Anett Kontaveit - Page 144 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #2146
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I hope they make her play Qualifying in the 50Ks so she can get 12 Points + her MD points
I don't think it will be possible to be out of the MD in Bendigo ranked around 260 or better

And about those 25s you are right, Perth seems stonger indeed, although there'll probably be some withdrawals by Tuesday. I hope she can snatch a seeding somehow, because the points she earned this week will count. Anyway yes, if she has at least a couple of decent results in Australia then it is possible that she has to start thinking about the Qualies.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 15th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #2147
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Follows her boyfriend who also lost in a final today

But it was a good week anyway, a final and nice ranking points, hopefully she plays better in Australia and gets some nice results there.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #2148
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I know Whitt lost
Anyway, Anett's projected ranking is 259 and the only player who can overtake it realistically by next week is Chieh Yu Hsu and she would need 42 Points which given she's an American Journeywoman is unlikely
The list for Perth is still quite strong and Anett is currently 16th in MD (but with new ranking would be 14th) so a seeding is quite unlikely If she decides to play Margaret River the week after Perth she would be more likely to get a Seeding because I am sure many players will go Perth and then 2 Bendigos, skipping Margaret River. I think that Anett will probably do that too however It would probably be smart anyway because if she wanted to go even mildly deep in the 1st Bendigo she would be tired after the massive commute from Margaret River and a presumed deep run there Despite this, Anett has the tournaments and she will probably want to play a lot if she is going all the way to Australia so it would be good to see her play all 4 100 Points is very realistic which would put her at a Year End Ranking (if she played no other tournaments) of around 205 And she would still have 2 tournaments left for the end of the year thanks to her 1st Round loss in 10K Edinburgh (:sobbing) and her being a Junior GS Runner Up Maybe a WTA 125 although she's probably sick of travelling Maybe she should learn from Donna I think she should stay with her Boyfriend in Melbourne for a while, giving herself a nice break after all the tournaments I was going to play Bendigo but when it became a 50K I decided not to

BTW, is her coach travelling with her as doesn't he have other commitments in Estonia? Let's hope the Burnie thing doesn't happen again

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #2149
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

According to the next week's ranking Luangnam, Lertcheewakarn, Adamczak and Zlochova are all behind her. But currently it looks like it still doesn't help her to get the seeding. Also, between Margaret River and Bendigo1 there is one week break.
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #2150
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
According to the next week's ranking Luangnam, Lertcheewakarn, Adamczak and Zlochova are all behind her. But currently it looks like it still doesn't help her to get the seeding. Also, between Margaret River and Bendigo1 there is one week break.
Oh I didn't realise So she will most likely play both
In reality she won't play any tournaments before 11th of November after the Australia swing (presuming she plays the Bendigos) but Helsinki is a 10K now It's normally so strong and with livestream Also I can't believe it but there will be a 75K + H Sharm El Sheikh Now that will be popular
IMO, based on the calender, maybe Zawada/Minsk + Sharm El Sheikh/Bucha/Ankara would be a good choice or maybe Dubai + Bucha/Sharm El Sheikh/Bucha/Ankara? I think that it would be better to play at least 1 25K just so she won't bomb out in Round 1 and I think Minsk/Zawada would be a good choice because given she will have been in Australia for at least 5 weeks, playing 2 weeks in a row after as little as 1 week off won't be good as she is still 17 and has a life + school. I still think that she should play the week of the 11th as it is an ideal week for tournaments in Europe...
We will see It all depends on her results in Australia I guess I kinda wanted her to stay behind for the Australian Pro swing where you can win up to $5000 at bigger tournaments but that's extremely unlikely

BTW, her trip to Australia is going to be ridiculously expensive as not only travel but just cost of living here is through the roof And Anett doesn't seem like the type to wage through Youth Hostels

Old Sep 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #2151
country flag muusa

I have lost count how many she can still play, I thought she could only play 4 more (because Edinburgh counted as she got points for doubles there or sth).

