Your tennis results?! - Page 95 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:22 AM   #1411
country flag Spencer.
JJ and company.

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Played on Monday for the first time in about a week or two.

Played same friend who usually kills me.

Lost 6-3 3-6 6-1 this time though! I played decent, actually okay-ish for my standards, he gifted me about 6,000 double faults and errors off my Errani-esque second serve

The first set I was up 3-2, but on serve. After missing out on 3 break points that return game, I proceed to lose 3 in a row, having break points in every one of his serve games and not taking any

The second set was like a WTA match... We kept breaking until I held for 5-3, then broke for the set

The third set I was pretty tired, but he definitely improved, and hit a really good bhdtl return winner on match point.

It was an enjoyable evening of tennis I hope I can play that well again soon.
Jankovic at her dramatic best will lead, throw the lead away, spot you a massive lead in the third set, decide to come back with some blazing retrieving and backhands, almost comeback, and then hand you the win, possibly with back to back double faults or netted forehands. You have no agency in this match. You might start to wonder if you have free will. Perhaps solipsism is true after all - is it Jankovic's world and you're simply allowed to live exist in it? It's basically existential waterboarding.
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:43 AM   #1412
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Defeated a good friend of mine 6-1 6-4. I have only lost to him once so I was pretty confident going in. Played very well in the first set, then it got a little clumsy afterwards as I went down 1-3, but I was able to start a comeback and close it out.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #1413
country flag chalonov

chalonov is just really nice chalonov is just really nice chalonov is just really nice chalonov is just really nice chalonov is just really nice chalonov is just really nice chalonov is just really nice chalonov is just really nice chalonov is just really nice chalonov is just really nice chalonov is just really nice

The last couple of day i played two matches with a friend from college.....the first one was my comeback to tennis after about two months resting an elbow injury.... i think i played good for having a long rest, serve was kinda bad no aces no speed no spins lot of DF, wy worst stroke the forehand was really good so i was happy for that, and my one handed backhand which is my best stroke took some time to warming up because of the injury and the pain but in the middle of the first set it was already working, before the match i proposed myself not to hit any slices, just topspin. at the end i won 6-2 6-4.
Days later we played a best of five match, my serve improve a lot, my slice and kick serve and worked really good, just one ace but they were problematic for my opponent, again i tried to use as less as posible slices and my topspin backhand gave me a lot of winners, the forehand was fine to take control of the points, i won 6-2 6-2 7-5 but what i really like is i`m playing solid and i think the best i ever played, also i like playing this friend because he is lefty.
Im thinking on change my racquet because is old (7 years) and maybe is giving me problems in my elbow, but i have no idea which one is the best to buy.
chalonov is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #1414
country flag igralec33

igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute

Played two matches lately.
Lost first one 4-6, 4-6. I didn't play bad, my friend was just better. But it's true I couldn't hit first serves in which can be problem for me as my first serve is my best shot. I hitted 1 first serve in my first 3 service games. -.-

Second one I won 2-6, 7-5, 6-3. Was playing like a crap till 2-6, 1-4; 0-40* down but then something just changed. I actually start pushing more (even though I hate it) and fighting like idiot. But it paid off.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #1415
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

Played a Amateur Tournament Here in Chile, i won 3 Matchs and in the Final im so tired and the 1 seed win me in 2 sets
next month i will play again
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #1416
country flag Zenith.

Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future

Played a tournament recently and won my first match 9-6 against a player with this SUPER annoying forehand slice. It looks like it is moving SOOO slowly but before you know it, it's at your feet! Lost second round 1-9 to top seed All's this player had to do was keep the ball in - I was making so many errors including 2 out of the fence Then I beat my friend in the elimination bracket 6-1 easily. Then I had a stomachache and lost 6-7(3-7) despite being down 0-3 0-40. I was fighting like crazy to get to the final round of the elimination bracket, but just couldn't do it with the stomachache.
More recently, I just played the same friend I beat and we played an EPIC (in our terms)! 4-6, 7-5, 10-8 was the final score with 3 match points saved by me! I now lead 5-3 in our series
Nastia Mona Venus
Zenith. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #1417
country flag Spencer.
JJ and company.

