Anett Kontaveit - Page 138 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 02:42 AM   #2056
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Now let's turn our focus to Moscow and then Podgorica
As I see it, unless something bad happens a decent result for her would be living up to her seeding which is a SF in Moscow and a QF in Podgorica although that may well be the other way around if she is edgy in training

Anett loses 12 Points from her San Luis Potosi 10K Victory last year and will be at #288 at the end of the week.

This is how Anett's ranking will turn out based on various results

Result: 1st/1st 1st/2nd 2nd/2nd 2nd/QF QF/QF QF/SF SF/SF SF/F F/F F/W W/W
Ranking: 287-ish 277-ish 273-ish 268-ish 265-ish 259-ish 248-ish 240-ish 230-ish 225-ish 216-ish

From this we can tell that if Anett even just puts in a passable performance her ranking will still rise nicely and even if she just gains 60 or so points, she will make Australian Open Qualies providing she defends her 28 Points from Helsinki and Yoshkar-Ola And this has been when she has had except for Moscow and maybe Burnie, quite an average if not bad year

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 07:48 AM   #2057
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

This year she actually hasn't had so many "weird" losses if I think of it, other than losing to higher ranked players she has lost to Bencic, Cszoregi (Moscow win hangover?), Smith (post-surgery), Hadzic (playing 14+ days in row without breaks basically), Siniakova (no excuse! )

So this assures there's no reason to end up like Vika Kan in her last two tournaments (being seeded 1st or 2nd and bombing out in R2). Still too bad she decided not play that 3rd week, it would have been a backup as a bad day at the office can always happen even in R1.

Btw the slam qualies cut-offs this year were sth like this: AO 230, RG 218, Wimbledon 222. If not AO yet, then surely she should make the ones in spring.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:24 AM   #2058
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
This year she actually hasn't had so many "weird" losses if I think of it, other than losing to higher ranked players she has lost to Bencic, Cszoregi (Moscow win hangover?), Smith (post-surgery), Hadzic (playing 14+ days in row without breaks basically), Siniakova (no excuse! )

So this assures there's no reason to end up like Vika Kan in her last two tournaments (being seeded 1st or 2nd and bombing out in R2). Still too bad she decided not play that 3rd week, it would have been a backup as a bad day at the office can always happen even in R1.

Btw the slam qualies cut-offs this year were sth like this: AO 230, RG 218, Wimbledon 222. If not AO yet, then surely she should make the ones in spring.
She was also sick when she lost to Hadzic and obviously lacked motivation after the match which shall never be mentioned again
Yeah the Spring GS she really should make given that she only really has Burnie 25K to defend before the cut-off

I am become so involved in this thread now To go into more depth, in reality these are the only opponents I can see Anett losing to in Moscow/Podgorica in the 1st/2nd Round

Moscow 25K:
Kalabina
Katsitadze
Pigossi?

Podgorica 25K:
Gatto-Monticone
Vankova
Bukta
Jugic-Salkic
Knoll
Pera

The Awkward moment when Kovinic doesn't play Podgorica

EDIT: Anett will actually probably not be seeded now in Podgorica as Vankova gets 24 Points for making the QF of 50K + H Kazan which come on this week and she will overtake Anett I really thought Anett should have played those Kazans She probably could have one one Podgorica could be very difficult now

Last edited by chingching : Aug 31st, 2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 10:50 AM   #2059
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
The Awkward moment when Kovinic doesn't play Podgorica
Indeed.. why isn't she I wonder. It's like Anett wouldn't play in Tallinn (25). It's not like she's too high ranked to play a 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
EDIT: Anett will actually probably not be seeded now in Podgorica
That'd be quite bad as she'd possibly have to play Vogt or Voracova right away in R1 or R2
Well, someone might still withdraw..

But isn't Vankova still 1p behind Anett at 290 with those Kazan points? At least that's what the ranks update thread shows.

How are those seedings appointed anyway? For example Perrin and Gatto-Monticone are ahead of Anett in the next ranking update, but on the Podgorica EL they are behind. Didn't check all the others but there might be some more movements like this. I have never paid much attention to this at least on the ITF level, I think in slams they use the last possible ranking for seedings. However, the next official WTA ranks update is on the 9th of September, but Podgorica draw must be done before that. So currently she should be fine? But if the new rankings were done on the 2nd, then her seeding would be in threat, correct?
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 02:14 AM   #2060
country flag chingching

Quote:
Indeed.. why isn't she I wonder. It's like Anett wouldn't play in Tallinn (25). It's not like she's too high ranked to play a 25.

That'd be quite bad as she'd possibly have to play Vogt or Voracova right away in R1 or R2
Well, someone might still withdraw..

But isn't Vankova still 1p behind Anett at 290 with those Kazan points? At least that's what the ranks update thread shows.

How are those seedings appointed anyway? For example Perrin and Gatto-Monticone are ahead of Anett in the next ranking update, but on the Podgorica EL they are behind. Didn't check all the others but there might be some more movements like this. I have never paid much attention to this at least on the ITF level, I think in slams they use the last possible ranking for seedings. However, the next official WTA ranks update is on the 9th of September, but Podgorica draw must be done before that. So currently she should be fine? But if the new rankings were done on the 2nd, then her seeding would be in threat, correct?
Kovinic is probably either having a sponsor dispute or she is playing a series of tournaments elsewhere and this would be too inconvenient. You'd think she'd base her schedule around this though And she played Fed Cup here so she seems to be pretty loyal/likes home

For seedings they will use the rankings at the end of Moscow so unless Perrin and Gatto-Monticone drop, Anett will not be seeded
I must admit that I didn't look to see if Vankova was ahead but simply presumed she was given that normally I would expect 24 Points to lift you more than 9 spots in this ranking area

Anyway, I don't mind if Perrin is seeded because Anett can easily beat her IMO but the idea of playing someone like Vogt early scares me Still, if she is going to win the tournament, she's gonna have to beat them all somewhere Although aside from a few occasions where she has beaten the Top Seed 1st Round, Anett never starts tournaments well

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:03 AM   #2061
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is no Sep 2 rankings. Podgorica will use current (Aug 26 ranks).

ITF use rankings week before MD starts for the seeding.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:19 AM   #2062
country flag chingching

Oh I forgot they don't update WTA rankings mid slam So Anett is safe Talk about luck

Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:21 AM   #2063
country flag muusa

(3)Anett Kontaveit (EST) v (wc)Antonina Lysakova (RUS)
Anastasia Frolova (RUS) v Daria Mironova (RUS)
Alexandra Artamonova (RUS) v Q
(7)Margarita Gasparyan (RUS) v (wc)Julia Valetova (RUS)

First round should be great for warmup.
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 11:45 AM   #2064
country flag chingching

Quote:
(3)Anett Kontaveit (EST) v (wc)Antonina Lysakova (RUS)
Anastasia Frolova (RUS) v Daria Mironova (RUS)
Alexandra Artamonova (RUS) v Q
(7)Margarita Gasparyan (RUS) v (wc)Julia Valetova (RUS)

First round should be great for warmup.
Yeah First Round should be good warm-up as this girl isn't that bad: made a 10K final in Finland I remember but Anett really should win easily in straights and pick up the 8 Points As for the 2nd Round, well Frolova lost 6 games vs Birgit on Indoor Hard but Mironova could be tricky Still, Anett really should make QFs and a SF is very likely if she can play well She is definitely in the easier half but Rodina is there Still Anett at her best really should win this tournament but she hasn't exactly been generating that this year

EDIT: Anett is also playing Doubles with Olga Ianchuk They have a really easy first round and then a very weak Top Seed I hope she doesn't get too tired by Doubles but I think it's great she's playing Doubles more now

Last edited by chingching : Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 06:36 AM   #2065
country flag muusa

She's playing quite badly atm, has trouble holding her serves against an unranked player

Broken when serving for the set at *53
Then manages to break back and take the set 64.

At the same time 1st seed Luangnam is being bagelled Not that it matters who Anett will meet in SF if she continues playing like this.

Broken when serving for the match at *53 again.

So 64 75 it is.
3 DF, 5 aces, was broken 6 times, overall points 75 vs 69.

Surprisingly few DF-s I should say, which is positive.
Btw Luangnam lost and is out.

It can only get better from here I hope..

Last edited by muusa : Sep 3rd, 2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 03:04 PM   #2066
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

I hoped it could be more easy, but at least she got it done in 2 sets. Now against Mironova, who beat her opponent in 3 sets.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 06:34 PM   #2067
country flag muusa

Btw the upcoming match is not listed in ITF livescores site (only the doubles is), so it might mean there will be no score from her singles match tomorrow
Today there were 2x more matches and all but one were shown.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 12:56 AM   #2068
country flag chingching

Quote:
She's playing quite badly atm, has trouble holding her serves against an unranked player

Broken when serving for the set at *53
Then manages to break back and take the set 64.

At the same time 1st seed Luangnam is being bagelled Not that it matters who Anett will meet in SF if she continues playing like this.

Broken when serving for the match at *53 again.

So 64 75 it is.
3 DF, 5 aces, was broken 6 times, overall points 75 vs 69.

Surprisingly few DF-s I should say, which is positive.
Btw Luangnam lost and is out.

It can only get better from here I hope..
Even though Lysakova is unranked that it is not really fair.
First of all, she has 9 Points (you need 10 to get a ranking) and she will have one after this tournament. She made a final of a 10K and her only losses have been to Barbat and Saitova. Still, Anett should have done better but I am sure that she will be able to win the next round. Whether she does is another question The draw is opening up very nicely though and it's good that her Doubles partner beat the tops seed

BTW, was her match on a stream yesterday because e-tennis is streaming Moscow Centre Court

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #2069
country flag muusa

I totally forgot to check if there was video stream yesterday
BTW Rodina is still in her half as well, a former top 100 player (coming back from injury?), she is probably much more dangerous than Luangnam would have ever been.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #2070
country flag muusa

Daria Mironova (RUS) d. (3)Anett Kontaveit (EST) 64 16 64
So much of top 250