US OPEN 2013 New thread new fortune.. - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 07:55 PM   #106
country flag ohnoitsmchl

ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light
Re: US OPEN 2013 New thread new fortune..

Absolutely amazing... it was far from perfect... so proud of Dani right now! I was having panic attacks throughout the whole match
ohnoitsmchl is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:00 PM   #107
country flag Saboom

Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice

I don't usually post here but I'm thrilled Dani won her match and I'm SO pleased for her reaching the 4th round. I hope this win will give her the confidence and belief in herself that she can do it. In the end she managed to hold her nerve and win it and I hope she takes the positives from this match into the 4th round.

Despite the match stats Dani played some great tennis at points and there were some great shots in her game.
Saboom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:12 PM   #108
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute

Watched this from 4-4 (third set and now checked the set stats by the posts here)...

I would like to say but WTF Daniela??? How it's possible to let this kind of 3R match to fly away from her hands. 3-6 2-6 0-30 is totally pathetic against a Non Top100 player and a Q. Unacceptable when thinking she could have lost.

But for the comaback. 4R against Riske. It depends on her, I guess.
Make them yours only from 30 E.
SPY+, POLICE, RAY BAN, OAKLEY, AERO, R2
always authentic. always sunnies. always yours!

Richie's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:15 PM   #109
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute

Daniela was -25 in W/UE and just 1 ace?
Bad, bad starts, bad body position in serving. It's a wonder that she won! Feel good and still feel nice for her.

*OK. I give an excuse. She was tired from doubles.

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:15 PM   #110
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold

Dani doesn't often reach the second week of Grand Slams,so she decided to do it in the most epic way possible. All gravy from this moment on.
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:37 PM   #111
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

She didn't have a serve or a forehand and won. If she has he serve and her forehand she can beat Riske. Keep it up Daniela.

Agnieska, Magdalena, Katya
Jelena, Iveta, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:45 PM   #112
Richie's

^ I think she doesn't need them against Riske (either)

Daniela's problem starts from her raquest and finishing in brain.
I am telling this for many many years now.
Her raquest is worng and not suitable to her current game style. Her STRINGS are the worst possible. How "idiots" her team and specially Prince should be not to suggest something new. She needs a raquest change the soonest possible.

Wilson would be perfect for her or Babolat as she needs control. But I guess she's too lazy to do changes at this stage of her career.

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:55 PM   #113
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie's View Post
^ I think she doesn't need them against Riske (either)

Daniela's problem starts from her raquest and finishing in brain.
I am telling this for many many years now.
Her raquest is worng and not suitable to her current game style. Her STRINGS are the worst possible. How "idiots" her team and specially Prince should be not to suggest something new. She needs a raquest change the soonest possible.

Wilson would be perfect for her or Babolat as she needs control. But I guess she's too lazy to do changes at this stage of her career.
my thoughts exactly! i don't think her current racquet offers lots of control for her shots, she should definitely change it

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 09:16 PM   #114
country flag Christork17

Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie's View Post
is totally pathetic against a Non Top100 player and a Q.
Of course it's Glushko but she also defeated Petrova 3 and 4.
It will be the same for Riske, seems perfect on the paper but she also destroyed Kvitova 3 and 0.
You can't be in the Round 16 only with luck.

But this is maybe the best draw Daniela has ever had in her whole career in GS
Beating #111, #296, #128 and facing now #81

I won't say it reminds me Bartoli's draw in Wimbledon but...
Reach at least the QF please !!!
Christork17 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 09:25 PM   #115
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Also, as somebody put it in the GM results thread - having to save MPs against Glushko and winning is better than blowing MPs against Asagoe and losing.

Ranking should be around 33 from this result, QF means top 30 for the first time in ages. No more qualifying tournaments or need for WCs for a while either way!
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 09:28 PM   #116
Richie's

^^ Petrova didn't play a tournament for month(s), so it was not suprising at all. Kvitova losing a set to Doi means she's on huge fall. It's not like Duval, Glushko or Riske have big weapons or played great matches. All 3 pushed the ball back and had the good fortune to meet players who suck these days (including Daniela).

Not seeing Eduardo there means a lot. Daniela needs to make a 180 o change of her tactics, game plan, serve and attitute if she wants to take this GOLDEN chance and advance into a QF in NY after 11 years and after so many 1st Round exits in US Open and in other Slams too.

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 09:34 PM   #117
Richie's

Blame me but I can't see much support from WTA even from adidas or Prince in the face of Daniela. WTA tweets and make post like crazy bitch about its called "starts" or "future stars" but nothing for Daniela (today).
Adidas and Prince are also pathetic on this kind support (always about Daniela).

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 09:35 PM   #118
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

is she still with Eduardo?

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 11:00 PM   #119
country flag Tim_Danielafan6

Tim_Danielafan6 has much to be proud of Tim_Danielafan6 has much to be proud of Tim_Danielafan6 has much to be proud of Tim_Danielafan6 has much to be proud of Tim_Danielafan6 has much to be proud of Tim_Danielafan6 has much to be proud of Tim_Danielafan6 has much to be proud of Tim_Danielafan6 has much to be proud of Tim_Danielafan6 has much to be proud of Tim_Danielafan6 has much to be proud of Tim_Danielafan6 has much to be proud of

She's been with a younger guy who kinda looks like her brother but isnt, besides him she's with that girl that was with her in birmingham, and her brother.. it might be good to have daniela not in the limelight about her 4th round, this way she might loosen up, thats what its all about with her even after all these years
Tim_Danielafan6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 11:10 PM   #120
country flag DiscoStick

DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future DiscoStick has a brilliant future

Mental giant Never in a million years would believe she could win a match from that situation

Unbelievable she's in the R16 for the first time in years, it would be nice to get one more GS QF in her career.

Also loving the support from CPers supporting Dani live! Hope you can get tickets to her next match and cheer her on

+ JANKOVIC GOERGES LISICKI CIBULKOVA
DiscoStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote