Ana Ivanovic Videos thread - Page 156 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #2326
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltossovic View Post
She played so well

Her FH was 2007 level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
If she could get a bit of muscles and increase stamina, it would be better than it was at her peak. It is more stable than it was, she can do whatever she wants with it without going for her fastest or flattest forehand. Her movement is better also and she has more variety. But her serve will never be on the level it was and that's IMO a huge reason why her confidence is that low. IMO, she should accept that her serve will never be the same, but she also needs to realize that it's still a good serve. No reason to panic like that.
I don't think it was peak level FH AT ALL. Sure, it was a big FH day, just because Ana walked into the match with an aggressive mindset.. which she had not done in all of her time with Nigel.. so she mostly went for her FHs.. tough by end of the 3rd set she was already taking some out of it, hitting it slower.. maybe due to fitness. Ana's peak FH had more weight of shot though. She was hitting laser like in the first set, but that's more speed than weight. Ana's peak FH had more weight than speed, which made it that much harder for the opponent to do anything with it. Now Ana can have a few big FHs that the opponent can still return with interest.

But yes, her FH is still world class when she goes into matches with an aggressive mindset.. its still super difficult to read, which is why Vika got wrong footed so many times.

I do agree that her serve is the biggest difference and what may prevent Ana from ever doing really well again. Ana used to have a world class serve and she took a lot of her confidence from that. Now, she has a good 1st serve with a pathetic 2nd serve. So if she is hitting 1st serves, its fine.. its still a pretty good serve, though not even a shadow of what it once was.. but if her percentage drops, her 2nd serve is completely unreliable.. its attackable, it has no variation, its slow.. and she just doesn't trust it, which spills into her game. I do think that her mentality issues directly affect the serve, more than anything and before anything.. so the moment mind goes, 1st serve goes as well.. and then she has to play on her 2nd serve, which is just not good at all. I think she accepts her current serve, but her mind is already gone and panicking and the 1st serve being gone is a sympton of that.

I would have to disagree on the movement.. 2008 Ana and late 2010 Ana were 10 times faster than right now. And one thing this match against Vika, and the one before against McHale showed is how much trouble Ana is having with transition game, with moving foward.. Vika was made to look like drop shot queen by Ana.. and some of those drop shots werent that good. Ana moves ok from side to side, but her movement up to the net is horrible. I'm not even going to talk about her actual net game.. that was tragic, and I miss the old 2008 days when she won Linz on net game alone.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #2327
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I don't think it was peak level FH AT ALL. Sure, it was a big FH day, just because Ana walked into the match with an aggressive mindset.. which she had not done in all of her time with Nigel.. so she mostly went for her FHs.. tough by end of the 3rd set she was already taking some out of it, hitting it slower.. maybe due to fitness. Ana's peak FH had more weight of shot though. She was hitting laser like in the first set, but that's more speed than weight. Ana's peak FH had more weight than speed, which made it that much harder for the opponent to do anything with it. Now Ana can have a few big FHs that the opponent can still return with interest.

But yes, her FH is still world class when she goes into matches with an aggressive mindset.. its still super difficult to read, which is why Vika got wrong footed so many times.
Well, I'm saying also that she needs to be aggressive, but it's more stable than it was, I like it. She still can hit plenty of winners, go for amazing angles without going for too much. TL23 mentioned 2007, in those times I feel like her serve was even a bit better than forehand. And the forehand was too erratic back then. I think that when she's aggressive, but calmed, her point construction with forehand is actually better than it was during her teenage years, when she was hitting it as hard as possible. But that's such a normal thing for a young player. Adding some muscles and getting fitter would do a miracle. It would be a lot easier to hit heavier and deeper on a consistent level during a long match against quality opposition. If she could do that, it would be the best fh after Graf's definitely, it's a killer shot even as it is.

Quote:
I do agree that her serve is the biggest difference and what may prevent Ana from ever doing really well again. Ana used to have a world class serve and she took a lot of her confidence from that. Now, she has a good 1st serve with a pathetic 2nd serve. So if she is hitting 1st serves, its fine.. its still a pretty good serve, though not even a shadow of what it once was.. but if her percentage drops, her 2nd serve is completely unreliable.. its attackable, it has no variation, its slow.. and she just doesn't trust it, which spills into her game. I do think that her mentality issues directly affect the serve, more than anything and before anything.. so the moment mind goes, 1st serve goes as well.. and then she has to play on her 2nd serve, which is just not good at all. I think she accepts her current serve, but her mind is already gone and panicking and the 1st serve being gone is a sympton of that.
I don't know what can be done with that 2nd serve. It's like Aga's. Sometimes she hits a good slice serve, but, for whatever reason, that's rare.

Quote:
I would have to disagree on the movement.. 2008 Ana and late 2010 Ana were 10 times faster than right now. And one thing this match against Vika, and the one before against McHale showed is how much trouble Ana is having with transition game, with moving foward.. Vika was made to look like drop shot queen by Ana.. and some of those drop shots werent that good. Ana moves ok from side to side, but her movement up to the net is horrible. I'm not even going to talk about her actual net game.. that was tragic, and I miss the old 2008 days when she won Linz on net game alone.
I agree about moving forward. I'm usually on the edge of my seat when someone hits a drop shot against her, so I didn't even take a good look. I can't tell if she's too slow when moving forward or she starts moving forward when it's already too late. She has a potential to have pretty good net skills, I'm not sure what's her problem. Maybe the thing that Ben said, perhaps she doesn't work on her volleys atm. Just remember the matches against Kvitova in FC, Pironkova in USO, Woz in IW, even Sam in Moscow... So many good volleys and drop shots. How did that disappear?
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #2328
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I'm saying also that she needs to be aggressive, but it's more stable than it was, I like it. She still can hit plenty of winners, go for amazing angles without going for too much. TL23 mentioned 2007, in those times I feel like her serve was even a bit better than forehand. And the forehand was too erratic back then. I think that when she's aggressive, but calmed, her point construction with forehand is actually better than it was during her teenage years, when she was hitting it as hard as possible. But that's such a normal thing for a young player. Adding some muscles and getting fitter would do a miracle. It would be a lot easier to hit heavier and deeper on a consistent level during a long match against quality opposition. If she could do that, it would be the best fh after Graf's definitely, it's a killer shot even as it is.
Mmmm.. I'm not sure about now being more stable than 2007. I think Ana's FH in 2007 was really stable and heavy/powerful. Its no coincidence it was her best year as a whole on tour. I think in the match against Vika, Ana mostly hit her FH really well.. though by end of the 3rd set it had lost some punch. But that's one match.. and Ana still made more errors than winners. I do agree that adding muscles would help her hit heavier and hit big during the entire match.

Now I do hope Ana follows this with continuity.. keeps going with the aggressive mindset into matches and keeps going for her FH.. the more she does this, the better she will hit, the less erractic it will be. Lets see if there is any sense of continuity regarding that in her next few tournaments.. I'm actually curious about that.

Quote:
I don't know what can be done with that 2nd serve. It's like Aga's. Sometimes she hits a good slice serve, but, for whatever reason, that's rare.
I'm not sure what can be done about the 2nd serve either.. but something needs to be done.. its too much of a liability.. and while players like Aga can move fast to get the return of the 2nd serve back with interest, Ana just goes into disadvantage in the point straight away.

Quote:
I agree about moving forward. I'm usually on the edge of my seat when someone hits a drop shot against her, so I didn't even take a good look. I can't tell if she's too slow when moving forward or she starts moving forward when it's already too late. She has a potential to have pretty good net skills, I'm not sure what's her problem. Maybe the thing that Ben said, perhaps she doesn't work on her volleys atm. Just remember the matches against Kvitova in FC, Pironkova in USO, Woz in IW, even Sam in Moscow... So many good volleys and drop shots. How did that disappear?
That's a good question.. Ana can have a great net game.. but lately its been abysmal.. not only the volleys are horrible, she has no anticipation at the net. I wonder what happened..

As for moving fowards, it was a combination of all.. Ana was slow, moved like a baby elephant (uncordinated legs ), and was late to sprint.

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #2329
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about the 2nd serve. She can't hit a good kicker. Hitting it almost like a 1st serve... 15 dfs in every match.
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #2330
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I don't know about the 2nd serve. She can't hit a good kicker. Hitting it almost like a 1st serve... 15 dfs in every match.
Tragic.. I dont know either..

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #2331
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Okay it took me all day to make this but so here it is

Ana Ivanovic vs. Jelena Jankovic 2008 French Open SF Highlights

Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #2332
country flag Balltossovic
Excitement Control Officer of Anapolis

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Cool! Thanks!

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #2333
country flag gaviotabr

Nice Harry! One of my favorite matches!

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #2334
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Harry

One of Ana's best matches ever I still remember how I felt after this win

* P. Kvitova * J. Janković *
* M. Sharapova * A. Krunić * V. Williams *
* M. Hingis * N. Vaidišova *
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #2335
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another one of my favourite Ana matches. Just made it.

Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 04:30 AM   #2336
country flag wakefield10

wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light

does anyone know where I can get Ana's Linz 2008 SF against Radwanska? There are some links in this thread but obviously megaupload is gone now
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #2337
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefield10 View Post
does anyone know where I can get Ana's Linz 2008 SF against Radwanska? There are some links in this thread but obviously megaupload is gone now
Enjoy

* P. Kvitova * J. Janković *
* M. Sharapova * A. Krunić * V. Williams *
* M. Hingis * N. Vaidišova *
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #2338
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan. View Post
Enjoy

What a match by Ana. She WAS WAY A BETTER PLAYER BACK THEN. I've never realized that she was this good. I became a fan of her just only last October 2012. That ball toss and serve Where is it? I thought she was going to lose, she was kinda struggling through out the 2nd and 3rd set. But she handled it out well. Where is that vintage Ana were looking for like the one in 2008?

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up)
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014
Ana Ivanovic forever
Christina McHale || Alize Cornet || Mona Barthel || Maria Sharapova || Jelena Jankovic
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #2339
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwonder24 View Post
What a match by Ana. She WAS WAY A BETTER PLAYER BACK THEN. I've never realized that she was this good. I became a fan of her just only last October 2012. That ball toss and serve Where is it? I thought she was going to lose, she was kinda struggling through out the 2nd and 3rd set. But she handled it out well. Where is that vintage Ana were looking for like the one in 2008?
OMG really? You became a fan in 2012? You need to do some serious watching of 2007 and 2008 matches. Ana used to be brilliant.. now she has flashes every now and then but she isn't even a shadow of her former self. Take a look at the following matches:

2006 Montreal final vs Hingis.
2007 RG SF vs Sharapova.
2007 Stuttgart 1st round vs Schnyder.
2008 AO 3rd round vs Srebotnik.
2008 IW Final vs Kuznetsova.
2008 RG 2nd round vs Safarova.

That was top Ana.

And for some highly competitive exciting high quality matches:

2007 Berlin final vs Kuznetsova.
2007 Wimbledon QF vs Vaidisova.
2007 LA SF vs Jankovic.
2008 AO SF vs Hantuchova.
2008 RG SF vs Jankovic.

Just to name a few.. you will see how special Ana once was as a tennis player.

Old Sep 15th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #2340
country flag wakefield10

wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light wakefield10 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan. View Post
Enjoy

ah thanks, do you know if there is a full match video? Does anyone have a referral code for t3nnis.tv, please?