Your tennis results?! - Page 96 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #1426
country flag Povin
postcyber

Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future
Re: Your tennis results?!

I won a match 0-6 6-4 6-0
Povin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 16th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #1427
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zziptennis View Post
Well what tactics have you tried against him? Maybe consider trying something way out of your comfort zone like charging the net, moonballing, slicing everything, etc.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Nothing really, I just lose my concentration and nothing seems to work. A lot of strategies work against him, he usually tries to get on my nerves by pushing a lot (I'm a bit of a BBB ), but when it's me the one who pushes and changes the rhythm constantly and hits all the time to his backhand (both of my wings are consistent, his backhand isn't), he's the one who loses it. I just find it hard to concentrate on the tennis instead of having on my mind who I am playing.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."

Last edited by Sammo : Sep 16th, 2013 at 09:20 PM.
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #1428
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proflyer98 View Post
I recently played a tournament this weekend U-16. Im 15, and i was playing like a 2/5 star tournament. I lost my opening round to 127 (out of 400) 6-3 6-0. It was really bad, I could have beaten him. He was just pushing the ball back and he only made like 3 unforced errors while he made like 3 winners. I on the other hand was very inconsistent because im nervous when i play ranked people. I don't know whats wrong with me, with my horrible mentality in going into matches with ranked people. Anyway I lost that, but I got to play consolations because we were guaranteed 2 matches at least. So i go into my match on Saturday thinking im gonna play a ranked person. But i get someone who has lost 4 matches in a row. Besides that im still nervous but I go and after I won my first service game I started feeling more comfortable and confident with my game. The kid was kinda bad, and I beat him 6-1 6-3. I still made many errors but like 10 times less. So i was relatively happy. But i didn't get any ranking points because he wasn't ranked. (Stupid Canadian ranking system). Anyway I won that match and today I came to the consolation finals playing a kid who had won 5 matches and lost 7. He was ranked like 250 out of 400 and I was really scared. I started liek warm up with him because we have like 10 minutes warmup. I realize that the kid is horrible and can't hit backhand and there forehand is very flat. Anyway I go into the match still scared but I got broken to love. I immediately broke back and then held for 2-1. He then held for 2-2. I then got broken again so it was 3-2 for him. I broke back again. I was just losing so many games because i was so scared to hit it hard. Anyway he was like a year older than me btw. So its 3-3 and I hold for the first time for 4-3. Then I broke him for 5-3 and I was serving for the set and got broken for a third time. At this point I was furious and played really tactically. He liked coming to the net and hitting volleys. So he would hit like a drop shot and then come to net. Im relatively fast so i get there and then I lob him and he is horrible at hitting overheads. He was like 6ft 2in btw. So I kept using this play everytime he went to net, and I got like 20 winners of just lobbing. Anyway its 5-4 and then I break to get the set 6-4. After that, I lost my opening service game. Then he won his. so it was 2-0 for him. I hold for 2-1. He holds for 3-1. I hold for 3-2. And then i broke him for 3-3. I got my service game for 4-3. He then held for 4-4 and then broke me to love. So it was 5-4 him. He served out the set for 6-4. I was furious because I could have easily won this like 6-4 6-2. But anyways we go to a third set and its not a set its like a tiebreaker up to ten like in doubles for wta. Anyway, I start off with an ace for 1-0. Then it went 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 4-1, 5-1, 6-2, 6-3, 7-3, 8-4, 9-4, 10-4. So I won the consols. And now im officially gonna get ranked!!!! IVe been trying to get the ranking for so long. Anyway, overall it was a really good experience but I need to work on my mentality, thats all, (plus my game) BTW the consols final was today, like 2 hours ago!!
Good for you!!!

Where was the tournament played?
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #1429
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 7-6(3) 6-0 against my friend. I was 5-3 40-15 up how did that happen? But anyway sometimes I get amazingly frustrated with myself and that didn't happen today, we played really well in the first set (made a lot of winners from both sides) and had a lot of fun, sometimes I lose 6-3 6-2 and I play like crap and have a horrible time, so I'm glad that didn't happen today. The thing was that we had to change from indoors to outdoors at 6-5* (him serving) in the 1st set and the indoors court is carpet and it's freaking wonderful and the outdoors court sucks and I rely much more on precission and shot-making than he does.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 07:48 AM   #1430
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough Match!!

Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1431
country flag Sammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollaneres25 View Post
Tough Match!!

Can the guy with the grey shorts really be considered 4.5? Cause I think I am 4.5 and his forehand is way worse than mine and I think mine sucks. I mean his whole technique is meh and he hardly even tries, I run for everything I keep moving all the time and I hit a lot of flat winners from both wings, I don't know how could it be a close match, the one with the black shorts is way better, he just loses concentration too often.

Old Sep 29th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #1432
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¤CharlDa¤ View Post
Good for you!!!

Where was the tournament played?
HAhaha, thanks ya it was in Toronto in like North York!
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Proflyer98 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #1433
country flag Sammo

Lost 6-0 6-0 6-2 against my friend, today I was like "screw it, this week has been stressing and all I wanna do is bash the ball as brainless as I can" Remind me not to ever think again that anger can be remotely useful in tennis.

Old Sep 30th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #1434
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Lost 6-0 6-0 6-2 against my friend, today I was like "screw it, this week has been stressing and all I wanna do is bash the ball as brainless as I can" Remind me not to ever think again that anger can be remotely useful in tennis.
Omg!

I hope it was at least a little therapeutic!

I actually play better when I'm in a bad mood.
I especially play well when my opponent does something that pisses me off lol.

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Hampton. Bouchard. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.
MMJSL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #1435
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Played my cousin couple weeks ago I won 6-0 7-6 in second set my cousin raise his game up but he choke during our tiebreaker he was up 6-0 in tiebreaker I came back and won 10-8 in tiebreaker

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #1436
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

play a tournament this weekend! im in the final! next saturday i will play against the 4 seed.. cmon!
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #1437
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilenaitor View Post
play a tournament this weekend! im in the final! next saturday i will play against the 4 seed.. cmon!
Best of luck!

Club tennis for me will start early November. I'm excited . I've been practicing my serve constantly but sadly I think I hit peak form with my serve some months back when there was no club tennis . I'm trying to get back to that level, but I think it's improved enough since like April (last time I played clubs) anyway that I'll actually win some matches come the time .
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #1438
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Can the guy with the grey shorts really be considered 4.5? Cause I think I am 4.5 and his forehand is way worse than mine and I think mine sucks. I mean his whole technique is meh and he hardly even tries, I run for everything I keep moving all the time and I hit a lot of flat winners from both wings, I don't know how could it be a close match, the one with the black shorts is way better, he just loses concentration too often.

If that man is 4.5, Im Nole...
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #1439
country flag Sammo

4-6 6-2 1-6 6-3 1-1 vs my friend. Then we got kicked out of the court

Last edited by Sammo : Oct 16th, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1440
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

Played against my brother 2 weeks ago, won 63 62, served really consistently Was happy with my performance.
#1 Mayo Hibi - Current Player: Stéphanie Dubois (CAN) - #2 Daria Gavrilova (RUS)
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - King - Pironkova - Nara - Krajicek and the Dutch Squad - Giorgi - Gajdosova - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko - Wozniak
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote