Alexandra Cadantu - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #1501
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
To be honest, this results just shows the difference in play between these two right now.

I was quite surprised to see Kichenok's ranking, but winning the Astana 100k event with 25k field explains a lot.
No matter, Alexandra just Kicked her off.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #1502
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To be honest, this results just shows the difference in play between these two right now.

I was quite surprised to see Kichenok's ranking, but winning the Astana 100k event with 25k field explains a lot.
Wathc her final vs Joao Koehler before you make such a ridiculous comment thank you
Nads is a good player and if this match was played that week she would have won easily. Alex has improved a lot See Sharipova scorelines this year compared to last

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #1503
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Wathc her final vs Joao Koehler before you make such a ridiculous comment thank you
Nads is a good player and if this match was played that week she would have won easily. Alex has improved a lot See Sharipova scorelines this year compared to last
I don't see a contradiction between what I said.

That Koehler chick is getting her butt kicked by Alexandra as well so far this year. It doesn't change the fact that Astana is one of the weakest 100k events with Koehler who is hammered by the first decent player she meets reaching the final pretty much proves the point.

Anyway, there are a lot of good matches on the ITF circuit when the two players' games add up nicely, but a better play wouldn't allow lower ranked players to play that game and this is exactly what Alexandra is capable of. Kichenok barely held serve here.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #1504
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't see a contradiction between what I said.

That Koehler chick is getting her butt kicked by Alexandra as well so far this year. It doesn't change the fact that Astana is one of the weakest 100k events with Koehler who is hammered by the first decent player she meets reaching the final pretty much proves the point.

Anyway, there are a lot of good matches on the ITF circuit when the two players' games add up nicely, but a better play wouldn't allow lower ranked players to play that game and this is exactly what Alexandra is capable of. Kichenok barely held serve here.
As I said, watch serve. I am sure Alexandra is the better player but not by that much. I just think she played close to her best and Nads was shit Still, you are technically right about their difference in levels today. But I mean Nads beat Birnerova yesterday in Straights I think Alex should win the tournament now unless Govortsova plays her best

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #1505
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

She could even make the final as Govortsova or Minella aren't very tough players.
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #1506
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Govortsova not tough? She's not in her best shape, I admit, but she is tough!
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #1507

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Of course I was talking about the shape. Because I've seen a few matches of Govortsova's in the past and she can be trouble indeed when she plays at her max.
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1508
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
As I said, watch serve. I am sure Alexandra is the better player but not by that much. I just think she played close to her best and Nads was shit Still, you are technically right about their difference in levels today.
Alexandra is leading the H2H by 3-0 and is yet to drop a set against N. Kichenok. She is the better player by considerable margin right now.

This doesn't mean that things won't change in the future or that Nadiya won't improve, but as for now Alexandra is having the better end of these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Govortsova not tough? She's not in her best shape, I admit, but she is tough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Of course I was talking about the shape. Because I've seen a few matches of Govortsova's in the past and she can be trouble indeed when she plays at her max.
Govortsova is a weird one, I agree with you on that.

She can play some fine tennis, no doubt, nut she has days on which she would lose to a scarecrow holding a tennis racket.

Alexandra's consistency will definitely trouble her, but this could indeed become a close one.
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #1509

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Alex lost 36 26. What really surprises me is how weak her second serve is and the number of DF per match. I mean in the last month, even when she won the match, she still hit around 10 or more...

Still a good week for her reaching the quarterfinals here.
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #1510
country flag Curcubeu

I watched the match and first of all I have to say that Govortsova probably played one of her best matches this year and especially in regard to her latest form. She was pretty solid for her level and played well on the big points.

Now to Alexandra I have to say that her two biggest weaknesses have been shown today:

1.) Her 2nd serve or better said her 2nd first serve

In her last 10 matches on the WTA she has now nearly hit a total of 70 DFs. That's just insane. However, her 2nd serve is basically a first serve and therefore very error prone. The funny thing is that I got the impression today that she doesn't even want to play it safe on the 2nd serve, being fully aware that a slower 2nd serve would got banged on the return anyway.

That one ace on 2nd serve was a rocket, but you can't play it like that any time when your name is not Serena.

2.) Her lack of power

Olga had no problems dealing with Alexandra's pace in the baseline rallies. On the other hand, I even had the feeling that she benefitted hugely and missed much more balls on slower or high bouncing ones.
At one point Alexandra got frustrated after she saw that she really can't force her to errors in the ordinary baseline exchange, so that she started to commit mindless errors by going for too much. She was able to open up the court a couple of times by playing the angle or the loopy topspin ball to the corner, but even then Govortsova always had a chance to get back into the rally because Alexandra was lacking the 'killer shot' to finish them.

While I also think that those fast paced courts are becoming less and less of a problem for her, I still see her more successful on the clay. On slower surfaces, she will always have a get on the opponents service game, so a couple of loose service games on her own won't pressure her. On these faster surfaces, however, she really needs to take the few opportunities she gets, otherwise the scoreline will look always like today.
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #1511
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Seoul, Main Draw:

(1)A.Radwanska v Cadantu
Minella v Cabeza Candela
Dushevina v Soler-Espinosa
Q v (8)Beck

Win some games!
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #1512

Old Sep 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #1513

Unlucky.

Didn't scratch enough the surface with her racket or blinked . Just kidding , I don't mind that (very much)
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #1514
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

It's your time to shine Alex
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #1515
country flag Curcubeu

She is bossing her around the court right now.

She had her chances in the first set and now it's going down. However, the performance she showed in the opener was the best I've seen her play outside clay, maybe even her best in general. She is definitely improving steadily and will have a shot at the Challenger event next week.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Sep 17th, 2013 at 10:14 AM.