Maybe that's why she didn't play so many in summer, because she tried to save some money for going to Australia But then she should have played for example St. Petersburg instead of Podgorica.
Not cheap indeed if she plans a 5-week stay or so.. No idea if her coach will go with her or maybe her mom?
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #2152
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
I have lost count how many she can still play, I thought she could only play 4 more (because Edinburgh counted as she got points for doubles there or sth).

Maybe that's why she didn't play so many in summer, because she tried to save some money for going to Australia But then she should have played for example St. Petersburg instead of Podgorica.
Not cheap indeed if she plans a 5-week stay or so.. No idea if her coach will go with her or maybe her mom?
I didn't realise the tournament counted if you played Doubles... I thought it was that she could play 16 Doubles Tournaments and 17 Singles because she made the final of US Open. If she played Singles and Doubles at separate tournaments, can't she technically play 33 tournaments?

Anyway, even if she only has 1, leaves her options open

I agree with you on her tournament choice. Should have played things like Kazan Miami was nice though as it was basically an appearance fee

Old Sep 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #2153
country flag muusa

Quote:
I didn't realise the tournament counted if you played Doubles... I thought it was that she could play 16 Doubles Tournaments and 17 Singles because she made the final of US Open. If she played Singles and Doubles at separate tournaments, can't she technically play 33 tournaments?
Yeah, I forgot about that +1 tournament for reaching USO final. About these doubles points counting - well I kind of remember Meelis saying it somewhere and then you were answering sth like "so stupid of her to play doubles then" , most likely in this thread, but I cannot find it at the moment. Maybe Meelis can confirm how is it if you get just doubles points from one tournament
Old Sep 19th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #2154
country flag chingching

You are probably right
Anyway, Anett is on the Entry List for 25K Margaret River
This list looks much more Australian and going just by P1s, Anett will be 14 on Entry List with old rankings (I think new ones put her at 11) This tournament looks much weaker to me especially further down the rankings but Barty is playing here but not Perth
Still, great to see her on another Entry List and good luck

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #2155
country flag chingching

I can't believe it but once again Anett just got a seeding By 1 ranking place this time
So she will be seeded in Perth which is a massive help and now a QF is likely and SF possible
Also, points will count for Bendigo 50K #1 so maybe she will be able to get comfortably in MD? Anyway, I really hope she can get 2 SFs from her 25Ks and maybe a 50K QF? We will see I wonder if she'll play Doubles

Old Sep 25th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #2156
country flag muusa

Lucky to get that last seeding in Perth, hope she doesn't mess this opportunity up. In Margaret River she won't be seeded most likely. She should be travelling tomorrow, at least that's what her tweet hints

EDIT: For those who don't follow her twitter - she said she lost her credit card just one day before travelling to Australia

Last edited by muusa : Sep 25th, 2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #2157
country flag chingching

LOL only Anett
For someone so intelligent and athletic she is quite dirpy
Let's hope she can find it
I really think she should have come out a week early and played the AMT here to get 2K and get used to the courts Although Zlochova is serving up bagels consistently and she almost lost to a few Australian Juniors ranked in the 200s

BTW, unless she visits him in Sydney or he travels with her, she will most likely not see Whitt the whole trip The failures of the ITF Pro Tour

Old Sep 25th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #2158
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BTW, unless she visits him in Sydney or he travels with her, she will most likely not see Whitt the whole trip The failures of the ITF Pro Tour
There is no men's tournament in AUS next week and Andrew is not in the EL for first Sydney tournament the week after. I guess they will travel together
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #2159
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
There is no men's tournament in AUS next week and Andrew is not in the EL for first Sydney tournament the week after. I guess they will travel together
I didn't think of that I presumed he would save the money
Do what you want people, just don't injure yourselves
I am hilarious

And Erika's about to get a ranking

Old Sep 26th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #2160
country flag muusa

She's quite chatty in Twitter recently, answering questions and stuff.