What tennis racquet do you use? - Page 32 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #466
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
Liquid Metal 4. Is that bad?
It IS old, but old doesn't mean bad.

May the HAMMER smash the cross
Payam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 25th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #467
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

question: does modern racquet technology really make that much of a difference on a non-pro level?
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #468
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
question: does modern racquet technology really make that much of a difference on a non-pro level?
the technologies I wouldn't say as much as the specs.

were you asking for a reason in particular?
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #469
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Feet Under View Post
Been in love with The K-Factor Team, 104 head, Serena and Venus used it a few years ago. They've stopped making it and I can't by anymore replacements, plus I've been wanting to switch for a while.

Had a hit with the new Aero Pro Drive and I really like it, think I'm gonna switch.

BTW I can't play with a Prince racquet for the life of me.
I have a Wilson and a Prince, I forget what model the Wilson is, from memory it's a K90, and a Prince O3 red, and I can't play for shiiiit with the Wilson. It's weird how different they are to me now, when I first got them they felt pretty similar
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #470
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post

The short answer is: If you don't have an arm problem, NO.

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 01:52 PM   #471
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ya'll!

I just ordered the following demos:
  • Wilson Five BLX,
  • Volkl Organix 6,
  • Dunlop Biomimetic M6.0,
  • Prince EXO3 Warrior DB Team 100.

Has anyone played with any of them? If so, what are your thoughts?
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #472
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of

I have the new one!
It's a babolat e-sense

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #473
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Have it narrowed down to the Wilson Five BLX or the Dunlop Biomimetic M6.0. Will hit with them again this weekend. **fingers crossed**
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #474
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post

Just a caveat with the poly strings, if anyone's had elbow issues don't agree to trying a poly string until you've talked about it to the person selling/suggesting that string.

I go to http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com...ctor_2012.html and look through the strings to look at their stiffness ratings. At one point my tennis elbow was so bad that after 1 hour of play my hand would be numb and my serve would loose all power/feel to it. After several Grastons' treatments it is under control and I've started testing polys again. I've found that for me at tensions in the low 50's I can handle stiffness () in the 235 to 165 range of the polys. For doubles on my STEAM 105S, which has that ridic open 16X15 pattern, I have Goosen Polyquest (stiffness 235) ... for singles on my Pro Staff BLX 100 I have Head FXP Tour (stiffness 165) ... both are durable for the frames they're on and elbow soreness is minimal and gone once I'm down playing.

I didn't mean to ramble ... but tennis elbow (and golfer's elbow) truly suck the life out of one's game ... so I always like to raise the flag so ppl don't get hurt.
Stringing a poly at a lower tension is one option. Stringing it in hybrid with natural gut, or a forgiving synthetic or multifilament is another. Finding the right combination with the latter can offer the perfect balance of durability, comfort, control and power.

Of course, advice is only good if works for you, so everyone has to find their own optimal solution.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:48 AM   #475
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Yonex VCore 100s. For a couple of years now. Recently went from Babolat Gut 58 lbs to Luxilon 4G 47lbs with great success.

Tried out the pure drive to see if I could add more pop but it was disastrous. I couldn't control the pure drive strung with gut and didn't care enough to try another string.

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Hampton. Bouchard. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.
MMJSL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #476
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslmaverick View Post
I couldn't control the pure drive strung with gut and didn't care enough to try another string.
I've found that I like either Luxilon Alu Power or Solinco Tour Bite in the mains with this racquet, strung at 53, with Gosen OG Sheep Micro in the crosses at 57. That tends to yield a nice balance of power, comfort and control for me.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 11:53 PM   #477
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Time for an upgrade. Cant believe I'm leaving Yonex but I needed a slightly more forgiving racket than the Vcore 89.

Love the paint job

Wilson Six.One 95 (18x20)

Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 01:58 AM   #478
country flag Payam

I am not a big fan of the paint job of these new line of Wilson rackets, they seem to be directly copied from the Ncode series.

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 05:20 AM   #479
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam View Post
I am not a big fan of the paint job of these new line of Wilson rackets, they seem to be directly copied from the Ncode series.
Thats what I like about them

The only thing I dont like about Wilson is that they dont make any nice tennis bags.

Last edited by Andy. : Oct 24th, 2013 at 09:00 AM.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #480
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

i am still using the 88 sq inch prostaff....

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote