The SS Dementieva, New Horizons - Page 72 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #1066
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementievaRules View Post
That's right. And their match in Wimbledon SF in 2009 probably hasn't been eclipsed in the years since for quality and drama.

We'll never know what epic matches would have taken place if Elena stuck around a couple more years.
I used to mock Serena for how she pretends to be such a holy-and-religious J.W. who doesn't celebrate b-days--and yet she'll threaten to murder a lineswoman for looking at her the wrong way......but I've gotten used to it now so it wouldn't bother me at all if she won RG again.What DOES bother me,just a little, is that Elena retired from tennis under the premise of her first foray into motherhood......and she hasn't re-produced her superior DNA to make any Lena Jrs. as of yet

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #1067
country flag Maca.Lofish

Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I used to mock Serena for how she pretends to be such a holy-and-religious J.W. who doesn't celebrate b-days--and yet she'll threaten to murder a lineswoman for looking at her the wrong way......but I've gotten used to it now so it wouldn't bother me at all if she won RG again.What DOES bother me,just a little, is that Elena retired from tennis under the premise of her first foray into motherhood......and she hasn't re-produced her superior DNA to make any Lena Jrs. as of yet
I think the same!!
Veronika Afinogenova
The next olympic champion

Maca.Lofish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:23 AM   #1068
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Well, 'little Elena' won her 2nd career singles title today, and her first Premier, on the heels of a Grand Slam doubles crown in Paris. I never heard much from "T.O.E." back when our BGO Elena was playing, but at least one of the posters here was a huge fan, and pretty much everyone spoke well of Elena V. What really struck me these last couple days was how charming, natural and relaxed she sounded in her post-match comments, in stark contrast with her 1st-round victim who is one of the phoniest, almost puke-worthy Gal Smileys in women's sports history.'Li'l Elena' did everyone a favor by taking out that garbage so early in the tourney.

Anyway, it made me nostalgic to see an Elena doing well on the WTA circuit again.Even if it wasn't our BGO, it was someone in good standing with her and the SSD staff, and that brought back even more memories of our unforgettable Queen

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #1069
country flag bruce goose

No outstanding, unresolved conflict between Elena and our current Wimby champion...right??

Old Jul 11th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #1070
country flag Alenyaa

Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I know of, oly lost to her once but settled that one pretty quickly.

Jelena Dokic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Caroline Wozniacki
Daniela Hantuchova, Gisela Dulko, Julia Görges

Former Training Accommodation Manager aboard the SS Dementieva
Now discovering New Horizons...
Alenyaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #1071
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenyaa View Post
Not that I know of, oly lost to her once but settled that one pretty quickly.
Thanks for the input, Mikey; I think that it normally takes a lot more than that for our BGO to hold a grudge against another player.

During Elena's days as an active player, Cap'n Ross would frequently make comments about gals whose weight he considered excessive, so I was sort of expecting some subtle, non-bannable insult about our Wimby champion....Then again, I imagine that Cap'n is quite pleased that Jehovah's Referee Killer Witness didn't win at SW19 again, so maybe everything's all right

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #1072
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

Welllll, Bartoli could never be acused of having Elenas Magnificent Physique but then who can...

Not aware of any bad blood between the two of them.

Was hoping we coulda had Lisicki over on board as the Champ as she did so well beating the world number one and number 4 plus other good players on the way to the final whereas Bartoli just had to eat cake and stay in there, but alas, the blondie simply collapsed like an Ikea wardbrobe under the pressure...... all sounds quite familiar don't it!!

Anyways Bartolis ok.... good to see a new winner...

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #1073
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator View Post
Welllll, Bartoli could never be acused of having Elenas Magnificent Physique but then who can...

Not aware of any bad blood between the two of them.

Was hoping we coulda had Lisicki over on board as the Champ as she did so well beating the world number one and number 4 plus other good players on the way to the final whereas Bartoli just had to eat cake and stay in there, but alas, the blondie simply collapsed like an Ikea wardbrobe under the pressure...... all sounds quite familiar don't it!!

Anyways Bartolis ok.... good to see a new winner...
Lisicki is lovely on the outside but there's a real phony, painted-on quality to her smile. Calling her "German Ana I." would probably sum it up best

For personal reasons, I'm glad that Marion hasn't drawn your ire at all and, by the way, her pre-eminence in my sig is only temporary.I'll move Elena back to the headline in a couple weeks when we have legit tourneys again....Which reminds me of another reason why it's good that Marion doesn't provoke the same sentiments in you that Sveta has brought about.It was a bit uncomfortable for us to explain your unscheduled, temporary absence to a perturbed Lena during one of her more demanding moods

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 01:31 PM   #1074
country flag bruce goose

Activity's been a little light on board lately; I hope that the food service provider hasn't been taking an extended vacation...you know, just in case Elena starts getting a bit demanding

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 07:33 PM   #1075

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

Elena is always demanding.... nothing new there.

Old Sep 8th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #1076
country flag bruce goose

....And yet Elena's always so lovely, feminine and graceful whenever she's smacking Mikey around, isn't she?

Old Sep 8th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #1077

She does manage to do it so beautifully, yes.

Old Sep 8th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #1078

As from tomorrow will be on my usual sabbatical to the You Ess so, everyone needs to behave, haven't chosen a tempory captain, you can choose amongst yourselves.

Just make sure Lena doesn't wreck everything...

Old Sep 8th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #1079
country flag Maca.Lofish

Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future

Have fun Captain!
Veronika Afinogenova
The next olympic champion

Maca.Lofish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #1080
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maca.Lofish View Post
Have fun Captain!
I echo the sentiments but, since you're here, maybe YOU should be temporary Cap this year. As you are essential personnel, Elena might be far less inclined to inflict damage upon you than she would be with many others