Anett Kontaveit - Page 139 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #2071
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Daria Mironova (RUS) d. (3)Anett Kontaveit (EST) 64 16 64
So much of top 250
That is embarassing
Thank God she didn't play US Open she is going to get destroyed next week in Podgorica unless she plays much much better
What saddens me more is the obvious mental weakness. I mean she comes off destroying her opponent and then loses a moderately close 3rd
Still, last time she lost 2nd Round of a 25K where she played Doubles she went on to win it Really disappointing in Singles though Still, 8 Points is something Defending Yoshkar-Ola should be the 1st thing on her mind next week

What's worse about this loss though was the complete waste of a draw

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #2072
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Looks like she's going downwards comparing to the previous year(s). This year has been quite a disaster, ironically even that Moscow win in spring was totally timed wrong as it ruined her RG.
We can only hope she somehow starts to bloom next year when she will be 18 and can play more tournaments. She needs more matchplay, not just 3 or 4 matches a month like it has been until now.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #2073
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Looks like she's going downwards comparing to the previous year(s). This year has been quite a disaster, ironically even that Moscow win in spring was totally timed wrong as it ruined her RG.
We can only hope she somehow starts to bloom next year when she will be 18 and can play more tournaments. She needs more matchplay, not just 3 or 4 matches a month like it has been until now.
It's because of her ridiculous scheduling. She never gets any flow except in Izmir which was actually really intelligent scheduling aside from the fact that the 1st was a 10K and she didn't play a 25K in the same week. She needs to play higher level tournaments but not ridiculously strong and just get some flow through small travel times and stuff. Like playing weaker tournaments in Belgium and the Netherlands or even Italy instead of 10Ks in Greece, Turkey and Britain. Like its good she's playing 25Ks and 2 in a row but she shouldn't have played Moscow/Podgorica Double because the difference in level is too big and they aren't close together but at least now if she does badly in Doubles she will get there early

I really hope she will come good soon What's sad is that she can play this shit and be this highly ranked with virtually no points to defend I hope she plays Lagos X 2 But she is only 17 and I am probably being too harsh

BTW, Anett's score disappeared off the scoreboard for Doubles so does anyone know if she won?

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #2074
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from Burnie SF and Moscow W, it has been quite a disappointing year. Last year she beat Bouchard, Duval and Vickery in 2 sets. They won a match at USO this year while Anett is still stuck where she was last year.
Catch up with them, girl
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #2075
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post

Apart from Burnie SF and Moscow W, it has been quite a disappointing year. Last year she beat Bouchard, Duval and Vickery in 2 sets. They won a match at USO this year while Anett is still stuck where she was last year.
Catch up with them, girl
OMG this
I think the coaching thing stuffed her up

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #2076
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold
yeah, maybe parting ways w tamla was not smart after all. at least she was progressing with märten. not sure about her current coach, i find him a bit old school. maybe i am being judgemental.

should anett go with silver k for change? silver's difficult personality aside, he clearly helped elevate kaia's performance. he's hanging out at tennis clubs all the time, don't think he has a serious coaching relationship w anyone right now.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #2077
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardball View Post
yeah, maybe parting ways w tamla was not smart after all. at least she was progressing with märten. not sure about her current coach, i find him a bit old school. maybe i am being judgemental.

should anett go with silver k for change? silver's difficult personality aside, he clearly helped elevate kaia's performance. he's hanging out at tennis clubs all the time, don't think he has a serious coaching relationship w anyone right now.

What exactly was this personality of Silver's... I think he could be very helpful for Anett as I thought he was great for Kaia all the way up to them parting I don't really get why she dumped Marten

I don't know if Anett won Doubles or not

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #2078
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Looks like they couldn't play their doubles match neither yesterday nor today because of rain.

We'll see if her team plans any changes after this unfortunate season. Why not try some other coach indeed, Silver or someone else (not that they have too many options if they consider natives only). Would be better to get some top coach from abroad, but even Kaia hasn't found anyone decent with her results (or maybe it's her own choice). Anett did pretty well at slams last year, surprising that nobody approached her.
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #2079
country flag chingching

Quote:
Looks like they couldn't play their doubles match neither yesterday nor today because of rain.

We'll see if her team plans any changes after this unfortunate season. Why not try some other coach indeed, Silver or someone else (not that they have too many options if they consider natives only). Would be better to get some top coach from abroad, but even Kaia hasn't found anyone decent with her results (or maybe it's her own choice). Anett did pretty well at slams last year, surprising that nobody approached her.
Perhaps she should steal Thomas Hogstedt I heard she was training a lot with Richard Allgurin at the end of last year and aside from Ellen I don't know of anyone he coaches...

I hope they lose Doubles now

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #2080
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Played R1 and QF today, won both
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #2081
country flag chingching

Quote:
Played R1 and QF today, won both
I thought they could beat top seeds
Win now

Unfortunately Anett didn't wnter ITF tournaments for the 23
I am worried as that week has over 5 tournaments 25K level or over so she really should be playing
Maybe she is going to play 25K Perth the week after

BTW, she got promoted to #6 seed for Podgorica so let's hope she can win Doubles in Moscow and get some confidence

Last edited by chingching : Sep 7th, 2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #2082
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Perhaps she should steal Thomas Hogstedt I heard she was training a lot with Richard Allgurin at the end of last year and aside from Ellen I don't know of anyone he coaches...

don't think she can afford hoegstedt. but maybe pant will drop kaia and cough up some serious cash to help anett break through?

don't know if they (anett and her crew) get along w silver, byt why not give it a try? or maybe kuhi? he's got a lot to w the academy and the promising juniors, but who knows.

hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #2083
country flag chingching

Quote:
don't think she can afford hoegstedt. but maybe pant will drop kaia and cough up some serious cash to help anett break through?

don't know if they (anett and her crew) get along w silver, byt why not give it a try? or maybe kuhi? he's got a lot to w the academy and the promising juniors, but who knows.

I was even thinking someone International but local like a coach in Finland or Sweden
How expensive would it be to get someone like Hogstedt BTW? And how much money do Anett's parents fork out a year
I think maybe if she went somewhere like Mouratoglou part time the competitive environment could really help her Although she bloomed on the ITF Tours when she started with Marten and stopped 6th Sense

BTW, won Doubles SF 1 and 4 against Vasylyeva/Khabibulina but is losing final with Ianchuk 6-3 3*-3 It seems like they've had a lot of opportunities

EDIT: Anett unfortunately lost the Doubles Final 6-3 6-4 They probably could have won given their opponents were 6/7 on BPs compared to their 3/11 Still, with the 34 Ranking Points her Doubles Ranking will go up to around 367 which gives her something Positive to take out of the week

She has been moved up to 6th seed in Podgorica so let's hop she can get an easy-ish 1st Round She still has the capability to rise as high as around 250 if she can win although that seems impossibly unlikely She will get to around 270 if she makes a QF which I think/hop/beg she will do

Last edited by chingching : Sep 7th, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #2084
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think even Kaia could afford Hogstedt now that he's got something to show for coaching Sharapova But doesn't Tallink aready support Anett along with Kanepi, Zopp and Ivanov.

Well, a tough year for Anett
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #2085
country flag muusa

Quote:
saw her practice y'day. she appeared somewhat edgy and at some point lost self-control a bit. not sure why.
Saw another comment about this in media saying that during her practice sessions last week Anett was mostly throwing her racket, arguing with the coach and making a grumpy face