2013 US Open – Out of Top 10 - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 12:12 PM   #451
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US open sick Petra had no chance

Was she really sick?

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Pavly Halep
Slava Shvedova Belinda Bencic Genie Bouchard Garbine Muguruza Annika Beck
Bojana Jovanovski Ons Jabeur Sabine Lisicki Petra Martic Aravane Razai Stefanie Voegele
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 12:14 PM   #452
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
Was she really sick?
Did you even watch that match? I did and she didn't even played in some points of that match, I thought it was asthma and shit form, but I have no problem to believe that there was an illness as well, that's why she got bageled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 12:31 PM   #453
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I see. I didn't watch the match and I'm glad that I didn't.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Pavly Halep
Slava Shvedova Belinda Bencic Genie Bouchard Garbine Muguruza Annika Beck
Bojana Jovanovski Ons Jabeur Sabine Lisicki Petra Martic Aravane Razai Stefanie Voegele
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM   #454
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

I need to apologize for being so vehement about my disgust with Petra's loss and 2013 results. She's still a charming girl, and I wish her all the best. It is not like she owes us a great career.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM   #455
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
I need to apologize for being so vehement about my disgust with Petra's loss and 2013 results. She's still a charming girl, and I wish her all the best. It is not like she owes us a great career.
I think you don't need to apologize for being mad after such loss, it is understandable and it shows that you still care about her.
Quote:
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 01:25 PM   #456
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Just posted this in the GM 'Petra out of top 10 thread' - I think dropping just enough (+ helped by rise of Halep, etc) to miss YEC might be better for next season preparation. It seems she is lacking underlying stamina, and left open to illness when physically pushed. This new fitness coach Vseticek seems a lot more experienced than the 'unconventional' Bazja, whose methods don't seem to have worked - lets hope the new team addresses these problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
I actually hope Petra just misses out on the YEC too, because flying out there just to lose in the RR will be a big waste of time - better to stay in CZ and work towards next season with the new fitness coach.

If Jelena and Sloane lose today, I think Petra hangs on to 8th in the race, at least until a SF run by Simona or Roberta (either very possible) or perhaps Angie. But with Marion out (plus if Maria does not return by season end), Petra could yet stumble ass backwards into the top 8 by October. She might be competing with Caro in a 'least-shit autumn results' contest.

To misquote a gay Irishman, to crash out of one slam with a sicknote may be regarded as a misfortune; to pull a sickie again at a second looks like carelessness.

I hope the new fitness coach knows what he's doing, doesn't tolerate any self-pity & laziness, gets her properly prepared in the way she wasn't at the start of this year, and that she becomes an entertaining player to watch again. After all, enjoying watching these tennis matches is the main thing for us, not counting the ranking points.
pling is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM   #457
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
Just posted this in the GM 'Petra out of top 10 thread' - I think dropping just enough (+ helped by rise of Halep, etc) to miss YEC might be better for next season preparation. It seems she is lacking underlying stamina, and left open to illness when physically pushed. This new fitness coach Vseticek seems a lot more experienced than the 'unconventional' Bazja, whose methods don't seem to have worked - lets hope the new team addresses these problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pling
I actually hope Petra just misses out on the YEC too, because flying out there just to lose in the RR will be a big waste of time - better to stay in CZ and work towards next season with the new fitness coach.

If Jelena and Sloane lose today, I think Petra hangs on to 8th in the race, at least until a SF run by Simona or Roberta (either very possible) or perhaps Angie. But with Marion out (plus if Maria does not return by season end), Petra could yet stumble ass backwards into the top 8 by October. She might be competing with Caro in a 'least-shit autumn results' contest.

To misquote a gay Irishman, to crash out of one slam with a sicknote may be regarded as a misfortune; to pull a sickie again at a second looks like carelessness.

I hope the new fitness coach knows what he's doing, doesn't tolerate any self-pity & laziness, gets her properly prepared in the way she wasn't at the start of this year, and that she becomes an entertaining player to watch again. After all, enjoying watching these tennis matches is the main thing for us, not counting the ranking points.
Very good post.

But I think that she should get already that she needs more than a fitness guy who has to divide his time between two "top players".
Quote:
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 02:41 PM   #458
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has disabled reputation
Re: US open Petra ate bagel instead of pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
You're really a parody of a fan. She was sick, she struggled with humidity and couldn't even walk at the end of the second set and you are saying that the tennis won...
yeah be good 'ass kissing' fan and keep believing her bullshit with making excuses for the way she handles herself on the tennis court, she isn't the first nor the last player who played sick or struggles with condition but she's the only player who displays disgusting defeatist attitude on court every time she loses and always has full bag of excuses why she lost, also she's more and more succumbs to using shady mto\bathroom break tactics to make opponents 'cold' but why i'm surprised since she's a friend with bitchmayer. many players struggle with conditions or have health problem and if they're not fully fit to fight they retire before the match and sometimes skip few tournaments to get fully healthy, if they decide to play they're at least trying to fight and show an effort on court and some of them have fought thought tough matches while not being on top of the form or health, if they lose they're not trying to make same old excuses but Petra always does. there comes a time in players career when you need to stop making excuses start fighting and do something to change. she hasn't learned anything from last year when she overburned herself or done anything to change that.

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:31 PM   #459
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Well, don't you think that comparing Petra with one GS title and maestro with 17 GS titles and 300+ weeks on no.1 spot is kind of unfair to Petra? Especially during her worst season since her breakthrough.
Not sure if you followed the thread. But someone mentioned Petra being like Federer and not believing in retiring. And because of that, someone made a reference to me regarding Federer, which I responded to.

You telling me, you couldn't realize, notice that? Don't you read everything.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:40 PM   #460
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
Was she really sick?
Who knows?

Was it reported she went to the hospital before the match, or after the match?

I don't know.

If it was reported after the match, then I have my doubts (cause who takes a MTO down 0-5 in the second set, after losing the first, except for an embarrassed player, who inexplicably decides to show the crowd she's sick)?

She may have well been sick (to some extent). However, it appeared to me she quit/checked out early, when she had some nice ROS winners and aces, but still could break or move ahead of the lightly regarded Riske.

Maybe she thought she only had so much in the gas tank. And when she didn't cash in on the early success, she got disappointed, tanked, and then started flying errors all over the place.

I thought it was a very unprofessional attitude myself (health or no health).
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 06:47 PM   #461
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
yeah be good 'ass kissing' fan and keep believing her bullshit with making excuses for the way she handles herself on the tennis court, she isn't the first nor the last player who played sick or struggles with condition but she's the only player who displays disgusting defeatist attitude on court every time she loses and always has full bag of excuses why she lost, also she's more and more succumbs to using shady mto\bathroom break tactics to make opponents 'cold' but why i'm surprised since she's a friend with bitchmayer. many players struggle with conditions or have health problem and if they're not fully fit to fight they retire before the match and sometimes skip few tournaments to get fully healthy, if they decide to play they're at least trying to fight and show an effort on court and some of them have fought thought tough matches while not being on top of the form or health, if they lose they're not trying to make same old excuses but Petra always does. there comes a time in players career when you need to stop making excuses start fighting and do something to change. she hasn't learned anything from last year when she overburned herself or done anything to change that.
She's hardly the only player who does this.

For me, I don't like excuses as well but what should you do if you're really sick and you opponent stream-rolled you in two sets? It's hard to explain why you've lost if nobody believes you. Personally, I don't know nothing about her condition before, during or after the match so I can't judge if she was sick or not, if she needed that medical timeout or not. If you have this advantage, you're luckier than me or maybe you're well educated in medicine and you can analyze her health condition through the TV.
I can't even say if she's making excuses. Yes, she tries to explain things too much and she should rather say no comment and that she will try to play better next time. Maybe it's work of her PR, because I've never had that feeling that she needs excuses before (until this season).

But in general I agree that she should work more and talk less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Not sure if you followed the thread. But someone mentioned Petra being like Federer and not believing in retiring. And because of that, someone made a reference to me regarding Federer, which I responded to.

You telling me, you couldn't realize, notice that? Don't you read everything.
Well, it's big difference in saying that somebody likes to do something like Federer does and that somebody is able to do that.

And I'm trying to read everything but I can't remember all of it.
Quote:
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:37 AM   #462
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

well i didn't watch match against riske but petra

now she is out of top 10, i hope that something will happen good out of that

this season she doesn't play even for tio 50

and please radek go away

i hope that she will be fine, and refocus for next season, she doesn't have lot to defend top 10 should be reachable if she does some good results

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:14 PM   #463
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of shotmakers

venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold

Apparently she is undergoing tests for recurring viruses/illness leaving with her with no energy to compete.

Poor Petra, knew it wasn't right her getting ill so often, she's said she picked up 4 viruses last year and 3 this year, twice during Slams.

Hope she finds out what is wrong and it is manageable and nothing too serious.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UiSjLo78r8s

KVITOVA LI NA
LISICKI BOUCHARD HALEP
VOEGELE GOERGES

Last edited by venusinfurs : Sep 2nd, 2013 at 02:40 PM.
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:21 PM   #464
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Petra Recover ASAP

I'm still so sad because of dropping from top 10
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #465
country flag *Jack*

Re: 2013 US Open – Out of Top 10

I think we have a confirmation of the Radek-Petra relationship. I just saw hew in the stands during Radek's match in the Davis Cup semifinal.

Although, she is not in the player's box yet.
Quote:

Last edited by *Jack* : Sep 13th, 2013 at 01:20 PM.