Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig - Page 88 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #1306
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig

What a shame,it was closed

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
*Furlanetto*CostaMelgar*Forte*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #1307
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
My uso is over, see you all next year. LOL

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #1308
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
My uso is over, see you all next year. LOL

CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 02:07 AM   #1309
country flag swordfish

swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold

We would like to know if Boricua #1 was at Monica's match today. If so, we would greatly appreciate his comments and narrative of the match...Thank you for a reply...
swordfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #1310
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 03:43 AM   #1311
country flag Boricua #1
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
We would like to know if Boricua #1 was at Monica's match today. If so, we would greatly appreciate his comments and narrative of the match...Thank you for a reply...
I was there; just got home. It was a very tough match for Monica -- actually, for both players -- which lasted 2 hours and 36 minutes. The score was 6-4, 3-6, 7-5. It was a very difficult match for Monica partly because of Kleybanova’s power. She had 13 Aces, although she also had 9 double faults. Monica had 3 Aces and 5 double-faults. Monica had 3 winners, versus 13 for Kleybanova.

I was surprised with Kleybanova. She is a tall woman with a large frame, yet she moved pretty well. And she was able to stay toe-to-toe with Monica during the rallies, and for the most part was able to return Monica’s (strong) serves pretty well.

Monica fought her heart out. I was proud of her in defeat. She did not do well in the first set, but I was confident that she would bounce back, and she did. She dominated in the second set. She fell in the hole in the third set, though. The score got to 3-0, and it looked as if she might lose the match. But she fought back bravely, tying it to 3-3. Each player held serve until 5-5. These were very, very competitive games, that went to deuce many times. Kleybanova then held serve, 6-5. It looked as if Monica was going to take it to a tie breaker, but it was not meant to be. To me a key was a backhand she missed, hitting the net, which if I recall put the score at 0-30.

It was heart-breaking; a tough defeat to take. I was very proud of her, though. She did not go down without a fight.

Kleybanova was ranked 20 before her illness, and looked close to that in this match. She is a tough cookie. She was power, and returns the ball quite well. Her strokes are powerful and, for the most part, very close to the net. Also, she moves a lot better than I expected when I first saw her today.

Monica usually looks calm and collected, even during difficult moments of a match. But in this match she expressed more frustration than what is typical of her.

Last edited by Boricua #1 : Aug 27th, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Boricua #1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #1312
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

a tough loss but we can't blame Monica who apparently fought her heart out , nor Kleybanova cause she's an inspiration and that softens the deception of the 1R defeat

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #1313
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your report!

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #1314
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She lost first round in doubles with Beck against Mirza/Zheng 62 62

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #1315
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Official Monica Puig Results & Discussion Thread

Pica tweeted her post-USO schedule so far and it's the big Asian swing. She'll be playing: Guangzhou, Tokyo, Beijing, and Osaka!

#PICAPOWER
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #1316
country flag pregunta

pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light

what is next for monica

...MOLINERO...IRIGOYEN...
...DUARTE... PODOROSKA...
...PELLA...VEGA...

Veronica Cepede Paula Ormaechea Monica Puig
pregunta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #1317
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=33250769

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #1318
country flag pregunta

pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light

thanks.
but this is her official cheering thread
what it is other thread?
why two cheering thread?

...MOLINERO...IRIGOYEN...
...DUARTE... PODOROSKA...
...PELLA...VEGA...

Veronica Cepede Paula Ormaechea Monica Puig
pregunta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #1319
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

buena pregunta ..

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #1320
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

por que me dio la gana.

i wanted to keep a repository of her career info, I'll be done with my Masters next week, at which point I'll be devoting time to update all the fields and make it all nice and spiffy.