Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 113 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #1681
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
In that wind anyone's first serve percentage goes down. And she couldn't go for her second serve as much either because she would have DF-ed too much.
OG final 2012 Serena's serve was amazing and it was way more windy than yesterday, it's true that her form was also great but I'm just saying that Serena doesn't let anything disturb her against Maria. It's insane.
I really hope Maria touched a nerve with her comments about Serena's relationship, it might help who knows
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #1682
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

I'll admit that wishing players not to win is an awful attitude towards sports, but like all of you here I just can't stomach Vika having 3 slams. So Sarin winning is a good result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I still maintain that Maria is capable of doing most of the things that Azarenka does against Serena, but I do genuinely think Aza really spent a LOT of time during last offseason studying Serena and coming up with a thorough gameplan (there was just too dramatic an improvement in her tactics from her poor performance against ListlessRena at the YEC compared to her matches against her this year), and that's something Maria will have to do.
Yep. Look at how Vika struggled in Cincy and this USO and basically the whole 2013, but brought some of her best (relative) game against Sarin. Clear game plan, focused mind, and good execution, she has Sarin as her ultimate goal for 2013 and is inevitably inching closer to solving this riddle. Sumyk deserved more credit than he's given, while OTOH you have people like Mouratoglou...

Quote:
Which is key. That's the way the game is going. Even on the mens side - Djokovic, Nadal, Murray - all of them are great on defense as well as attack.
Spot on. I really see that prototype now on both tours as represented by Djokovic and Vika.

Quote:
I'm not a big believer of the theory that Serena always "plays better" against Maria because of some personal grudge or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Y'all have to admit though, she goes all Jameka Williams on Martha's ass.
I used to think Sarin has lots of respect for Martha, hence that laser like focus against her. We all know how Martha can make a comeback if you give her an opening. But perhaps after the nth beatdown, Sarin is just too confident to even entertain the thought of losing games, much less matches against Martha
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #1683
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Anyway I know I shouldn't be reading GM but I am.
Gosh when she's not even in the tournament, with Sarin winning, with Vika pulling a respectable 3 set scoreline, the haters are still out on full force tramping on someone out with injury??

To be honest I don't mind all that crap they are throwing at Martha, because there's no single doubt in me that she'll come back and make these very trolls who predicted R1 and R2 losses eat their words. All the more sweeter it feels then.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #1684
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

According to the tv schedule, Maria's supposed to be on Chelsea Lately tomorrow, Sept. 10th.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #1685
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post

I used to think Sarin has lots of respect for Martha, hence that laser like focus against her. We all know how Martha can make a comeback if you give her an opening. But perhaps after the nth beatdown, Sarin is just too confident to even entertain the thought of losing games, much less matches against Martha
OT, but did people actually think until recently that Maria and Serena were "friendly" off court? I always thought people were just joking because of the infamous "Maria should ask Serena out on a date" thread.

They've always despised eachother. I remember on the BBC's Wimbledon coverage a few years ago, they interviewed the owner of one of the most popular restaurants in Wimbledon village, and they said that if Serena and her entourage ever came in and saw Maria was eating in there, they'd immediately leave

ETA:
Found it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7491025.stm
From 3:00. "The Williams sisters and Sharapova...if Sharapova's in, they don't come in, but when she gets knocked out, they then appear"
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #1686
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
According to the tv schedule, Maria's supposed to be on Chelsea Lately tomorrow, Sept. 10th.

This should be so interesting now that they're friends . I just hope 95% isn't going to be about Sugarpova, but I won't be holding my breath
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #1687
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

She has Sugapova accessories to sell.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #1688
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta love those thread titles at GM: "BOMBSHELL - Pova watched USO final."......Sensational, ain't it? Who would have thought that a professional tennis player would watch tennis? Shocking!
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #1689
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

TBH I was happily surprised she tweeted that obviously teasing everyone about what her feelings towards Serena and Vika I really don't know what I'd give to have been in that room with her watching the final
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #1690
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Watching rally after rally make me feel sick. Especially in ATP
They make good points, but how many shot to make one good point??
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #1691
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Actually, Novak is playing quite aggressive, but it's just Rafa defends so well. That's why they have many long rallies.
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #1692
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Nole has been 90% flop this year.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #1693
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
OT, but did people actually think until recently that Maria and Serena were "friendly" off court? I always thought people were just joking because of the infamous "Maria should ask Serena out on a date" thread.

They've always despised eachother. I remember on the BBC's Wimbledon coverage a few years ago, they interviewed the owner of one of the most popular restaurants in Wimbledon village, and they said that if Serena and her entourage ever came in and saw Maria was eating in there, they'd immediately leave

ETA:
Found it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7491025.stm
From 3:00. "The Williams sisters and Sharapova...if Sharapova's in, they don't come in, but when she gets knocked out, they then appear"
She was way too fake-nice after the FO final this year to ever give the illusion she actually likes Maria .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #1694
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

That's really the only problem I have with Serena: her phoniness. I get that you can hardly ever directly say what you feel as an athlete, particularly in a non-team sport. But her fakery is so damn obvious it's almost comic. I appreciate that Maria is as honest as she can be.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #1695
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Fucking pathetic from Novak. So mad right now.

The hate towards Maria from the Serena/Azarenka fans in GM is ridiculous. Especially considering the two of them just played a slam final and Maria wasn't even in the tournament.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread