Anett Kontaveit - Page 143 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 14th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #2131
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Could not follow the match today, but wow, what a good fight from Anett!
So after losing in r2 in Moscow she is in the final now
I don't think she has much chance against Vogt (who has had mostly easy wins here) to be honest, but I keep my fingers crossed. Anett has won all the eight singles finals she has played until now, wouldn't want that streak to end
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #2132
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Could not follow the match today, but wow, what a good fight from Anett!
So after losing in r2 in Moscow she is in the final now
I don't think she has much chance against Vogt (who has had mostly easy wins here) to be honest, but I keep my fingers crossed. Anett has won all the eight singles finals she has played until now, wouldn't want that streak to end
Anett had a close match against Vogt last time and that was a while ago. And even though Vogt has been solid this tournament she hasn't been that great recently. I think if Anett brings her best tennis (which she always does in Pro Circuit Finals ) she has a good shot to win but even if she doesn't this week will still have been a success I really don't want this streak to end though

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #2133
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone else watching?

Anett just lost 12 points in a row, including 2 DFs.. 2*-4
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #2134
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Just started to watch, now she held her serve to love 3-4*
Not a single bp on Vogt's serve until now..
Gets one at *4-3 30-40, but unfortunately cannot break. *35
And another service game held to love 45*, Vogt is now serving for the set.
The statistics though don't show her one bp for some reason.
Vogt takes the first set 64.

Last edited by muusa : Sep 15th, 2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #2135
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, shame about the BP.
But holds to love now 4-5*
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #2136
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Is anyone else watching?

Anett just lost 12 points in a row, including 2 DFs.. 2*-4
I think it was at least third time in this tournament where she loses 10+ points in a row. So unstable.
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #2137
country flag WhoAmI?

Vogt's winning her service games with ease

But then Anett saves 2 BPs, and holds
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #2138
country flag muusa

Pheww holds her serve from being 15-40 down. 3-2*
That one BP from the first set is on the statistics as well now, but other than that not even remotely close to breaking on Vogt's serves.
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #2139
country flag WhoAmI?

Ughh, it's the points like this she should not be missing

This time she won 2 points on Vogt's serve.. better than 0, right. She could do better though.
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #2140
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Anett get it back to Deuce She really needs a Break IMO even just for her confidence
3-3 though
Get back in front My stream is stuffing up though

Old Sep 15th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #2141
country flag WhoAmI?

Broken
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #2142
country flag WhoAmI?

Nonononooo
Anett hitting losers or winners, unfortunately more losers in this game.
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #2143
country flag WhoAmI?

46 36 vs Vogt.
So, her first loss in a pro level singles final.
Vogt was better at keeping the ball in play, and also she had the dropshots going for her.
Disappointing
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #2144
country flag chingching

Anett hits 3 DFS, including 1 on MP to lose the game
Well actually quite a disappointing week for her but thank the lord she got a nice draw and played well enough in parts to get through
I am both pleased and saddened about seeing her: saddened because she is actually always bad, hitting way too many stupid errors and letting herself get too close to defeat but happy that even when she is playing horribly,, there is clearly a lot of room for improvement and she is still beating players around 200 and 300 She mustn't have hit a ball in the court vs Anna Smith

Still, ranking will increase to around 258 (could have been Top 250 if she won) after this but then Yoshkar-Ola points will come off Still, with her Australian swing coming up, she should make Qualies without trouble I hope they make her play Qualifying in the 50Ks so she can get 12 Points + her MD points

I swear the worst part about this is that she loses her streak

Old Sep 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #2145
country flag muusa

As I feared she was pretty much weaponless against Vogt. Other than those two games where she had BPs I think she got to 30 only twice on the rest of Vogt's serves. There were quite stupid misses to the net on the 2nd and 3rd BP also and a DF on the matchpoint
Btw last time they played two years ago, then Vogt won 64 75. So in terms of that score there has been no progression, but a regression.

Sad to see her nice winning streak end though. She is now 8-1 in ITF finals.
Still, 34 points is a very good push for her ranking and I hope she can now travel to Australia with confidence