Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 105 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:57 PM   #1561
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Purchasing my Indian Wells tickets soon!

Hopefully Maria is healthy by then
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #1562
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute

VIP is the definition of headcase. I watched her first set yesterday playing pretty decent but you just know that she'll let it slip away in 3 once she fails to serve out the set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I wouldn't like to see him go either. I just think that it can't be avoided if he doesn't improve because I think that his current level is not acceptable to him. So let's hope for the best and some good results for the rest of the year. I think that he played very well in the first three rounds - almost like the Federer of old in fact. But as soon as someone was able to challenge him he lost it mentally. I've never seen him choke this much in his entire career, and definitely not against a player of Robredo's level. I was shocked. Not so much because he lost but because he panicked so badly.
That's what I'm hopeful about, that Fed knows that he's still capable of playing top level tennis physically. Although the mental aspect may be harder to work on, but at least the body is not betraying him (yet) and preventing him from playing well. Hopefully this realisation will power him through 2014, maybe even starting some small tournaments in the fall to notch up wins to gain confidence.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #1563
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

FLAVIA!!!!!! I'm so happy
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #1564
country flag Fiercepova
WG

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I'm happy for her too, especially after all those USO QF losses. Also, thanks to her, Empress is officially back into the top 10
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #1565
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

I'm very happy for Flavia as well. She used to be my second fave after Masha and I had pics of both on the wall in my room.
I still like her very much, and this SF is well deserved. Hopefully she makes F, which is possible.

But idiots in the GM about Sharapova's absence.
I know that makes no sense to argue with them, but it's so annoying.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1566
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Flavia

Can't wait to see how she handles her first GS semi

Also, REALLY can't wait to watch Dani/Vika tonight . Please win some games, Daniela
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #1567
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Stan flicking away Andy isn't that surprising, but it is surprisingly it was in three fairly easy sets. I'm not really buying the idea that he couldn't get excited for the Open because he won Wimbledon. He's defending champion and is still hungry to get to number one and try to get closer to the Big Three's numbers. He just hasn't looked very good since Miami. He got ridiculously lucky at Wimbledon when Verdasco and Jerzy choked and he faced an exhausted Novak in the final. I'm not sure how much of it has to do with his back, but he can't continue to depend so much on his defense. Nadal and Novak have been playing a lot less defensive than Murray these last six months. He is too big and too injury prone to continue to play that style.

Last edited by Icky80 : Sep 5th, 2013 at 09:33 PM.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #1568
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Can I just say, the way Stan plays is a beautiful sight to behold

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #1569
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Can I just say, the way Stan plays is a beautiful sight to behold
Yes, I watched much of his match against Baghdatis and his backhand is just .

So strange seeing him and Gasquet in a GS semifinal though . Seems the WTA isn't alone these days with top players struggling with consistently making it far at big events.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #1570
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Stan has made my day. I just love the way he plays. What a shot maker. I love it when a shot maker plays well and sends a grinder packing. He seems like such a sweeitie as well.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #1571
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Stan flicking away Andy isn't that surprising, but it is surprisingly it was in three fairly easy sets. I'm not really buying the idea that he couldn't get excited for the Open because he won Wimbledon. He's defending champion and is still hungry to get to number one and try to get closer to the Big Three's numbers. He just hasn't looked very good since Miami. He got ridiculously lucky at Wimbledon when Verdasco and Jerzy choked and he faced an exhausted Novak in the final. I'm not sure how much of it has to do with his back, but he can't continue to depend so much on his defense. Nadal and Novak have been playing a lot less defensive than Murray these last six months. He is too big and too injury prone to continue to play that style.
It's possible though. Wimbledon was a huge burden on his shoulders and when he won it it may have had that, "Phew, I've done it" effect on him. Besides, we always tend to make a player just as good as the last match he or she played, but even the best players have their days when they can't seem to get going or their timing is off or something. Even the best painters can't come up with the prettiest picture everyday. And Wawrinka is someone who's always dangerous to any player, even the big four when they are playing well. He has beaten Murray at the USO in the past and he gave Djokovic a run for his money at the AO.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #1572
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Not because I have anything (anymore ) against Murray, but yeahhh STAAAAAAAAN THE MAAAAAAAAAAN
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #1573
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

I could buy the theory of him just not being able to get it up after his Wimbledon victory if he hadn't been playing so shifty since Miami. He hasn't had an impressive tournament since. He may have won Wimbledon, but it was a pretty forgettable, luck induced run. If the Murray we saw this summer continues to be the guy we see in 2014 he's gonna have a tough time staying in the top four yet alone thinking about getting to number one.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #1574
country flag Fiercepova
WG

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

STAN DA MAN!!! I really like Stan and Richard's 1-handed BHs So happy to see them finally have a big slam beating high-ranked players and show why they're in the top 10. About Andy, I think he has a game to play aggressive tennis, but he just chooses to play defensive and push 90% of the time.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #1575
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute

Wow how good was Vavrinka?
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread