Caroline's Live Scoring Thread 12 - Page 185 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 11:51 PM   #2761
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline's Live Scoring Thread 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Caro was like a sitting duck at the net in the match. I like the intent and she was actually coming in at opportune times, but she couldn't put the ball away with a decent volley. It just isn't her strong suit; nor is hitting drop shots. Remember that awful one she attempted? That was probably the worst one I've ever seen.

And no one can say she has a good backhand when she hardly ever uses it as a weapon.

I am still in a bad mood about this missed opportunity, so maybe I'm piling it on. I need to get it all out, and then I'll be back to being delusional about my expectations for Caro.
That was one area she played very well. I want her to play that way every match at the net and not the way she played there against Halep at NH. That's not where she lost the match yesterday. One stretch low for a forehand volley was superb. How can she be a sitting duck when her stats are that she won 7 out of 10 (70%) of points at the net?

We are taking the eye of the ball over-worrying about the 3 out of 10 points she didn't win there when there are such major problems elsewhere with her forehand which was breaking down worse than ever when put under serious pressure. She made as many UEs on her forehand as Giorgi!

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:52 AM   #2762
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro may be willing to work hard but I don't think she's getting good technical coaching.

Things falling apart close to potentially winning the match suggests nerves to me. We've seen her falter to varying degrees when she's gotten close to winning on a lot of occasions over the past couple years.
It has been pointed out before but I believe that she is working hard but maybe not on the right things. Fitness is important but it is also important to improve your game. Her focus seems to be too much on the former and not enough on the latter.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 01:31 PM   #2763
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline spiller tidligst kl. 0700cet på Court 1. Kampen kan i lighed med alle andre kampe på Centre Court og Court 1 ses på Tennistv.com

R2: Caroline vs Flavia Pennetta NB 2pm local time.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 01:41 PM   #2764
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
It has been pointed out before but I believe that she is working hard but maybe not on the right things. Fitness is important but it is also important to improve your game. Her focus seems to be too much on the former and not enough on the latter.
I dont know what the answer is, but going to Brazil & Colorado at the end of 2012 seemed to hurt her game in 2013
I thought she should have taken losing the #1, early in 2012, very seriously. Thats when Jankovic & Ivanovic fell apart. Caro did also, losing her 1st match to Safarova then early to Goerges.
That was a really important time in her career. Now it might be too late. I cant think of anyone who was so good, fell off for years without a major injury, and got good again. Not happened in this era.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:22 PM   #2765
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Note for danes: TV3 Sport 2 har fået mulighed for at vise kampen i morgen tidlig ikke før kl. 07:00

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #2766
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Good Luck Caro!

Warm up started.

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #2767
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Rain delay
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #2768
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

first game was already high quality, Caro looks willing to hit harder and being aggressive...Flavia is a great defender though...shame that with this rain delay I'll need to leave after a few games probably

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #2769
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

3-0

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #2770
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Caro 3-0...

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #2771
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

Well played by Caro. But very poor start by Pennetta.
PMBH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #2772
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Rain

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #2773
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

Another rain delay...
PMBH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #2774
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

rain again come on, I need to leave for lectures in 45 minutes

anw I am pleased with what I am seeing, she's forcing Pennetta to play on a high rhythm and she's hitting the ball very well so far

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 06:28 AM   #2775
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

There will go some time before the match can continue, they say on danish TV, as it still rain hard and courts needs to get dryed when the rain stops...