*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 247 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #3691
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I have not really a clue what happened since I had to submit my dissertation today but I am freaking glad she didn't lose to Ivanovic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #3692
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina. View Post
I have not really a clue what happened since I had to submit my dissertation today but I am freaking glad she didn't lose to Ivanovic.
Congrats on the dissertation!

I wonder if Vika is jus out of rhythm. Ana, Cornet, and Wozniack all have funky groundies. I would think that Dani's pace will give her more rhythm. But she definitely needs to get over whatever is bothering her about her serve.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #3693
country flag Helaena

Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of

i braved myself to finish the whole match, i was quite nervy at some point but felt Vika could still really get a win, boy i was happy i did...it definitely was not a pretty performance from Vika, she needs a lot of improvement and she knows it for sure

i just can't understand where her game is now...i mean, she's getting more UEs than she used to and losing focus a lot more often...
i think she's still winning because of her mental strength right now, but it could only carry her so much, if she keeps on this form, she will eventually drain out...

is this Vika slumping? if this is her so-called "sophomore slump" then I can surely accept it though, hihihih
much better than the other top players' slump
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #3694
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I wouldn't call beating Serena for the second time in a year anything resembling a slump. Add to the fact she's only lost 4 matches all year. If she struggles to make slam SFs next year then that may be more indicative of a slump. Unfortunately, she's not going to play at AO 2012/Beijing 2012/Doha 2013 level in every single tournament.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #3695
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Wilander said something interesting there about how opponents approach Vika matches these days and that the book is out that under no circumstances can you allow her to dictate the rallies and that´s how Ana went about her business. It worked for one set. Try to take control of the rallies. Vika´s serve is the first and best opportunity. No point in putting it back in play and watch Vika take control and gradually wear you down.
This is interesting. The longer you're at the top the more videos other players and coaches will have to analyse. Apart from possibly Serena every player has distinct weaknesses and predictabilities, it can take a while for the best counter-plans to become well known, for example Wozniacki was number one for ages until people worked out you had to play a disciplined, patient game against her and not try to win points too early.

Of course trying to dictate the points against vika can lead to opponents bombing out spectacularly, and if vika is in top form (Beijing last year Bartoli and Sharapova went all out at her and got blown out) its very hard to do. In Vika's current form and playstyle its got a much better chance of succeeding.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #3696
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn´t look like the potential semifinal will be easy. I like Pennetta more as a player, but she has the game to give Vika problems unlike Vinci.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #3697
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I think the same too. Vinci would have been easier. But then if on the other side is a practice with LI NA..... Peneta played vika pretty tough in the past too.... Well lets not get ahead of ourselves. Could be hands full depending on what version of vika shows up tonight. And with her last two matches.... Patience is what we need.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #3698

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Doesn´t look like the potential semifinal will be easy. I like Pennetta more as a player, but she has the game to give Vika problems unlike Vinci.
I agree. Vika really needs to get through Dani convincingly, otherwise she's going to be relying on Flavia getting nervous or exhausted in a potential semifinal.
Vika and Flavia's games are pretty similar, though Vika's game as a whole is much more sound. It could be a fun match, only if Vika wins, of course.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #3699
country flag altheoaf

altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light

Just hoping Vika starts to play well- it would be nice to see a solid, boring win for a change. Good luck Vika!
altheoaf is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #3700
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Vika is back on concentration level. played solid, courtesy of dani's errors at the right time as well.

Everything was better except . 1. Her lapse in first game with a lot of errors . 2. Serving out, too conservative . Should have been a drive volley , didn't do enough and she screamed afterwards. Haha
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #3701
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, good match overall. Just about what she needed. If she can keep it up/improve even a little bit more she should be fine against Flavia but I don't wanna jinx it of course...
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #3702
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough match ahead against Pennetta. Hopefully Pennetta will be a bit nervous in her 1st slam semifinal. I´m happy she made it this far and it is overdue for somebody with her talent, but now it´s enough.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #3703

And haters still hatin'.
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #3704
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Best match from her in the tournament. Return of serve was ridiculously good. Daniela had no time at all after her serve.

Second set had its lapses, something to improve on.

And semi again in a grand slam. Almost always two weeks of tennis for her and us to follow.

Last edited by garwe : Sep 5th, 2013 at 03:21 AM.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #3705
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Vika

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread