Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 96 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 05:12 AM   #1426
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

Terrible draw for Hev. Halep has been playing top 16 tennis this summer and is in the SF of New Haven this week.
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #1427
country flag James(Y)

James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all

Not expecting much from Heather tbh, hope she proves me wrong!
Think this is a great learning match up for her though, in my eyes Heather could really develop her game in the way Simona has and look at how great of a year she's having. Should be interesting hope we can watch it
James(Y) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #1428
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

It's not even like we can hope Halep is tired from her New Haven run - she won very easily today and won't be playing her first round until at least Tuesday. I just hope Heather gives a good account of herself

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #1429
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah going to be tough for heather she just got to play her game there is a small chance

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=)

Quote:
Nigel Sears
'Serenas serve is a wonderful action to copy, Please do not Copy Angelique Kerber's'
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #1430
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Just found this match so frustrating to watch. Heather really could have had it in two but from 4-4 40-0, I think most of us new that she wasn't coming out of that game a winner, just played awful from there losing 6 games in a row.

Halep was very lucky at times and benefitted from playing a lot of matches this year and winning them. Hev didn't really know how to react winning fairly comfortably against a New Haven top 20 champion. Opportunity knocked and just didn't take it

But definitely back and hopefully its just a matter of playing matches !!

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #1431
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Frustrating indeed. On the one hand, Hev played, in the early part of the match, better than I anticipated. On the other hand, she missed an opportunity, and cramped.

I think Halep just has the confidence of so many wins, and Heather has the opposite at the moment. She's not match-fit, mentally or physically. I wonder if it's worth her playing some Challengers. Well, she might have to if she can't defend her Osaka points.
pesto is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #1432
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

I agree, I think she should play some challenges but so far I know her schedule is Seoul next, so that means 2 weeks off ??? I'm not sure, could be wrong but she could get some match practice in these next two weeks.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #1433
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
I agree, I think she should play some challenges but so far I know her schedule is Seoul next, so that means 2 weeks off ??? I'm not sure, could be wrong but she could get some match practice in these next two weeks.
I guess she will play quallies in Tokyo and/or Beijing and then Osaka
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 07:06 AM   #1434
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Main Draw for Korea:
(1)A.Radwanska v Cadantu
Minella v Cabeza Candela
Dushevina v Soler-Espinosa
Q v (8)Beck

(4)Zakopalova v (wc)Su Jeong Jang
Burnett v Q
(wc)Sung-Hee Han v Dulgheru
Arruabarrena v (5)Svitolina

(6)Goerges v Doi
Begu v Q
(wc)Ye-Ra Lee v Gavrilova
Medina Garrigues v (3)Pavlyuchenkova

(7)Petkovic v Schviavone
Razzano v Dominguez Lino
Watson v Date-Krumm
Q v (2)Kirilenko

Great chance to pick up some points.
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #1435
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Kirilenko in second round will be tough, no?

Winnable first round though.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #1436
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
Kirilenko in second round will be tough, no?

Winnable first round though.
I'm sure it will be, first round isn't too bad so she has a chance there.
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #1437
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Hev first up on center, 4.00am BST. Nice early start
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 05:42 AM   #1438
Royals.

Lost 36 63 64 to Date-Krumm

Do you think she should play done 50K/100K ITFs? Her confidence is at an all time low right now. She's losing all these tough threes setters. She has Osaka points to defend.

I still think Jeremy Bates isn't the right coach for her. Three setters used to be Heathers strength. She would grind out so many tough three sets and win them.

I don't think it's a physical problem, it's more mental than anything. She doesn't believe she can win, when it gets tough anymore.

Last edited by Royals. : Sep 17th, 2013 at 05:47 AM.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #1439
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Ouch that one hurt. KDK was cramping at the end and served underarm at one point apparently. If Hev could have broken her she surely would have won....toughie. I don't know what Hev should do. My reaction is do what you can for the rest of the Asian tournaments and cut your losses and prep for next year. It's going to be very tough to stay top 100 and make the AO maindraw now anyway so go away and work on stuff. I'm still not completely convinced she's c100% over the mono....
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #1440
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Lost 36 63 64 to Date-Krumm

Do you think she should play done 50K/100K ITFs? Her confidence is at an all time low right now. She's losing all these tough threes setters. She has Osaka points to defend.

I still think Jeremy Bates isn't the right coach for her. Three setters used to be Heathers strength. She would grind out so many tough three sets and win them.

I don't think it's a physical problem, it's more mental than anything. She doesn't believe she can win, when it gets tough anymore.
Maybe Heather should swallow her pride and drop down to some low ranking tournaments where she can maybe put together a few wins and rebuild her game. Playing 1 match a week or fortnight is no good for anyone, fully fit or otherwise.

If she persists in the WTA tournaments and keeps losing in the first round, she will drop down to the ITF circuit soon anyway. There is no real confidence that Heather can even make it through the qualifying rounds of the bigger events so a period with regular competitive matches might do a lot more more good than the extended practice sessions that must make up a large part of Heather's current schedule.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote