Simona Halep (România) - Page 358 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 09:48 AM   #5356
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Simona Halep (România)

Beijing, apparently.
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:22 AM   #5357
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

In Tokyo in 3 weeks
muusa is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:26 AM   #5358
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

isn't she playing Tokyo? I think she should, since she still has a chance for the YEC

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM   #5359

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

That's even better!
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM   #5360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
isn't she playing Tokyo? I think she should, since she still has a chance for the YEC
Not really. She's 15th in the race now (14th if you leave Bartoli out). Suarez Navarro & Ivanovic are behind her in the race, but are still competing in the US Open, so they can pass her.
Making semis here most likely would have bought her a ticket to the YEC, but I guess we'll just have to settle for Sofia this year and hope that she'll do better next year
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 06:40 PM   #5361
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Simona is down for Moscow too.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #5362
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

In May Aaron was afraid that Simona will be out of top 100 soon and I replied that maybe she needed such a thing to wake up her. Four months later we are upset because she lost a good opportunity to break top 10 . Strange thing a fan - he's never satisfied (like a wife ).

Last edited by grs : Sep 4th, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
grs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #5363
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Well it was a good tourny for her imo, Flavia was excellent in that match...Simona has so many great things ahead of her.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #5364
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: Simona Halep (România)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Not really. She's 15th in the race now (14th if you leave Bartoli out). Suarez Navarro & Ivanovic are behind her in the race, but are still competing in the US Open, so they can pass her.
Making semis here most likely would have bought her a ticket to the YEC, but I guess we'll just have to settle for Sofia this year and hope that she'll do better next year
There are 445 points between 15th place and 11th place (in the Race) . I would be extremely satisfied if she gets even 11th place (which is the 2nd Alternate - with Bartoli retired [better than Sofia even if she doesn't get points] ) like Bartoli was the 2nd alternate last year.

It's very very hard even to catch #11 but she has her chance to do it in the remaining 3-4 tournaments.

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Sep 4th, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #5365

After this USO the difference will be even smaller (12. Kerber - 2697, 13. Lisicki - 2692, 14. Wozniacki - 2658, 15. Halep - 2645), but there are a bunch of ladies currently ranked lower than Simona who will whore up every possible tournament from now on & will end up having a better ranking than her in the end.

Qualifying for the YEC would be great obviously, but I don't see this happening for her yet. My guess: Jankovic will be the last to qualify this year with Vinci & Sloane snatching those two alternates spots.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #5366
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

Let her grow , YEC is too much in this moment. Next year should be her best . All she need is to avoid injuries and we know she is 100% focused on tennis.
drg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #5367
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
In May Aaron was afraid that Simona will be out of top 100 soon and I replied that maybe she needed such a thing to wake up her. Four months later we are upset because she lost a good opportunity to break top 10 . Strange thing a fan - he's never satisfied (like a wife ).
Ha, ha, this is one of my favorite posts on this thread.
codrutc is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #5368
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Notice how Simona's schedule is slowly shifting towards that of the top players? She takes 3 weeks break after US Open and shows up in Tokyo a premier tournament, and Moskow after that. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes to China Open immediately after Tokyo. Does anybody know where the participation list for that one is?
codrutc is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #5369

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Notice how Simona's schedule is slowly shifting towards that of the top players? She takes 3 weeks break after US Open and shows up in Tokyo a premier tournament, and Moskow after that. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes to China Open immediately after Tokyo. Does anybody know where the participation list for that one is?
Ruzici was and still is in charge of her scheduling. But this top player schedule isn't someting new, she always had the tendency to skip the MM events and show up only at premier events and GS obviously (and I always said that she needs to play more International events in order to get some confidence). This year she made an exception with Nurnberg, 's-Hertogenbosch, Budapest and it proved to be a great decision, maybe the best she ever made after dumping Tomai, which remains her best decision ever.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #5370
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Simona's schedule for next year should look like something like this:

2 Prep events for the AO (shortened to 1 if she is going far in the opening tournament)
Australian Open
Paris
Doha
Dubai
Indian Wells
Miami
Clay MM
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Prep event on grass
Wimbledon
Montreal
Cincinnati
(New Haven) - depending on how good her year was up to that
US Open
Wuhan
Beijing
Linz
Moscow

She might enter another MM to at least secure Mini YEC again.

Thus said, you never know how things turn out, but this is a top player's schedule with enough room for spontaneity if things might turn out differently.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Sep 4th, 2013 at 06:51 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread