** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #916
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Interesting

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...847528180.html
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #917
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
I think it just goes to show how great she is at PR. I guess being in the limelight for almost 10 years will do that to you
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #918
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
Perform well and not feeling well wth was going on to her?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #919
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

On E Online

http://www.eonline.com/news/453214/w...uture-and-more

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 01:20 AM   #920
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

MARIA SHARAPOVA ANSWERS OUR QUESTIONS

Days before the US Open, the '06 champion withdraws from the tournament to treat an injury. Here, she talks anything but tennis

Maria Sharapova was at the Andaz Hotel on Fifth Avenue to shoot a GIF for U.S. Open sponsor Evian a week before the upcoming Grand Slam tournament. Seeded third in women's singles, the Russian tennis star had been in New York for three days training and making headlines with a branding stunt to change her last name to Sugarpova, her candy and now accessories line, for the tournament. But the bigger headline came two days after the Evian shoot.

On Wednesday, the U.S. Tennis Association announced Sharapova's withdrawal from the Open to treat and recover from a shoulder injury. On her Facebook page, Sharapova writes: "I have done everything I could since Wimbledon to get myself ready but it just wasn't enough time [...] to heal my shoulder injury properly. It's certainly not an easy decision to make ahead of one of my favorite tournaments, but I know it's the right one that will get me back on the courts soon."

In her suite during the Evian GIF shoot, DuJour chatted with Sharapova about, well, the upcoming Open and her strict training. "It's usually about two and a half hours on the tennis court and maybe an hour of fitness a day, then physical therapy and sports massage," she said. Obligatory tennis talk aside, DuJour wanted to know what one does to prepare for shooting an Internet-friendly GIF.

"I don't actually like to [prepare]," the social-savvy athlete replied. "I like to do things on the spot because I think it's a bit more natural. And same thing with interviews—I don't actually like to prep too much. It's your immediate reaction to [the questions], and it's always the best that way."

Putting her method to the test, we take Sharapova through our DuJour questionnaire:

What has been the best day of your life?

OK, maybe I should have been prepared [laughs]. I think the day I won Wimbledon...do I have to explain why?

I think that's pretty self-explanatory! What about the worst day?

I think the worst was when I didn't get to see my mom for the first couple of years when I moved to the U.S. I was still young, and actually I think when you're older, maybe it would have been tougher, but since I was young and moved to a new country and new environment, I kind of went with the flow of things. I was around kids my age and at a tennis academy, and it seemed like a lot of fun at the time. But then you start missing your mom, especially when you spend a lot of time with your father.

If you could spend a day in anyone else's shoes, who would it be?

Dead or alive?

Either one.

I'd say Audrey Hepburn. I'm just really interested in the way she went about her life and the person she was. It would have been nice to experience that.

What's your favorite hour of the day?

Usually around 5 p.m. Not today because I had to get ready for everything, but it's usually the time after practice when I come home and I get to have an hour by myself which is always really nice. And I get to catch up on things or actually read and write emails and have time by myself in my room.

If you could re-live any day in history, what would it be?

I probably would have liked to play Wimbledon the first year it played—that would have been pretty unique.

Did you break a sweat today? (That's a given.)

[Laughs] I did. 9 a.m. Intervals on the treadmill, train on the court, core exercises.

If you wore a uniform everyday, what would it be?

I think I needed to study for this before! I like the soldiers' uniform. The English soldiers—I love their uniform.

I didn't want to today, but I ________.

Had a piece of cake. [Laughs]

What is the best conversation you had today?

[Laughs] Slim pickings here! That's tough—I didn't have many conversations, I was training!

How would you spend your last day on Earth?

On a deserted island, somewhere warm with a beach where they serve nice drinks. That sounds like a great day to me.

http://www.dujour.com/2013-08/1561/m...a-2013-us-open

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM   #921
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Nice interview!
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:29 PM   #922
country flag Cecig

Stars and Cars: Maria Sharapova Talks Porsches, Tennis Dresses, and the Challenges of Making a Candy Stiletto Heel- Vanity Fair

Is there anything Maria Sharapova canít do? In addition to being the worldís highest-paid female athlete and its No. 3Ėranked female tennis player, Maria is also an entrepreneur, a designer, a fashion plate, the head of a humanitarian foundation, a U.N. Goodwill Ambassador, and the endorsing face of a wide variety of products from shoes to tablets. Add to that list: car-lover and Porsche fan.

A shoulder injury precluded Mariaís participation in the U.S. Openówhich is currently running at some location in Queens that induces major traffic snarls out by La Guardia. But that didnít stop her from meeting up with us at her Manhattan hotel for a drink (of water) and a wide-ranging conversation about the challenges of being a polymath, the problem with allowing your boyfriend to drive your 911, and the difficulties of creating a stiletto heel out of gummy candy. Highlights of our conversation are below.

Brett Berk: Tell me a bit about your candy company, Sugarpova. Do you have a sweet tooth, or is this purely a business move?

Maria Sharapova: Iíve always had a sweet tooth, as you mentioned, and as a young girl, I saw all the variety of gummy candy, which I had never seen in my home country, in Russia. I said: ĎWow. This is quite brilliant.í With the name, I thought it would be a great business venture because itís something thatís not typical, itís different, itís unexpected, and yet itís fun. I really wanted to have fun with the business. So many of the things I do in my life are serious, so when it came to something like candy, I really wanted to explore it and have fun. It took quite a long time to develop.

It doesnít seem like it would be an easy thing. Any particular challenges?

We wanted to create a certain heel shape, but they couldnít make the heels thin enough, because it didnít work well with the machine. I was like, ďWe have to go with a wedge?Ē That was tough. But we did make the heel not a wedge. It was a heel, but it wasnít as thin as I would have liked.

Any candy cars in the works?

Thatís a great idea. We can discuss that business plan later.

Youíre one of the worldís top tennis players. Is the game still central, or has the other work you do become more of a focus?

I think itís about prioritizing. I realize what has brought me the things that I have in my career is the work that Iíve put in on the court. But thereís a lot more to life than tennis, than hitting a tennis ball. I like to do thingsóIím not someone who likes to stay still. My mind is always working. Iím thinking creativelyóthatís part of the Sugarpova business. Itís about enjoying the things that you do, not thinking about it as a chore.

What about finding room for your foundation, and your humanitarian work?

Thatís a little bit more personal. Itís with Chernobyl-affected areas. I donít know if you know the storyómy parents moved from Belarus when Chernobyl hit. Thatís why I was born in Russia; otherwise I would have been born in Belarus, in 1987, when it all happened. I was very fortunate to be raised in a safe town, where the air and water werenít polluted. But many were not as fortunate as my family and I were.

In the beginning, I was raising awareness that despite the catastrophe happening so long ago, people are being affected by it on a daily basis, to this day. But little by little it became helping different areas: cleaning up a certain city, or helping financially, bringing a better environment, hospital-wise, to a town. Sometimes, itís sports facilities. In those towns, sometimes, thereís not a lot of hope or positivity, and I really believe that when you have that good energy around you, it helps so much, even in your health.

At last yearís Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, in Stuttgart, you took home a brand new Porsche 911 S Cabriolet as part of your winnings. Do you still have the car?

I still have it, and I drive itóitís my regular daily driver. Itís in CaliforniaóI have a place there and a place in Florida, and the car fits better in California. California has a little bit of a . . . younger age group.

How does the 911 compare to the first car you owned?

My family had a Honda Accord; it was the first one they purchased. I remember going in the back seat with friends and showing them that thereís an automated window: Look, it goes up and down! You donít have to roll it! Thatís something I had never seen before. In Russia, it was all hand-cranking. I was so excited about those buttons.

Is there an aspect of yourself that you see reflected in Porscheís cars?

Absolutely. I had driven S.U.V.ís for a while, and I realized that while Iím young, I want a sportier, lower car, and to have fun with it. Porsche is all about that. Itís about being a little bit on your wild side, being a woman and being powerful. Itís a good feeling.

Though youíve lived in the U.S. since age seven, you are originally from Russia. Is there any Russian vehicle you have a fondness for?

None at all. Thereís not one that I can think of.

Despite not being mandatory, you and other top female players often wear skirts in competition, despite practicing in shorts. Is this for functional or aesthetic reasons?

I donít know. I grew up wearing them. At practice, when I was younger, I would go in skirts and dresses. It feels like, itís part of tennis. When I think of tennis, I think of long white dresses or skirts up to the knee, holding wooden racquets on a grass field. It feels like a part of history, and makes it a bit more feminine as well.

Why is that important?

Because I think our sport is very tough, aggressive and physical, and women have a feminine side, so itís nice to be able to show that through pretty outfits.

Do you ever drive hard to get your aggression out?

I donít. Iím a good driver, or I like to think I am. When a male is in the car, they tend not to think so, so thatís difficult.

Do you let anyone drive your 911?

Iím pretty picky. My boyfriend has, but not very often. He likes it too much, thatís the problem. You let them drive your car, then you canít find your own keys.

We end all of our Stars and Cars interviews by asking, Whatís the most embarrassing thing thatís ever happened to you in a car.

Well, Iíve only gotten one ticket, for crossing a double-yellow line. It was evening, and I was going to a coffee shop. It was in a small town, and everyone recognized me.

If thatís the most embarrassing thing thatís ever happened to you, youíre doing pretty well.

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/stic...ugarpova-candy

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #923
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ion-party.html

Daily Mail strikes again
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #924
country flag kasia1992

kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of

MARIA will be on Larry King Now this Wednesday

http://kingsthings.ora.tv/2013/09/05...ber-9-12-2013/
kasia1992 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #925
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Was she on Chelsea or not, I seen someone post here that she was apparently listed as a guest?

I'm assuming she wasn't though or else there would have been more talk about it.
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #926
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasia1992 View Post
MARIA will be on Larry King Now this Wednesday

http://kingsthings.ora.tv/2013/09/05...ber-9-12-2013/
Wow, he is pretty serious guy, wonder what they will talk about.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #927
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
Was she on Chelsea or not, I seen someone post here that she was apparently listed as a guest?

I'm assuming she wasn't though or else there would have been more talk about it.
I doubt it. They tape in LA and she hasn't been there since she left for Cincinnati if I remember correctly.
So unless they pre taped the show a month ago, there's a slim chance she was one of the guests.
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #928
country flag BuckJaysRock

BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light

she is on the 10th on chelesea
BuckJaysRock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #929
country flag Cecig

An funny bulgarian article about Dimipova. It says that the sex is so rough that after it Grigor cannot train or even walk and he fight with his parents and they asked him to choose between tennis and Pova.

http://www.blitz.bg/sport/article/193334

Translation:

http://translate.google.com/translat...article/193334

Last edited by Cecig : Sep 9th, 2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #930
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf