Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's? - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #226
country flag RadWANDska
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,735
RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level55 View Post
Funny how you sidestepped all the facts are gave you I am guessing you are about 12 years old, like most Nadal fans. Call me when Novak loses 7 finals in a row to the same player, or 3 GS finals in a row to the same player? Let me know when he wins a match when his opponent choked or actually hit more winners than him, but gifted it with UE

Calling him Fakervic even though Nadal has faked a billion injuries is the funniest thing ever! Let me guess, you think Nadal is gorgeous and want him to marry you? Do you also go by the alias Sarn on other forums? In that case, you are a middle aged woman who will never get over 2011. Lucky for you, Djokovic's level has dropped.

Ignore list now
Wrong to absolutely everything

13 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6
RadWANDska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #227
country flag Cajka
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 16,226
Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWill View Post
Some hopeless bastard ACTUALLY said that Andy Mugray winning 2 slams on ATP is greater than anything Serena has done with 17. I seriously have been laughing at that entire thread for like 10 minutes.
those people are regular posters here btw.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #228
country flag gbenga
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,808
gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Are all of you really this dense on purpose? The problem was not their domination. The problem was THEIR MATCHES. The reason people thought they were fixed is because of how horrific the play was. This was why Serena was (unjustly) booed at Indian Wells, because it was rumored Venus's withdrawal was a family decision. I vividly remember this period of time and the problem was that when Venus and Serena got to a final, you knew it was going to be boring. Conversely, Federer-Nadal have often been classic battles.

So unless you have some other quotes...
ALL IN THE FAMILY

By Tom Scocca | Posted 9/12/2001

About halfway through the second set of the U.S. Open women's tennis final on Sept. 8, the prime-time audience saw Serena Williams run down a ball deep in the corner, turn on it, and rake a crosscourt forehand out of her older sister Venus' reach. It was a beautiful and ruthless thing to witness. Arthur Ashe Stadium rumbled, as much as a tennis stadium can ever be said to rumble.
"The crowd's getting what they're hoping for, a longer match," John McEnroe said, in the CBS broadcast booth.

Then, beside him, Mary Carillo opened her mouth. "But it seems like--doesn't it seem--this is why again, people have been suspicious of the matches between these two. It seems like Venus Williams has really dropped her form in the last couple of games."

As Carillo was speaking, Venus Williams stung a neat passing shot for a winner. Carillo kept pursuing her topic: "Serena's won 10 of the last 13 points, at a time when it seemed that Venus was taking a very straight, straight-sets path to the championship." Venus poked one into the corner, sending Serena scrambling after it; the little sister got her racquet on it for a return, but the big sister smashed it to put the point away.

Most announcers, confronted with a match as big as this one--the high-profile network time slot, the first Grand Slam final between sisters since the 19th century--would have been content to roll with the hype, whatever happened on the court. Carillo seemed caught by some opposite compulsion, bound to question the integrity of the match, whether the action looked fishy or not.

The Williams sisters have been accused before of rigging their matches against each other. A whispering campaign on the women's tour took off this past March, when The National Enquirer ran a piece--quoting a Williams cousin and an ex-girlfriend of their father, Richard--that accused Serena of throwing the Wimbledon semifinal between the sisters in 2000; Venus went on to win the tournament for her first Grand Slam title. The same week the Enquirer story came out, Venus bailed out of a match against Serena in California, claiming a sore knee minutes before they were supposed to start playing. Even Tank McNamara took a dig at the sisters last week, with a plot line wherein both bailed out of the U.S. Open rather than meeting in the final.

There is, if nothing else, a psychological reason for the tennis world's suspicions about the Williamses. They are bound together more tightly in the public mind than, say, John and Patrick McEnroe were. As Spike Lee put it to a New York Times reporter, the sisters have Negritude; the rest of tennis does not. This has made them, inescapably, a sort of a joint entry. If you beat Serena Williams in the quarterfinals and lose to Venus in the semis, you don't get credit for going 1-1 against two of the world's top players. The Williams sisters have beaten you.

But there's a difference between the sisters cooperating symbolically against the world and cooperating for real when they're supposed to be competing. The Enquirer's sources said Richard Williams claimed to have ordered Serena to lose at Wimbledon, to boost her older sister's career. This is not quite the same thing as a confession from one of the sisters. Richard Williams has said a lot of things through the years that have turned out not to be true--right through the U.S. Open final, when he told the press he was fleeing New York so as not to see his daughters facing off, then reportedly hung around the Flushing tennis complex watching the match on television.

The rest of the basis for the Wimbledon story was that Serena, after slaughtering all comers, had played a stinker of a match against her sister. It was too sloppy a performance to be believed. By that reasoning, Pete Sampras must be Lleyton Hewitt's big brother. Sampras, after all, played the best tennis in the Open men's draw, beating Patrick Rafter and Marat Safin and outlasting Andre Agassi in a duel of brutal precision. Then he came out and flailed through the final like he was wearing a bucket over his head.

The Williams sisters, on the other hand, played what looked like a decent tennis match. It wasn't the best match of the tournament, but when is the Super Bowl the best game of the NFL playoffs? Venus was covering the whole court, keeping things under control, forcing her sister to try harder and wider shots. Serena was not converting enough of those shots. It was a nice, normal match; between 2-2 and 3-3 in the second set, when Carillo was busy casting aspersions, the action was rising to thrilling levels.

It took Dick Enberg, waking from one of his on-air naps, to do justice to the match. Giving no sign that he'd even heard Carillo, Enberg simply, blandly noted, as Serena tossed the ball in the air, that the 1999 U.S. Open champion was serving to the 2000 Open champ. It may be that the sisters don't play their best tennis head-to-head; they're so familiar with each other, it's tough to see how they could. But they've played well enough against everyone else. And with five Grand Slam wins between them now, they hardly need to do each other any favors.

http://www2.citypaper.com/columns/story.asp?id=8411
gbenga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #229
bandabou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 39,958
bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I'm not sure she was supposed to, anyway Maria even with Serena around has the best career among all players. I'm not counting Venus since she is no more a big threat but you can say what you want, the matter is that Maria's career is already mighty fine even with Serena around.
There are many more players you guys can feel sorry for, and I'm sure most players knows that too.
Maria has a great career and she is still only 26.
You're not so sure, she was supposed to, huh?!

Best career, million levels below Serena...I give you that.
__________________
Always bet on black!
Can you handle the truth?
The truth:
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256


Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #230
bandabou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 39,958
bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Exactly, Federer always had competition. Nadal was the one winning FO every single year and beating Federer along the way.
Serena, from a 1st round loss last year came back to win the title 1 year after no wonder Serena doesn't feel like going anywhere, the Tour is weak.
Yeah punk...Serena lost 1r and then came back to beat claygoat Maria Sharapova...you remember the days you so wanted that Maria got a chance against Serena on red clay, real clay, so that Maria can score some wins?! You DO remember,don't you?!

So now you saying that Serena doesn't have competition?! Finally it got to you: Maria ISN'T and NEVER was competition for Serena.
__________________
Always bet on black!
Can you handle the truth?
The truth:
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256


Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #231
country flag doomsday
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13,370
doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Yeah punk...Serena lost 1r and then came back to beat claygoat Maria Sharapova...you remember the days you so wanted that Maria got a chance against Serena on red clay, real clay, so that Maria can score some wins?! You DO remember,don't you?!

So now you saying that Serena doesn't have competition?! Finally it got to you: Maria ISN'T and NEVER was competition for Serena.
Get your head out of Maria's ass for 5 seconds, not everything is about her you know.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #232
Sarindipity
Senior Member
 
Sarindipity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,073
Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
And Serena was supposed to be stopped by Maria, but alas...
Is there ever a day when you don't talk about Sharapova?
__________________
Not today, Satan.
Demons never speak the truth:


Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
serena's not gonna win it. you know it. it's a stupid award yes but she's not gonna get it. like that 18. it's not gonna happen. bye now.
Sarindipity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #233
country flag tennisbum79
Senior Member
 
tennisbum79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 33,131
tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbenga View Post
ALL IN THE FAMILY

By Tom Scocca | Posted 9/12/2001

About halfway through the second set of the U.S. Open women's tennis final on Sept. 8, the prime-time audience saw Serena Williams run down a ball deep in the corner, turn on it, and rake a crosscourt forehand out of her older sister Venus' reach. It was a beautiful and ruthless thing to witness. Arthur Ashe Stadium rumbled, as much as a tennis stadium can ever be said to rumble.
"The crowd's getting what they're hoping for, a longer match," John McEnroe said, in the CBS broadcast booth.

Then, beside him, Mary Carillo opened her mouth. "But it seems like--doesn't it seem--this is why again, people have been suspicious of the matches between these two. It seems like Venus Williams has really dropped her form in the last couple of games."

As Carillo was speaking, Venus Williams stung a neat passing shot for a winner. Carillo kept pursuing her topic: "Serena's won 10 of the last 13 points, at a time when it seemed that Venus was taking a very straight, straight-sets path to the championship." Venus poked one into the corner, sending Serena scrambling after it; the little sister got her racquet on it for a return, but the big sister smashed it to put the point away.

Most announcers, confronted with a match as big as this one--the high-profile network time slot, the first Grand Slam final between sisters since the 19th century--would have been content to roll with the hype, whatever happened on the court. Carillo seemed caught by some opposite compulsion, bound to question the integrity of the match, whether the action looked fishy or not.

The Williams sisters have been accused before of rigging their matches against each other. A whispering campaign on the women's tour took off this past March, when The National Enquirer ran a piece--quoting a Williams cousin and an ex-girlfriend of their father, Richard--that accused Serena of throwing the Wimbledon semifinal between the sisters in 2000; Venus went on to win the tournament for her first Grand Slam title. The same week the Enquirer story came out, Venus bailed out of a match against Serena in California, claiming a sore knee minutes before they were supposed to start playing. Even Tank McNamara took a dig at the sisters last week, with a plot line wherein both bailed out of the U.S. Open rather than meeting in the final.

There is, if nothing else, a psychological reason for the tennis world's suspicions about the Williamses. They are bound together more tightly in the public mind than, say, John and Patrick McEnroe were. As Spike Lee put it to a New York Times reporter, the sisters have Negritude; the rest of tennis does not. This has made them, inescapably, a sort of a joint entry. If you beat Serena Williams in the quarterfinals and lose to Venus in the semis, you don't get credit for going 1-1 against two of the world's top players. The Williams sisters have beaten you.

But there's a difference between the sisters cooperating symbolically against the world and cooperating for real when they're supposed to be competing. The Enquirer's sources said Richard Williams claimed to have ordered Serena to lose at Wimbledon, to boost her older sister's career. This is not quite the same thing as a confession from one of the sisters. Richard Williams has said a lot of things through the years that have turned out not to be true--right through the U.S. Open final, when he told the press he was fleeing New York so as not to see his daughters facing off, then reportedly hung around the Flushing tennis complex watching the match on television.

The rest of the basis for the Wimbledon story was that Serena, after slaughtering all comers, had played a stinker of a match against her sister. It was too sloppy a performance to be believed. By that reasoning, Pete Sampras must be Lleyton Hewitt's big brother. Sampras, after all, played the best tennis in the Open men's draw, beating Patrick Rafter and Marat Safin and outlasting Andre Agassi in a duel of brutal precision. Then he came out and flailed through the final like he was wearing a bucket over his head.

The Williams sisters, on the other hand, played what looked like a decent tennis match. It wasn't the best match of the tournament, but when is the Super Bowl the best game of the NFL playoffs? Venus was covering the whole court, keeping things under control, forcing her sister to try harder and wider shots. Serena was not converting enough of those shots. It was a nice, normal match; between 2-2 and 3-3 in the second set, when Carillo was busy casting aspersions, the action was rising to thrilling levels.

It took Dick Enberg, waking from one of his on-air naps, to do justice to the match. Giving no sign that he'd even heard Carillo, Enberg simply, blandly noted, as Serena tossed the ball in the air, that the 1999 U.S. Open champion was serving to the 2000 Open champ. It may be that the sisters don't play their best tennis head-to-head; they're so familiar with each other, it's tough to see how they could. But they've played well enough against everyone else. And with five Grand Slam wins between them now, they hardly need to do each other any favors.

http://www2.citypaper.com/columns/story.asp?id=8411
Good luck with AcesHigh, he has no use for fact or evidence.

However, he will always ask for them in an attempt to stump you.
And when you produce the evidence as you just did, he will just sidestep them and go on to ask other marginal question having little to do with his request.

Few of us went back and forth last night about his contention that nobody ever said the WS domination was bad for tennis, or that fans were bored of seeing them dominate and winning a lot. He said none of this ever happen, and he goes on to say the issue is only raised out persecution complex.
__________________
__________________________________
Venus Williams Grand Slam VII
Serena Williams Grand Slam XVIII

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #234
country flag AcesHigh
Senior Member
 
AcesHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 10,172
AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Good luck with AcesHigh, he has no use for fact or evidence.

However, he will always ask for them in an attempt to stump you.
And when you produce the evidence as you just did, he will just sidestep them and go on to ask other marginal question having little to do with his request.

Few of us went back and forth last night about his contention that nobody ever said the WS domination was bad for tennis, or that fans were bored of seeing them dominate and winning a lot. He said none of this ever happen, and he goes on to say the issue is only raised out persecution complex.
You say they were tired of domination and then you give articles about fixing matches.

Hopefully you're not a lawyer
__________________
I always wanted to be somebody. If I made it, it's half because I was game enough to take a lot of punishment along the way and half because there were a lot of people who cared enough to help me.
-Althea Gibson


Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #235
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!
 
LoveFifteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 8,493
LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Domination is only boring when you hate the player that is dominating.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #236
country flag moaneymurray
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 97
moaneymurray is a name known to all moaneymurray is a name known to all moaneymurray is a name known to all moaneymurray is a name known to all moaneymurray is a name known to all moaneymurray is a name known to all moaneymurray is a name known to all moaneymurray is a name known to all moaneymurray is a name known to all moaneymurray is a name known to all moaneymurray is a name known to all
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level55 View Post
Let me know when he wins a match when his opponent choked or actually hit more winners than him, but gifted it with UE
ROTFL Djorkovic wins atleast 2 of his matches per every slam that way. The semifinal with Wawrinika at this years U.S Open was the biggest example of a big slam match all year when "wins a match when his opponent choked and hit a ton more winners than him, but gifted it with UE". Anyway continue with the butthurt, 13 is alot greater than 6, and in the future it will probably be more like 18 to 8. One has people like McEnroe and Courier calling them the best ever, and the other was a 1 year flash in the pan. I know who I would rather be.
moaneymurray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #237
country flag Level55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 630
Level55 has much to be proud of Level55 has much to be proud of Level55 has much to be proud of Level55 has much to be proud of Level55 has much to be proud of Level55 has much to be proud of Level55 has much to be proud of Level55 has much to be proud of Level55 has much to be proud of Level55 has much to be proud of Level55 has much to be proud of
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaneymurray View Post
ROTFL Djorkovic wins atleast 2 of his matches per every slam that way. The semifinal with Wawrinika at this years U.S Open was the biggest example of a big slam match all year when "wins a match when his opponent choked and hit a ton more winners than him, but gifted it with UE". Anyway continue with the butthurt, 13 is alot greater than 6, and in the future it will probably be more like 18 to 8. One has people like McEnroe and Courier calling them the best ever, and the other was a 1 year flash in the pan. I know who I would rather be.
One day you might believe all this. How can you be a 1 year flash in the pan when outside of that year you have won three slams? Djokovic 2011 is one of the top 3 best years ever. That is a fact. Of course he couldn't repeat it.
Nadal's best year, 2010, doesn't come close. You gonna call that year a flash in the pan cos he couldn't repeat it? Funny how you can't deny that he wins most of his matches by his opponents choking and hitting UE. Can't argue with stats my friend

Who cares what Courier and McEnroe say, they are the biggest bandwagoners ever? 17 is a lot greater than 13

Another one for the old IL. If I wanted to listen to this shit, I would go to MTF
Level55 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #238
edificio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 29,146
edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Basically, people are sexist.

However, based on Monday's final, Nadal's game is less boring than usual.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #239
country flag tennisbum79
Senior Member
 
tennisbum79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 33,131
tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
You say they were tired of domination and then you give articles about fixing matches.

Hopefully you're not a lawyer
No, the article include both, match fixing allegation and domination being boring.


I even plucked out quote from Mauresmo, Justine and Capriati and posted them separately along with the link.

You're juts not a careful reader.
We should not really have to do this for you, you can easily find these news clippings.


http://www.sportstaronnet.com/tss2529/25290220.htm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...-Mauresmo.html
__________________
__________________________________
Venus Williams Grand Slam VII
Serena Williams Grand Slam XVIII

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #240
country flag RadWANDska
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,735
RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future
Re: Double Standards: Why do people say Serena's dominance is boring but not Nadal's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaneymurray View Post
ROTFL Djorkovic wins atleast 2 of his matches per every slam that way. The semifinal with Wawrinika at this years U.S Open was the biggest example of a big slam match all year when "wins a match when his opponent choked and hit a ton more winners than him, but gifted it with UE". Anyway continue with the butthurt, 13 is alot greater than 6, and in the future it will probably be more like 18 to 8. One has people like McEnroe and Courier calling them the best ever, and the other was a 1 year flash in the pan. I know who I would rather be.
PREACH
RadWANDska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios