison (TX) def. #3[FR] Loeb (UNC) 6-2, 6-3

UNC freshman are really good as expected, but Addison is probably the player of the tournament and perhaps establishing herself as a serious contender at All-Americans.

Midland Invitational (TX): http://rc10s.com/womens_singles.html
Final: #29 Guillermo (PEPP) def. #30 Tan (TCU) 4-6, 6-4, (10-6)

Also just saw from this draw that Matea Cutura (DePaul #1) has transferred to Pepperdine - they should be pretty dangerous now.
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #3
country flag CTSEMT

Cal Nike Invitational is this weekend. Looks like USC even sent a few players to challenge this year (Boren, DeSimone).

Draws: http://www.tennisinformation.com/tou.../draw-3-mf.asp

And the Cal video seems to be working too: http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle....CLID=208646366

Also, the Furman Fall classic this weekend with some of the stronger southeast teams: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ssic_Draws.pdf

Note to self: Looks like Mary Anne (Macfarlane) Daines got married.
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #4
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

http://goaztecs.cstv.com/sports/w-te...092613aab.html

Duke sent some players there, Jodoin, Mulholland, Smith...
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #5
country flag CTSEMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
http://goaztecs.cstv.com/sports/w-te...092613aab.html

Duke sent some players there, Jodoin, Mulholland, Smith...
Runglerdkriangkrai/Salirathvibhaga (PEP)
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #6
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

I was there at the Cal Nike Invitational!

Here's my report (no pictures; don't think I know how to pull it off since most of the people there were athletics dept. employees)

Klara
She's the Petra Kvitova in NCAA tennis. She can hit great forehands for her size. The match shouldn't have been that tight, but errors, errors everywhere. When it gets tight, Klara plays SO tentatively. EVERY TIME. I was there 4-5 in the third...they were breaking back and forth. There were some really exciting points in the tiebreaker like when Klara was up at net, attacking (she should've just vollied those times) and Ellie is a great baseline defender. Ellie had mp but lost it, Klara wins with a fh error from Ellie.

It wasn't that interesting, tbh, which is sad. It was a puffball match for the most part. Marquette vs USF was more entertaining.

I saw BYU's Jones' family too.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #7
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
I was there at the Cal Nike Invitational!

Here's my report (no pictures; don't think I know how to pull it off since most of the people there were athletics dept. employees)

Klara
She's the Petra Kvitova in NCAA tennis. She can hit great forehands for her size. The match shouldn't have been that tight, but errors, errors everywhere. When it gets tight, Klara plays SO tentatively. EVERY TIME. I was there 4-5 in the third...they were breaking back and forth. There were some really exciting points in the tiebreaker like when Klara was up at net, attacking (she should've just vollied those times) and Ellie is a great baseline defender. Ellie had mp but lost it, Klara wins with a fh error from Ellie.

It wasn't that interesting, tbh, which is sad. It was a puffball match for the most part. Marquette vs USF was more entertaining.

I saw BYU's Jones' family too.
Any idea why Maegan and Denise are not playing?
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #8
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

No.
I don't think they're injured though (from my random sightings of Maegan)

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #9
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Almost an all Cal semifinal but Fabikova lost to Katie Le. Lynn Chi beat Brynn Boren in straight sets. Pac-12 is going to be fun to watch this season!
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote