Serena Williams:- "I want to end my career on an absolute high and on my terms"! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #46
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena Williams:- "I want to end my career on an absolute high and on my terms"!

= I want to win (at least) 23 Slams , and possibly a Golden Slam in 2016
(or one more than Court , so is that 25 ?)

well she could reach 23/25 at the US Open 2016 and then retire ..

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #47
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena Williams:- "I want to end my career on an absolute high and on my terms"!

She's definitely aiming for 18. Thinking beyond that would be dangerous with her age and her injury record; it can all slip away with one wrong move.

Ideally, I think she'd like to match Steffi's record. Trumping Court's asterisk record would be a bit of an ask, but not impossible.
The bigger question is will she remain healthy and will she keep her nerves under control, she's definitely starting to realize where she is in the Hall of Fame records and it's adding pressure to her.
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #48
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by renisenb View Post
It may depend on her love life. If she ends up getting married soon, she might fall pregnant at some point, and she may not care about slams anymore.
D is the absolute last thing on Serena's goals so I don't think marriage or kids will hinder her.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #49
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
17 slams and still trying to emulate Legend.
LMAO! So wrong.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #50
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

She can say whatever she wants but she keeps winning all these US Australian French whatever Open Mickey Mouse events and still hasn't dared to sign up for Bogota Slam, someone's scared of success.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #51
country flag Hazelwood

Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
She's definitely aiming for 18. Thinking beyond that would be dangerous with her age and her injury record; it can all slip away with one wrong move.

Ideally, I think she'd like to match Steffi's record. Trumping Court's asterisk record would be a bit of an ask, but not impossible.
The bigger question is will she remain healthy and will she keep her nerves under control, she's definitely starting to realize where she is in the Hall of Fame records and it's adding pressure to her.

I think she will try to win a 18th slam next year. Should she have it in the bag before the USO she will announce that this will be her farewell tournament, being still on top, leaving at her home slam.
Hazelwood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #52
country flag Viennalover

Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of
Post Re: Serena Williams:- "I want to end my career on an absolute high and on my terms"!

I think what she meant was she doesn't want to stay losing around like recent Federer
She's the King of tennis so she needs to stay strong or retire before convincingly lose to Vika or Pova in regular basis.
Especially she's comfortably dominating today's field against youngsters, she will quite when the dominating ends even she might has a slight chance for GS like Federer won 2012 Wimby.

She can't smile and say I'm enjoying tennis so why not? after losing to the folks she owns now.
Hope she can reach 20GS and that's quite an accomplishment. 22+ is possible but not easy, although I do wish her to win 25GS and ends the Goat debate
Viennalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #53
country flag Hazelwood

Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viennalover View Post
I think what she meant was she doesn't want to stay losing around like recent Federer
She's the King of tennis so she needs to stay strong or retire before convincingly lose to Vika or Pova in regular basis.
Especially she's comfortably dominating today's field against youngsters, she will quite when the dominating ends even she might has a slight chance for GS like Federer won 2012 Wimby.

She can't smile and say I'm enjoying tennis so why not? after losing to the folks she owns now.
Hope she can reach 20GS and that's quite an accomplishment. 22+ is possible but not easy, although I do wish her to win 25GS and ends the Goat debate

Even with 25 slams we would have to factor in that Court and Graf won a Grand Slam, had far higher winning percentage, were the #1 player for far longer, won more tournaments, faced better opposition.
Just imagine if the level of competition would stay the same until 2016. With players like Li, Kerber, Radwanska, Errani among the top 5. Serena then would have faced almost no opposition from 2008 to 2016. Nine years with no top competitor! Wouldn't the devaluate her slams big-time??
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #54
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelwood View Post
Even with 25 slams we would have to factor in that Court and Graf won a Grand Slam, had far higher winning percentage, were the #1 player for far longer, won more tournaments, faced better opposition.
Just imagine if the level of competition would stay the same until 2016. With players like Li, Kerber, Radwanska, Errani among the top 5. Serena then would have faced almost no opposition from 2008 to 2016. Nine years with no top competitor! Wouldn't the devaluate her slams big-time??
We would also factor in that the tour is much more brutal now than the tours Evert and Navratilova played, and Graf, etc. You can have arguments for and against for everything and for everyone. It's the reason why there is a debate. And interestingly enough - you seem to enjoy every argument diminishing Serena in every thread.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #55
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The tour is more physical demanding than ever. Serena is in the gym more than ever before. You also have to add in that Serena's rivals retired or just not good enough. None of them were stabbed in the back to advance a player.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #56
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jool* View Post
= I want to win (at least) 23 Slams , and possibly a Golden Slam in 2016
(or one more than Court , so is that 25 ?)

well she could reach 23/25 at the US Open 2016 and then retire ..
Agreed.

The key is "her terms." And you know Serena J Williams ain't cheap. Her "terms" are bound to be expensive.

She wants 23.

Caveat: ...that is, if she doesn't stop at 19GS.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #57
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
Agreed.

The key is "her terms." And you know Serena J Williams ain't cheap. Her "terms" are bound to be expensive.

She wants 23.

Caveat: ...that is, if she doesn't stop at 19GS.
She said on Letterman she wants to play 2016 Olympics. I don't even know if she has a specific number in her head after reaching 18.
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #58
country flag Hazelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
We would also factor in that the tour is much more brutal now than the tours Evert and Navratilova played, and Graf, etc. You can have arguments for and against for everything and for everyone. It's the reason why there is a debate. And interestingly enough - you seem to enjoy every argument diminishing Serena in every thread.

I don't think that the tour is very brutal.
Why do you think people like Radwanska and Errani can reach and stay in the top 5?

I don't "enjoy" diminishing Serena. But I'm shocked that some people really seem to think that Serena could be greater than Court, Navratilova or Graf. And I just hate kids who know nothing about tennis in the 70s, 80s and 90s but try to diminish the opposition those greats had.

Do you really think a Mandlikova or Sabatini would not have at least as much success today as they had back in the day? Do you really think they would have a lot of problems with Errani or Li?? Get real, please!
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #59
country flag Hazelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
The tour is more physical demanding than ever. Serena is in the gym more than ever before. You also have to add in that Serena's rivals retired or just not good enough. None of them were stabbed in the back to advance a player.

Why would even a retard try to stab Sharapova?
OK, for her shrieking, but else??
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #60
country flag TheDream

Quote:
Why would even a retard try to stab Sharapova?
OK, for her shrieking, but else??
I'm talking about Henin, Clijsters, Venus, Capriati, etc. where Serena won half if her slams. Hell, if Venus was stabbed Serena would be around 22 slams for sure. I just always found up odd that Graf fans complain about lack if competition when she caught the biggest break in tennis history. But, you're anger and bitterness should now be focused on Chris Evert. She's posting on twitter now how if it wasn't for the stabbing Seles would've won at least 8 more slams. At who's expense I wonder.