Kvitova out of top 10 next week - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM   #46
country flag Horcrux

Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future
Re: Kvitova out of top 10 next week

Big deal

It's a matter of time before she gets back to Top 10 anyway

She is deservedly out, she has shown nothing close to Top 10 level all year (which in the WTA isn't even that high of a level if you look at Errani, Kerber, Wozniacki, Li, etc.).

She got away with soooo many three setters this year, it's a miracle she even had the results that she did
Horcrux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 12:08 PM   #47
country flag .Andrew.

.Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute

Good. She doesn't deserve to be there anyway. She needs to seriously reassess her goals and get fitter because she is seriously better than this. Hopefully this will light a fire under her ass because she needs it. Way too complacent with all that firepower.
.Andrew. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM   #48
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post

You sound like a VIPtard.
God forbid.

Yes, it was a perfect storm scenario, but she was the only one that took advantage of it. She won six titles that year (not just Wimbledon) and yes again, the first half of the year was her best, but more often than not she could be pretty amazing (wild oscillations included). You can't pretend that that didn't happen, irrelevant as that might be for what Kvitty is going to achieve in the future. The extent of her fall (not so much in ranking terms) and regression in her game (even compared to her 2011 second half of the year standards) is simply ridiculous, and it's not like the rest of the field have improved that much since 2011 (apart from the top 3).

Last edited by Cindy and Kate : Sep 1st, 2013 at 04:17 PM.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM   #49
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

I actually hope Petra just misses out on the YEC too, because flying out there just to lose in the RR will be a big waste of time - better to stay in CZ and work towards next season with the new fitness coach.

If Jelena and Sloane lose today, I think Petra hangs on to 8th in the race, at least until a SF run by Simona or Roberta (either very possible) or perhaps Angie. But with Marion out (plus if Maria does not return by season end), Petra could yet stumble ass backwards into the top 8 by October. She might be competing with Caro in a 'least-shit autumn results' contest.

To misquote a gay Irishman, to crash out of one slam with a sicknote may be regarded as a misfortune; to pull a sickie again at a second looks like carelessness.

I hope the new fitness coach knows what he's doing, doesn't tolerate any self-pity & laziness, gets her properly prepared in the way she wasn't at the start of this year, and that she becomes an entertaining player to watch again. After all, enjoying watching these tennis matches is the main thing for us, not counting the ranking points.

Last edited by pling : Sep 1st, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 02:54 PM   #50
country flag MChnt

MChnt MChnt MChnt MChnt MChnt MChnt MChnt MChnt MChnt MChnt MChnt

Bye bye Fatra!

Most of the top 10 needs cleaning out.. Errani, Wozniacki and Kerber have GOT to go, and Marion please take your name off the rankings
MChnt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM   #51
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

She ain't returning to the top ten cause her draws are going to get harder and harder. So hopefully this could be a wake up call for her and can work hard. Idk if that will happen but I can hope.
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM   #52
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Meh, she could easily win Tokyo or Beijing this year, and then run the table at YEC. Ya never know with Petra.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:13 PM   #53
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Eh. Deserved.

I thought she played some incredible tennis the first half, and end of 2011, and respectable enough (albeit disappointing), tennis, with some nice flashes (Montreal, Cincy, New Haven) in 2012.

She also showed what was coming with her incredible Wimbledon 2010 run losing to Serena in the Semi-finals.

However, what we've seen in 2013 (minus Doha and Dubai), has been absolutely abysmal, and not encouraging in the least. And what you hear from her, and her [ahem] team () is equally as bad.

Interestingly enough, they're plenty of undeserving ladies in the top 10, with much less talent or results. So who's to say she won't (undeservedly) pop back in? I hope not; unless/until she gets it together.

Now let's move on.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 05:01 PM   #54
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafeclarke123 View Post
I wish Bartoli would leave the rankings as much as I like her, it annoys me when an inactive player is taking up space.
I agree. Unless there is some business/monetary reason (year end ranking bonus from a sponsor for example), Bartoli should have herself removed. There is certainly no reason why she should be ranked after the season ends.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 05:08 PM   #55
country flag bbjpa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by carling View Post
I agree. Unless there is some business/monetary reason (year end ranking bonus from a sponsor for example), Bartoli should have herself removed. There is certainly no reason why she should be ranked after the season ends.
Bartoli asked the WTA to not remove her ranking points, so she will be in the top 10 until at least the end of 2014 Q1
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 05:20 PM   #56
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

She needs to drop, but it is sad.
If she/her team is smart they'll sign her up to play as many of the old school European Indoor tournaments this fall. She could get some match play and confidence going on a surface that suits her game perfectly. Outside of that, whatever her issue(s) are, she needs to figure them out.

But as it stands, a poor man's Mary Pierce she is destined to be.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 07:09 PM   #57
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

I read the title as Kvitova out for 10 weeks! The actual thread title is much better. Even so, do we need threads heralding exits from... (top #) and championing entries to (top #)? Seems so ho-hum, really.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:10 PM   #58
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
She needs to drop, but it is sad.
If she/her team is smart they'll sign her up to play as many of the old school European Indoor tournaments this fall. She could get some match play and confidence going on a surface that suits her game perfectly. Outside of that, whatever her issue(s) are, she needs to figure them out.

There are rarely any indoor HCs in Europe anymore. She can only play one of the Internationals and effectively she can only play Linz as Woznicki has already committed to playing Luxembourg.

Next year she can schedule more freely provided she stays out of the Top 10. That won't change the fact that there hardly are any European Indoor HCs anymore...Kvitova simply peaks on the least used surfaces in WTA tennis - Grass & indoor HC. I've been saying this for years, that is her major disadvantage.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:18 PM   #59
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post

There are rarely any indoor HCs in Europe anymore. She can only play one of the Internationals and effectively she can only play Linz as Woznicki has already committed to playing Luxembourg.

Next year she can schedule more freely provided she stays out of the Top 10. That won't change the fact that there hardly are any European Indoor HCs anymore...Kvitova simply peaks on the least used surfaces in WTA tennis - Grass & indoor HC. I've been saying this for years, that is her major disadvantage.
The three titles she has won in the last two years have been on outdoor hardcourts

This allergy-to-outdoor-hardcourt thing is bollocks. If she is motivated and healthy she is fine.
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:21 PM   #60
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
The three titles she has won in the last two years have been on outdoor hardcourts

This allergy-to-outdoor-hardcourt thing is bollocks. If she is motivated and healthy she is fine.
Well said mate!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote