Simona's Top 20 wins - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #16
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona's Top 20 wins

Win #18

New Haven 2013 (Hard)

F: Petra Kvitova (CZE) (#9) 62 62
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #17
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #18
country flag soimu

soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold

5 in the last 2 weeks.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu Ana Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #19
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Sooner or later we have to keep track only to top 10 wins. The top 20 wins will become irrelevant.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #20
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Sooner or later we have to keep track only to top 10 wins. The top 20 wins will become irrelevant.
As I said earlier, I hope this thread will become irrelevant soon, I mean when Simona losing a match will be considered a big upset.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #21
country flag soimu

soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold

Come on people take it easy.
As long she is a top 20 player every win is important.
Even when she'll become a top 10 player they will still have their relevance.
Not as much as when she was ranked 40-50 but still.
There is not a big difference between #8 and #12 ranked player.
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #22
country flag soimu

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I mean when Simona losing a match will be considered a big upset.
Just one thing to add.
Do you think she can play like this all the time.
Simona will have her bad periods too. Not as low as in the past off course. But this is sport there are ups and downs.
She will have to release some pressure from time to time.

See New Haven final when Petra took that bathroom pause. She thought that will have a bad effect on Simona's focus and this was a possibility. Marcu was there and prevented such a thing to happen. I was impressed about what he said during that time.
I think it actually helped Simona that long period of rest. She was getting tired form handling Kvitova's heavy shots.
Simona got a lot of winners but 1st she had to neutralize the hard balls by the Czech. Neutralize them but in an aggressive mode to get her move.

Watching the match again I think Simona played at a very high level.
Keeping that level is a hard task.
Come on Simona !
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #23
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by soimu View Post
Just one thing to add.
Do you think she can play like this all the time.
Simona will have her bad periods too. Not as low as in the past off course. But this is sport there are ups and downs.
She will have to release some pressure from time to time.

See New Haven final when Petra took that bathroom pause. She thought that will have a bad effect on Simona's focus and this was a possibility. Marcu was there and prevented such a thing to happen. I was impressed about what he said during that time.
I think it actually helped Simona that long period of rest. She was getting tired form handling Kvitova's heavy shots.
Simona got a lot of winners but 1st she had to neutralize the hard balls by the Czech. Neutralize them but in an aggressive mode to get her move.

Watching the match again I think Simona played at a very high level.
Keeping that level is a hard task.
Come on Simona !
Amazing what a missing word does. I meant to say "Simona losing a match to a lower seeded player". Does that rephrasing sounds moderate enough for your liking?
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #24
country flag soimu

Well it does sound more balanced that way.
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 04:58 PM   #25

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Win #19

US Open 2013 (Hard)

R32: Maria Kirilenko (RUS) (#17) 61 60
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 05:05 PM   #26
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Keep getting these wins, champ.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:53 AM   #27
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Baby-faced killer
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #28

Win #20

Moscow 2013 (Indoor Hard)

F: Samantha Stosur (AUS) (#19) 76(1) 62
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #29
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

@ soimu : You should make this Thread with Top 10 wins Now as Simona will be ranked 14 after this weeks so top 20 is the past

Top 10 here she comes

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #30

You know she's still gonna have to play against players ranked 11-20, right? Sometimes she will win those matches and sometimes she won't. And quite frankly a win against Stosur, who's ranked 19 can mean much more than a win against Kerber, who's ranked 10
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote