Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 259 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 16th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #3871
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Alexandra is one of those players who seems to play better the more furious she gets.
After netting a basic backhand from the forecourt to go down 5-6 0-30, she was taking that ball in rage and played flawless tennis for the rest of the match. You could almost feel how pissed she was.

That said, this wasn't a good performance by any means.
I don't know how she served out a bagel in the 1st set, she was mediocre, also going down 0-40 on her first service game with 2 DFs.

That brainfart in the second set worried me. Han upped her game there, but it was a couple of crass unforced errors that made her losing serve from 5-2 30-15 up.

I expect her match against Aru... to be another grind festival with a lot of topspin and tiring rallies. She got to be fit to win this.
Was the match streamed? I only checked the match history in flashscore, it was too early and I overslept.
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 16th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #3872
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
Was the match streamed?
Yes and you didn't miss anything.

Seoul is streaming from two courts since last year.

Alexandra was unbelievably passive and error prone today. Her serve still a mess, just in the TB she finally mixed it up nicely and finished a couple of nice rallies at the net. Apart from that, truly awful.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #3873
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Does she have any PR's left after the one she's using next week in Ningbo? Cannot keep track of her WC entries vs. PR's any more
ioana_sk8r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #3874
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

At least it was a win
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #3875
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
Does she have any PR's left after the one she's using next week in Ningbo? Cannot keep track of her WC entries vs. PR's any more
So far she used her SRs for

US Open

WTA Indian Wells
WTA Miami
WTA Bastad
WTA Toronto (Q)
WTA Cincinnati (Q)
WTA Seoul
Ningbo Challenger

You are allowed to use 8 SRs, but I don't know if slams are included in there or not. Depending on that, Ningbo will be the last event she can enter with SR.
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #3876
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
You are allowed to use 8 SRs, but I don't know if slams are included in there or not. Depending on that, Ningbo will be the last event she can enter with SR.
Ack, sounds like they are included (pg 236 in the WTA rules), so Ningbo would have been her last. Thanks for the tournament list!

Quote:
Grand Slams
A player may enter a maximum of one (1) Grand Slam using her Special Ranking as part of her eight (8) Special Ranking Tournaments
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A.../rules2013.pdf
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #3877
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Do you think she makes the Qualies for the AO?

Last edited by codrutc : Sep 17th, 2013 at 12:48 AM.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #3878
country flag ioana_sk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Do you think she make the Qualies for the AO?

She has at least 30pts for making it to the second round in Seoul, so she's up to 383 pts and mid 160's in the rankings. I for one hope she plays well the next few days and makes it to the next few rounds in Korea, but purely based on where she's at right now, qualifiers are not a given. Think she'd need to be 156 or better to be absolutely sure she'd get in, but this includes people like Marion Bartoli who are ranked ahead of her. It's still a bit early to look into qualifying draws for next year since she still has KDB to finish & Ningbo next week . Plus an option to do ITF's in case she feels the need to improve her ranking.

I'm hoping she plays well enough the next few weeks to earn a break...would much rather see her healthy and ready to go next year.
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #3879
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She won first round in doubles
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #3880
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Do you think she makes the Qualies for the AO?
Usually the cut off for AO is around 210-220 WTA and Alexandra is 160 now with virtually no points to defend, so she'll have no problem to play Grand Slam qualifications for the first time in her career.
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #3881
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Usually the cut off for AO is around 210-220 WTA and Alexandra is 160 now with virtually no points to defend, so she'll have no problem to play Grand Slam qualifications for the first time in her career.
Thank you. That's what I hoped to hear.
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #3882
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 16 63 46

Ended this disappointing performance with a double fault. Not so great, Alex!
Belle de Jour is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #3883
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

her serve
drg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 06:27 AM   #3884
country flag codrutc

Common Alexandra, why can't you make me happy for at least two games in a row.
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #3885
country flag Curcubeu

I usually don't use the word 'weaponless' when referring to tennis players, but in case of Arrua... it's the most accurate description I can think of. I can't see a Top 100 player losing to her if it's not for piling up unforced errors. However, this was exactly what Alexandra was doing.

One of those matches were you actually want both players to lose. Simply hideous, although the flat camera perspective and both players' abolute lack of any power that forced them to use some nice junk at times (and still missing regularly) made it look better than it was.

Alexandra started her match losing serve in about 1 minute with 4 UEs in a row that would make Sorana jealous. She seemed lackluster and unfocused.
Got into rhythm in the second set, but was also supported by the Spanish girl who now seemed to start missing more herself.

Final set saw both girls grinding it out in cross court battels until one would eventually break down and in the end it was Alexandra who gifted the match with some sloppy shots. She actually lost it already on the return game before where she was missing the most basic returns for no reason.

I don't know if it was just an off-day, but that was quite terrible.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Sep 18th, 2013 at 06:51 AM.