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by igralec33 View Post
Played two matches lately.
Lost first one 4-6, 4-6. I didn't play bad, my friend was just better. But it's true I couldn't hit first serves in which can be problem for me as my first serve is my best shot. I hitted 1 first serve in my first 3 service games. -.-

Second one I won 2-6, 7-5, 6-3. Was playing like a crap till 2-6, 1-4; 0-40* down but then something just changed. I actually start pushing more (even though I hate it) and fighting like idiot. But it paid off.
I hate pushing too! I'm not really good at any play style, since I'm sort of mediocre, but if he's having an off day, and I just place the ball, he hits so many out, and starts double faulting like Pavlyuchenkova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zziptennis View Post
Played a tournament recently and won my first match 9-6 against a player with this SUPER annoying forehand slice. It looks like it is moving SOOO slowly but before you know it, it's at your feet! Lost second round 1-9 to top seed All's this player had to do was keep the ball in - I was making so many errors including 2 out of the fence Then I beat my friend in the elimination bracket 6-1 easily. Then I had a stomachache and lost 6-7(3-7) despite being down 0-3 0-40. I was fighting like crazy to get to the final round of the elimination bracket, but just couldn't do it with the stomachache.
More recently, I just played the same friend I beat and we played an EPIC (in our terms)! 4-6, 7-5, 10-8 was the final score with 3 match points saved by me! I now lead 5-3 in our series
I've never beaten my friend He's just WAY too consistent and hits such a flat angled BH and such good FH I can't keep up! I hope I can start finding some others to play with more on my level. Congrats on your series
Jankovic at her dramatic best will lead, throw the lead away, spot you a massive lead in the third set, decide to come back with some blazing retrieving and backhands, almost comeback, and then hand you the win, possibly with back to back double faults or netted forehands. You have no agency in this match. You might start to wonder if you have free will. Perhaps solipsism is true after all - is it Jankovic's world and you're simply allowed to live exist in it? It's basically existential waterboarding.
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 02:21 AM   #1418
country flag Zenith.

Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future Zenith. has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
I hate pushing too! I'm not really good at any play style, since I'm sort of mediocre, but if he's having an off day, and I just place the ball, he hits so many out, and starts double faulting like Pavlyuchenkova.

I've never beaten my friend He's just WAY too consistent and hits such a flat angled BH and such good FH I can't keep up! I hope I can start finding some others to play with more on my level. Congrats on your series
I revert to pushing too when all else is failing I hate it but it works sometimes. My friend is like that too! He is so consistent and is EXTREMELY quick side to side. His backhand is iffy but his "fearhand" is wickedly flat and quick. Thanks for the congrats! I was down 0-2 and 1-3 but have managed to win 4 in a row!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Nastia Mona Venus
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 04:23 AM   #1419
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Just received three new-to-me racquets. I bought them because I accidental (honest!) broke my spare, and wanted to have duplicates of the racquet I already had: Prince Exo3 Black 100. I found these on eBay: they were 4 3/8 grip, strung with Prince EXP Green mains and natural gut in the crosses. I had been losing to my friend with my 4 1/2 grip strung with synthetic gut, but I have found that these smaller handled racquets with better string really make a difference. In our past seven sets, I have won the majority: last Sunday we split sets, 7-5, 3-6, 4-6, 7-6(1). But on Tuesday night, I won 7-6(2), 2-6, 7-6(1). I have dominated three tiebreaks; not sure why, but I always play better in them. I am a lefty with a pretty good serve, especially out wide on the ad side, but with these racquets I found I was more able to hit my spots and serve to all four corners. I hit several aces and many highlight reel shots last night.

Now I just need to find someplace that sells Prince gut and EXP Green here in Davao City, Philippines.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #1420
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

Lost to a friend with 2-6,3-6,his game kinda like Aga,I hit 3 aces,but still lose

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~Giorgi~
Oprandi~Radwanska~Li~Mayr~Voegele
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #1421
country flag Sam L
blue swan

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Won 6-3 6-2. Not as easy as it looks, I did squats the day before and my glutes were killing me. And the damn drop shots from the opponent.

In the mood for love of Clio & Urania
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #1422
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis club open day was yesterday. Pretty much just fun doubles matches. Serve needs urgent work again - I've been neglecting practice 'cause school's been busier. Still have a month and a bit until club matches start . I was wishing they could start now but I'm not quite ready .

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 01:45 AM   #1423
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

I keep losing and losing against my friend because I can't concentrate on my tennis cause I can't avoid thinking how much I want to give him a beatdown (a tennis beatdown obviously lol) because of all these times he's defeated me and I totally lose it in the match and play horrible. I last beat him in July but just because he had a cold and I had a good day, last time I beat him before that was December last year and we play every friggin' weekend HELP!!!

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #1424
country flag Zenith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
I keep losing and losing against my friend because I can't concentrate on my tennis cause I can't avoid thinking how much I want to give him a beatdown (a tennis beatdown obviously lol) because of all these times he's defeated me and I totally lose it in the match and play horrible. I last beat him in July but just because he had a cold and I had a good day, last time I beat him before that was December last year and we play every friggin' weekend HELP!!!
Well what tactics have you tried against him? Maybe consider trying something way out of your comfort zone like charging the net, moonballing, slicing everything, etc.

Today I played my friend again and I won again (barely). 7-6(7-5) saving 2 match points. I choked at 5-3 30-0 and 40-30 with a swinging and missing the ball and a double fault. He improved so much though! His first serve is now better than mine!!!! Only difference-mine actually goes in! :P Then at 5-6 15-40 it was my friend's turn to choke. He missed an easy smash that was VERY close and then double faulted to get to deuce. I broke and edged a dramatic tiebreak. He always hits the smashes way harder than he needs to though. Costed him a lot of points. :embarrassed: He did try a new tactic today of constantly moonballing, drop shotting, and slicing me today and it worked! But I started doing it back to him and he collapsed under my constant moonballing pressure

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Nastia Mona Venus
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #1425
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

I recently played a tournament this weekend U-16. Im 15, and i was playing like a 2/5 star tournament. I lost my opening round to 127 (out of 400) 6-3 6-0. It was really bad, I could have beaten him. He was just pushing the ball back and he only made like 3 unforced errors while he made like 3 winners. I on the other hand was very inconsistent because im nervous when i play ranked people. I don't know whats wrong with me, with my horrible mentality in going into matches with ranked people. Anyway I lost that, but I got to play consolations because we were guaranteed 2 matches at least. So i go into my match on Saturday thinking im gonna play a ranked person. But i get someone who has lost 4 matches in a row. Besides that im still nervous but I go and after I won my first service game I started feeling more comfortable and confident with my game. The kid was kinda bad, and I beat him 6-1 6-3. I still made many errors but like 10 times less. So i was relatively happy. But i didn't get any ranking points because he wasn't ranked. (Stupid Canadian ranking system). Anyway I won that match and today I came to the consolation finals playing a kid who had won 5 matches and lost 7. He was ranked like 250 out of 400 and I was really scared. I started liek warm up with him because we have like 10 minutes warmup. I realize that the kid is horrible and can't hit backhand and there forehand is very flat. Anyway I go into the match still scared but I got broken to love. I immediately broke back and then held for 2-1. He then held for 2-2. I then got broken again so it was 3-2 for him. I broke back again. I was just losing so many games because i was so scared to hit it hard. Anyway he was like a year older than me btw. So its 3-3 and I hold for the first time for 4-3. Then I broke him for 5-3 and I was serving for the set and got broken for a third time. At this point I was furious and played really tactically. He liked coming to the net and hitting volleys. So he would hit like a drop shot and then come to net. Im relatively fast so i get there and then I lob him and he is horrible at hitting overheads. He was like 6ft 2in btw. So I kept using this play everytime he went to net, and I got like 20 winners of just lobbing. Anyway its 5-4 and then I break to get the set 6-4. After that, I lost my opening service game. Then he won his. so it was 2-0 for him. I hold for 2-1. He holds for 3-1. I hold for 3-2. And then i broke him for 3-3. I got my service game for 4-3. He then held for 4-4 and then broke me to love. So it was 5-4 him. He served out the set for 6-4. I was furious because I could have easily won this like 6-4 6-2. But anyways we go to a third set and its not a set its like a tiebreaker up to ten like in doubles for wta. Anyway, I start off with an ace for 1-0. Then it went 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 4-1, 5-1, 6-2, 6-3, 7-3, 8-4, 9-4, 10-4. So I won the consols. And now im officially gonna get ranked!!!! IVe been trying to get the ranking for so long. Anyway, overall it was a really good experience but I need to work on my mentality, thats all, (plus my game) BTW the consols final was today, like 2 hours ago!!
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Proflyer98 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote