Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 340 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 04:18 AM   #5086
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Something is very wrong. She went from consistently good to consistently weak.
The disturbing part is that there are no positive changes.
Right now is as bad as ever. Hardcourt, racket, draw, nothing matters anymore.
She doesnt get thru draws. She used to almost always get deep into draws.

She should have been dealing with this since early 2012.
Her game is weak in every aspect now.
The only new thing we've seen since she was a good player is Rory.

So, I dont think its wild to say this relationship has been terrible for her game.
She should have had a full time coach a long time ago. What is she waiting for?
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 04:31 AM   #5087
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Although the credit/blame for whatever she's doing is on Caro.
But having Rory around has coincided with her career going into the sewer.
The level of play on the tour isnt good. I dont buy that everyone improved or figured her out.
She's gotten a lot worse. She used to beat Pennetta all the time, and Flavia at age 31 is in the semis from her quarter

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #5088
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Something is very wrong. She went from consistently good to consistently weak.
The disturbing part is that there are no positive changes.
Right now is as bad as ever. Hardcourt, racket, draw, nothing matters anymore.
She doesnt get thru draws. She used to almost always get deep into draws.

She should have been dealing with this since early 2012.
Her game is weak in every aspect now.
The only new thing we've seen since she was a good player is Rory.

So, I dont think its wild to say this relationship has been terrible for her game.
She should have had a full time coach a long time ago. What is she waiting for?
Well, I already said 18 months ago that it was high time to take action and that it might already be too late in fact. But I hardly think we can blame Rory for her coaching situation. And yes, IF she's serious about getting a new coach, what is she waiting for? The time to do it is NOW. In fact the time to do it was two years ago. If he would want to make some changes to Caro's game it will take some time (and probably a long time) before she feels comfortable with them. She may as well start now or she will waste most of 2014 as well while she's experimenting and trying out new things. Not that I expect anything drastic though. Instead of trying to rebuild Caro from the ground up I expect him to try and improve Caro's game the way it is 1% at the time.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #5089
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I already said 18 months ago that it was high time to take action and that it might already be too late in fact. But I hardly think we can blame Rory for her coaching situation. And yes, IF she's serious about getting a new coach, what is she waiting for? The time to do it is NOW. In fact the time to do it was two years ago. If he would want to make some changes to Caro's game it will take some time (and probably a long time) before she feels comfortable with them. She may as well start now or she will waste most of 2014 as well while she's experimenting and trying out new things. Not that I expect anything drastic though. Instead of trying to rebuild Caro from the ground up I expect him to try and improve Caro's game the way it is 1% at the time.
its a tough situation because she is trying hard, but her game is getting worse.
My 2 possible reasons for the decline were: 1 - lack of motivation once she lost #1, or 2 - trying to be more aggressive on her forehand side and making too many errors.
But this last match her forehand broke down without trying to be aggressive and she was trying very hard. So maybe its just her game is getting worse.
That would mean, what? Hire a coach and hope he can turn things around, or make changes and hope they work.
Either way, its already 2 years gone by and her last match devolved into one of the worst I've seen her play.

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #5090
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
its a tough situation because she is trying hard, but her game is getting worse.
My 2 possible reasons for the decline were: 1 - lack of motivation once she lost #1, or 2 - trying to be more aggressive on her forehand side and making too many errors.
But this last match her forehand broke down without trying to be aggressive and she was trying very hard. So maybe its just her game is getting worse.
That would mean, what? Hire a coach and hope he can turn things around, or make changes and hope they work.
Either way, its already 2 years gone by and her last match devolved into one of the worst I've seen her play.
I think it's 2 because she started slapping her forehand while she was still number one. She let the critics get to her who said she would never win a major with her defensive game. By the time she had figured out that her forehand would never be the weapon she had wanted it to be she had lost all confidence in the stroke and struggled with it eversince.

Just guessing of course, but that's the way it COULD be.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #5091
country flag goldenlox

I dont know why Caroline's game went backwards, but a lot of players also regressed.
This summer, whether its Wimbledon or Cibulkova winning a title or Cirstea in a premier 5 final, or Pennetta in US Open semis, there are a lot of open draws.
Part of it is players like Wozniacki playing such weak tennis. Errani, Kvitova also. Kerber also. Many others

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #5092
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it's 2 because she started slapping her forehand while she was still number one. She let the critics get to her who said she would never win a major with her defensive game. By the time she had figured out that her forehand would never be the weapon she had wanted it to be she had lost all confidence in the stroke and struggled with it eversince.

