Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 99 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #1471
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

I might just do that
Hopefully they'll let me go alone. I'll be there loner boner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 05:41 AM   #1472
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
I might just do that
Hopefully they'll let me go alone. I'll be there loner boner
You should stalk @unseededlooming or someone They seem friendly enough.
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #1473
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehellenia. View Post

so fucking depressing to see that even according to her website 2013 is already done and dusted
but... there is no time left this season, not even 2 months. Its already bad she isnt on rehab since RG... she'll be lucky if gonna be ready for AO, but I wouldnt hold my breath to see her before IW or Stuttgart.
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #1474
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just thinking. What happens if she misses the Fed Cup tie in Feb?
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #1475
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
but... there is no time left this season, not even 2 months. Its already bad she isnt on rehab since RG... she'll be lucky if gonna be ready for AO, but I wouldnt hold my breath to see her before IW or Stuttgart.
I said that it was depressing(like that Bunheads farewell video). Of course, I don't want her to even think of going back to the courts at least for another 4-5 months. I would prefer for her to return for the clay season, playing that Katowice disaster before Stuttgart as a test. IW/Miami ain't that special considering the clay is coming and she certainly will not show up in Melbourne; there is simply not enough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
I'm just thinking. What happens if she misses the Fed Cup tie in Feb?
The question at hand is whether she will play ever again so FC ain't that relevant, one would think, no? Plus there is a tie in April plus there is always a way not to meet all the requirements and still compete in the Olympics when your name is Sharapova; not sure how it stands for a Sugarpova, though.
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #1476
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehellenia. View Post
I said that it was depressing(like that Bunheads farewell video). Of course, I don't want her to even think of going back to the courts at least for another 4-5 months. I would prefer for her to return for the clay season, playing that Katowice disaster before Stuttgart as a test. IW/Miami ain't that special considering the clay is coming and she certainly will not show up in Melbourne; there is simply not enough time.

The question at hand is whether she will play ever again so FC ain't that relevant, one would think, no? Plus there is a tie in April plus there is always a way not to meet all the requirements and still compete in the Olympics when your name is Sharapova; not sure how it stands for a Sugarpova, though.
I agree about IW/Miami. Clay court practice during them and an MM a week or two before Stuttgart is what I would prefer her to do.

I don't give two shits about FC, but OG is important. It will provide a lot of incentive for her but I guess you are right. There is no way Tarpischev will let Maria miss OG. At least we can hope.

In 2008, can anyone remember when we found out Maria needed surgery?
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #1477
country flag dameshibatvutre

dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice

:d go make her shedule for 2014
dameshibatvutre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #1478
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

But what if it is not that serious, and the surgery is not required, I still think (based on her FB post) she will return at AO.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #1479
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

It may be impossible for this Maria-less tournament to top this moment.

Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #1480
country flag dameshibatvutre

dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice

ofc she will play AO
dameshibatvutre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #1481
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
But what if it is not that serious, and the surgery is not required, I still think (based on her FB post) she will return at AO.
Maria was talking about playing the AO even after she had surgery in 2008.

IDK, rehab may indeed get her back for the AO, but this problem will always reoccur and bursitis/impingement will lead to another rotator cuff tear if not dealt with properly. A subacromial decompression surgery isn't as bad as needing one to repair a torn rotator cuff. It may mean that she misses a few more months. But it means a lot more months in the long term.
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #1482
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
Maria was talking about playing the AO even after she had surgery in 2008.

IDK, rehab may indeed get her back for the AO, but this problem will always reoccur and bursitis/impingement will lead to another rotator cuff tear if not dealt with properly. A subacromial decompression surgery isn't as bad as needing one to repair a torn rotator cuff. It may mean that she misses a few more months. But it means a lot more months in the long term.
Yeah, you did a great research, but we cannot know all details for sure.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #1483
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

so dimitrov started match, is she watching

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #1484
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
so dimitrov started match, is she watching
Didn't see her there. Not surprised, It's a pretty small court
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #1485
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Yeah, you did a great research, but we cannot know all details for sure.
I know we don't. But when it was revealed she had a rotator cuff tear in 2008 there were furious arguments over whether or not she should have surgery. They'd been telling her to rest and rehab for 2 years, and when they finally found the tear they said the same again.

Rehab never helped her shoulder before, or Serena's knee, or Kim's abdomen. There really isn't much it can do for chronic injuries. Especially when the injured part of the body is always going to be under stress.

So, by strict medical standards, she didn't *need* surgery last time as such, but in reality it was the only option. I think it's the same here. It's going to lead to another tear in 18-24 months. And she can't afford one of those at 28/29. It would end her career for good. The surgery should allow her to play as long as she wants, provided she keeps an adequate rehab schedule and smart tournament scheduling for the rest of her career.