Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 258 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 14th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #3856
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

WTA Seoul, Main Draw:

(4)Zakopalova v (wc)Su Jeong Jang
Burnett v Q
(wc)Sung-Hee Han v Dulgheru
Arruabarrena v (5)Svitolina

She deserves some luck for once.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #3857
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

A possible match against Svitolina in the second round... That's not very lucky
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #3858
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Winning Baku Slam doesn't make you a top player.

Alexandra can beat her easily if her body allows her.
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #3859

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

She isn't ranked 35th in the race only for winning Baku. Svitolina also routined Cibulkova in the US Open and had a great 2013 season so far.

I hope Alex will beat her, but it's not gonna be an easy match, that's for sure.
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #3860
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Svitolina lost to many players from outside the Top 100 this year and Dulgheru is a TOP player (in recovery) so she can beat her ( I hope so ) .

She played good to very good against Sharapova a few months ago , Great against Lepcenko and decent against Ivanovic (3/5 matches that I saw live - in the other 2 , she retired )
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #3861
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
She isn't ranked 35th in the race only for winning Baku. Svitolina also routined Cibulkova in the US Open and had a great 2013 season so far.

I hope Alex will beat her, but it's not gonna be an easy match, that's for sure.
Now she has at least one Top 30 win on her side to justify that Race position.

Now seriously, the players Alexandra beat in the last couple of months, mainly in Q, are the kind of players Svitolina beat to get cheap points in small MMs, bigger ITFs.

This is going to be an encounter on equal level terms right now. Svitolina is talented, but nothing special. As much as I love Monica, but double bageled by her should ban you from the Top 100 for quite some time.
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #3862

Keep in mind that Monica was on fire at that time, her confidence was at huge levels having just won her maiden title in Florianopolis a week before. On the other hand, Svitolina met Monica after two very tough long matches in the QD.
At the end of the season the more successful one out of these two ladies has to be Svitolina by far. Monica stalled while Elina improved a lot.

But in case I haven't made myself clear in the previous post: I also consider Alex the favorite to win this one, but I don't think she'll win without a lot of effort. Svitolina has nothing to lose and she'll fight for sure.
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #3863
country flag Curcubeu

And Monica wasn't tired herself after the traveling and the matches of the week before?

She couldn't deal with her game, plain and simple and she is usually having problems with opponents who are able to get a lot of balls back. She played a smart schedule, stayed injury-free and is therefore ranked where she is, but Alexandra would be my heavy favourite in this match.

The problem is that she wasn't able to play back to back convincing matches for quite some time. There are obvious reasons for that, but an obvious quicky in R1 here will help her to get the win and play her first WTA QF for ages.
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #3864
country flag Curcubeu

6-0 7-6(0)

5*-2 30-15 up

5*-6 0-30 down

11 points in a row to win the match
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #3865

Well done, Alex!
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #3866
country flag Curcubeu

And the all mighty Svitolina decided to gift her match to someone who hasn't won a MD match since March this year.

The only possible outcome after that senseless discussion in here.
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #3867
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

now please, don't you there fucking it up with Aruablabla

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #3868

She has to win this one! Hai Alexandro!
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #3869
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

The second set was a mess, she lost serve twice,but the tiebraker was glorious though. Please stop messing around Alexandra
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #3870
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
The second set was a mess, she lost serve twice,but the tiebraker was glorious though. Please stop messing around Alexandra
Alexandra is one of those players who seems to play better the more furious she gets.
After netting a basic backhand from the forecourt to go down 5-6 0-30, she was taking that ball in rage and played flawless tennis for the rest of the match. You could almost feel how pissed she was.

That said, this wasn't a good performance by any means.
I don't know how she served out a bagel in the 1st set, she was mediocre, also going down 0-40 on her first service game with 2 DFs.

That brainfart in the second set worried me. Han upped her game there, but it was a couple of crass unforced errors that made her losing serve from 5-2 30-15 up.

I expect her match against Aru... to be another grind festival with a lot of topspin and tiring rallies. She got to be fit to win this.