Just guessing of course, but that's the way it COULD be.
And she switched to a raquet built for more spin at the same time...

Personnaly I see lots of positives recently. I have no doubts she will regain some stability and start winning tournaments again. I'd be blind not to.

I lost a lot of respect for the idiots criticising her power back in the day... A look at her us Open 2010 vs Shugarova, she was painting the basline and going toe to toe. It was aparant then that a lot of fools just didn't understand the strengths of her game and it's simple beauty. Kind of like the 'Moneyball' game of the time, vindicated by the frequency she got to first base.
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #5093
country flag goldenlox

To me, the criticism never meant anything.
At her level of winning, where you are #1 by 3000 points and holding 9 titles, people expect you to win the biggest titles also.
So naturally there is some criticism when you are #1 for 2 years or so and have not won a major.
You tell the media you are 21 and trying to win majors, but everyone can see the days of teens dominating majors is over

But those days are long gone. #1 seems like some dream now. Its amazing she was ever there. Very similar to jankovic and Ivanovic. 3 of them cant win any title and always underachieve at majors now

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #5094
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
And she switched to a raquet built for more spin at the same time...

Personnaly I see lots of positives recently. I have no doubts she will regain some stability and start winning tournaments again. I'd be blind not to.

I lost a lot of respect for the idiots criticising her power back in the day... A look at her us Open 2010 vs Shugarova, she was painting the basline and going toe to toe. It was aparant then that a lot of fools just didn't understand the strengths of her game and it's simple beauty. Kind of like the 'Moneyball' game of the time, vindicated by the frequency she got to first base.
But unfortunately Caroline took them seriously. And it's easy enough to understand why she must have started having some doubts about her game. Not because of what some fruitcakes were saying on tennis forums like this one or the social media. But when all time greats such as Navratilova, Evert, Hingis, Davenport and so on all join in saying basically the same things it's only normal that she must have thought, "maybe they have a point." But you've got to work with what you've got. She will never have Serena's serve, Graf's forehand or Navratilova's volleying skills. But if she had stayed true to herself and continued to do what she does well chances are that that slam title would have come eventually. She's won premier mandatorys and premier 5's. If you can win those you can also win a major because despite what anyone might say a slam is just a premier mandatory that is played before a bigger audience - same opponents, same best of three sets format. Naysayers will say that the pressure at slams is bigger. Ok, well, that's to Caroline's advantage because 2009-2011 Caro was mentally one of the toughest cookies out there. Naysayers will say that players try harder at slams. BS - which player would think "I better tank here because it's "only" Indian Wells"?

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #5095
country flag goldenlox

Petra Kvitova had the other kind of pressure. After she won a major, some commentators said she could win 10 of them. That she's the next superstar Thats just more prattle.

The players shouldn't be paying attention to any of it.
If you are fortunate to be successful, you try to keep being successful.
Both Caroline & Petra have failed at that. Most players who have short term success dont stay at the top.
But criticism or huge expectations is not an excuse. Its nothing. Comes with success & fame

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #5096
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But unfortunately Caroline took them seriously. And it's easy enough to understand why she must have started having some doubts about her game. Not because of what some fruitcakes were saying on tennis forums like this one or the social media. But when all time greats such as Navratilova, Evert, Hingis, Davenport and so on all join in saying basically the same things it's only normal that she must have thought, "maybe they have a point." But you've got to work with what you've got. She will never have Serena's serve, Graf's forehand or Navratilova's volleying skills. But if she had stayed true to herself and continued to do what she does well chances are that that slam title would have come eventually. She's won premier mandatorys and premier 5's. If you can win those you can also win a major because despite what anyone might say a slam is just a premier mandatory that is played before a bigger audience - same opponents, same best of three sets format. Naysayers will say that the pressure at slams is bigger. Ok, well, that's to Caroline's advantage because 2009-2011 Caro was mentally one of the toughest cookies out there. Naysayers will say that players try harder at slams. BS - which player would think "I better tank here because it's "only" Indian Wells"?
It's not so much tanking. It's about being in prime condition. A lot of top players will go into the big tour events under prepared, not put in full effort, there are countless examples of this. There is a lot of aiming to peak at grand slams. They might go into a Tier I with only a week or two's practice (the calendar lends itself to this), they'd never do that at a grand slam unless they had been injured. A lot of tier I's are back to back too, which leads itself to even more not applying full effort tactics. The top players are also a lot more likely to withdraw from a tour event as a precaution etc., so you get a lot more depleted, open draws than you would get at a major.

The pressure is a different kind of pressure. You don't really have much inbuilt pressure in a Tier I of this would change my career. Yet you see countless mental meltdowns at the latter end of majors where the pressure become too much. In fact you just saw one last major. Caro had this even worse too, because she couldn't avoid the question of "when are you going to win a major?" That's the question the entire world media continually asked her, so it's always going to be playing on your mind. We've seen this question get to many over recent years. This is the shortfall of being number 1, just because Radwanska is number 4, means she gets a whole lot less questions and spotlight. But even then she falls into the same boat of struggles a lot to bring her best tennis to a grand slam. It's tough for these players because the media are never satisfied, they always want to know how you can go one better.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #5097
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light

Caro oh Caro, she puts more time dating Rory… We all know that if we don’t put any dedication with what you do; you will never achieve what you are aiming for especially when it comes to tennis. It requires 101% hard work and commitment. I truly love Caro because basically I support the underdogs and players being underestimated by the media. But as the matches goes by I lose my desire and hope for her. Now, I am more interested of the oldies (Li Na, Penetta, Hantuchova) they are such a good role model. They always strive so hard to improve. Unlike Caro…she’s busier with her love life and so COMPLACENT WITH HER VERY POOR FORM. VERY POOR.. SOOOO POOR…UNDENIABLY POOR GAME…I am starting to believe the bashers and critics of Caro…She will never win a Grand Slam.
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #5098
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Hingis View Post
…I am starting to believe the bashers and critics of Caro…She will never win a Grand Slam.
Yeah, her level of play and not having the ability to close out matches makes it look like she will never win a major.

Its too bad, because draws are wide open.
Vika just played Ivanovic, Hantuchova, Pennetta. This was the first time Ana won a set at a major aginst a top 10 player in years, or some stat similar to that.
Dani couldnt win a round 1 match at several majors. Flavia had never been to semi before.
This could be a draw at any Tier III. If that was Caro's draw to the Lux final, it would be average for a Tier III
Same with Bartoli at the last major: Knapp, Stephens, Flipkens. If Vesnina beat those 3 at Hobart, no one would think twice about it.

But you still have to get thru draws. If you fold against qualifiers, you are far away from contention. Caro could not win a title all year. And if she beat q, Scheepers, q, those 3 wins wuld tie for her 2nd best tournament all year. She won 4 matches once all year

Old Sep 8th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #5099
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Hingis View Post
Caro oh Caro, she puts more time dating Rory… We all know that if we don’t put any dedication with what you do; you will never achieve what you are aiming for especially when it comes to tennis. It requires 101% hard work and commitment. I truly love Caro because basically I support the underdogs and players being underestimated by the media. But as the matches goes by I lose my desire and hope for her. Now, I am more interested of the oldies (Li Na, Penetta, Hantuchova) they are such a good role model. They always strive so hard to improve. Unlike Caro…she’s busier with her love life and so COMPLACENT WITH HER VERY POOR FORM. VERY POOR.. SOOOO POOR…UNDENIABLY POOR GAME…I am starting to believe the bashers and critics of Caro…She will never win a Grand Slam.
I never took it for granted that she would win a slam even when she was #1. But you seem to think that she's not even trying or working hard. Just look a her body. She's in great shape. You don't get too look like that if you don't put in the work. And if you can root for Penetta and Hantuchova you can also root for Caro because I don't think it's very likely that they will win a slam either. As for her dating Rory, well, she's a young woman and she's in love. Nothing wrong with that. If she was dating Rory Smith instead of Rory McIllroy nobody would have a problem with it.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Sep 8th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #5100
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

I really can't wait too find out who they planned to pick to replace her father as her new coach
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread