Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 115 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #1711
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
I want the old Novak back. I feel like after being No.1 in 2011 and at the top of the tennis world, he just tried so hard, really really hard, to be liked by everyone like you said, tried to entertain the crowds with all the dancing stuffs and interviews. Those were even less funny than Maria's mockings and giggles. And the clownest thing I have seen was when he put on a wig and danced at Montreal this year Stop that Novak. Be a villain or whatever. I don't care. At the end of your career, no one cares about that. Just focus on your tennis. Let's be someone like Vika who doesn't need love from the crowds and only focuses on her tennis and doing well.
None of that has anything to do with his tennis though. It's not because he wore a wig in Montreal that Nadal beat him in the USO final. People always look for external reasons when their faves lose. It's the boy or girlfriend, they spend too much time selling candy () watching golf () or partying. Their mind is not on the job anymore or they don't train hard enough. Fact of the matter is that both Nadal and Djokovic are great players and that inevitably one of them has to lose. It won't always be the same guy that ends up lifting the trophee. Sure, this is not the Djokovic of 2011, but that season was always going to be a hard act to follow. He's not that far away though. He'll win more majors, don't worry.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #1712
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

I agree that too many look for external excuses when when their fave loses. But tennis is such a mental sport, especially when the top players face each other. The margins are so thin in this particular match-up. So, criticizing Novak's social on-goings I don't believe is out of line. The only thing that can really be pin-pointed instead of speculated about is Novak's reaction to the crowd. His play shouldn't be so determined by whether the crowd is for or against him.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #1713
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Nole fans shouldn't complain about his tennis season, you all talking like you are Federer fans tbh...
Must feel good to be a Nadull/Sarin fan right now, but nothing stays forever, that's just sports. Think of where Nadull was just one year ago, things change and what he did is nothing short of admirable.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1714
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

GM is sooooo bad now. If I read another thread created by "douchesanders" from 2010 I swear.

It speaks volumes how they claim Serena to be the greatest ever (which she very well may end up being) but still feel so insecure about Maria who's career isn't even comparable to Serena's. It's almost sad to see, you'd think they'd be happy or at least satisfied with their favourite player doing well, but no.

And did you see they brought back the Wozniacki Miami match result thread? FOR WHAT?

the desperation.
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #1715
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
GM is sooooo bad now. If I read another thread created by "douchesanders" from 2010 I swear.

It speaks volumes how they claim Serena to be the greatest ever (which she very well may end up being) but still feel so insecure about Maria who's career isn't even comparable to Serena's. It's almost sad to see, you'd think they'd be happy or at least satisfied with their favourite player doing well, but no.

And did you see they brought back the Wozniacki Miami match result thread? FOR WHAT?

the desperation.
I never read GM and as far as I am concerned they can rant about Maria 24 hours a day.
But they will never take away the fact that Maria has been the most successful new player of the WTA coming out over the past 10 years. And in addition - God bless her - drop dead gorgeous, smart, darn rich.
GM can drown in its own spit.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #1716
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Even I'd forgotten about some of those threads
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #1717
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Is this really how Serena fans celebrate her win ? By bumping old threads, they're miserable.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #1718
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Pimping myself out one last time. The conclusion of my trip to Sri Lanka

http://topoftheworld18.wordpress.com...weeks-5-and-6/
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #1719
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Shoes Britney is supposed to be wearing in the Work Bitch MV.

I need Yuryevna to wear something like this.
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #1720
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
I dreamed Maria last night after watching her Larry King interview

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #1721
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

wacthing larry king interview
malarkist is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #1722
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

maria on playing in istanbul: "that's my goal."
but she pretty much said she's not gonna play. hahahh
malarkist is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #1723
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post

the desperation.
It's always the same.

You read my mind with this post.

They** are bad winners. No humility. Your'e fave just won, be happy!

Instead it's all arrogance and "dragging". It shows an inner insecurity

Mashabators are actually very humble and appreciative, and most like and respect Serena. On the other side it's the opposite. Their fave owns Maria and has 17 slams, but it's somehow not enough for them

**I say "they" but I mean the bad ones. The majority of Silliams fans are smart and decent people.

Talk about a few bad apples

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #1724
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
None of that has anything to do with his tennis though. It's not because he wore a wig in Montreal that Nadal beat him in the USO final. People always look for external reasons when their faves lose. It's the boy or girlfriend, they spend too much time selling candy () watching golf () or partying. Their mind is not on the job anymore or they don't train hard enough. Fact of the matter is that both Nadal and Djokovic are great players and that inevitably one of them has to lose. It won't always be the same guy that ends up lifting the trophee. Sure, this is not the Djokovic of 2011, but that season was always going to be a hard act to follow. He's not that far away though. He'll win more majors, don't worry.
I agree so much with this part

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #1725
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
It's always the same.

You read my mind with this post.

They** are bad winners. No humility. Your'e fave just won, be happy!

Instead it's all arrogance and "dragging". It shows an inner insecurity

Mashabators are actually very humble and appreciative, and most like and respect Serena. On the other side it's the opposite. Their fave owns Maria and has 17 slams, but it's somehow not enough for them

**I say "they" but I mean the bad ones. The majority of Silliams fans are smart and decent people.

Talk about a few bad apples
I don't think that the Serena fanbase is that different from any other. Except that they can't resist to bring race into the conversation at every opportunity. But other than that - TF has always been a place where fans of the better player love to shit on the lesser player. Since they support the best player they can shit on whoever they want and Maria is their favorite victim since she is a bigger star than Vika. But if Maria was the one with 17 slam titles I think her fans would behave in exactly the same manner. Not all of them of course, but not all Serena fans think that being a jerk is an achievement either. But back in the day when Woz was #1 the Sharapova fanbase had among Woz fans the reputation of being the most vile and hatefull one of the lot, which was some achievement since everyone but a few hardcore fans hated (and continue to hate) her. Weird since Woz never really posed a threat to anyone, let alone Sharapova. But then Sharapova doesn't really pose a threat to Serena either. So, what it all comes down to is the usual TF nonsense that says that "my fave is a genius and a crown jewel among women while your fave is a scrub and a disgusting bitch." And because Serena has 17 majors and Maria has 4 they think they have the ammunition to justify such behavior, just like Maria fans in the past (and present) feel they have the ammunition to shoot down any claims that Woz is anything other than an overrated scrub or bitch.....TF in a nutshell.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread