*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 238 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #3556
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
Ajde troubled her in Carlsbad mostly coz Vika was shitty in that second set, but Vika can handle her easily if she plays her game. Shanksur will not be tolerated and am hoping Vika will give a beat down this time to put that pigeon in place. Real trouble is Pome and I hope some one takes care of her before she meets Vika
Exactly, things need to be put into perspective...

The fact that Victoria was able to resolve all her preceding issues (forehand, serve...) in just one encounter against Serena proves how much she was inconsistent pre-Cincinnati final.

It also proves that she only just needed one very though test to get her form, which she has done and the Serena encounter was exactly what she needed...

As for Cibulkova, I mean scared of her when Victoria just comes from a win over Serena in a Premier 5 event ? Ok (!) well, that's an option - maybe Cibulkova has something Serena Williams just doesn't have ; I'll pay attention to that in the future.

For now, most people tend to overrate that Miami match where Victoria was ditching like 99.99999% of her shots down the center and into Cibulkova's forehand. She herself admitted afterwards that she played this match without a brain... as for their match in Roland Garros, well, Victoria miraculously somehow escaped a 60 Ue Brianti match, well that's all you need to know about her RG 2012...

This is a good draw for Victoria. She's fit, confident, a tremendous hard-court player, she really seems to want that US Open [...] without transmitting an overconfident image about her chances, she should definitively make the final of this tournament.

The only player against whom she can possibly be written off against here is Serena, and even that nowadays is very risky game considering their hard-court encounters, the fact that she leads her 3-1 in HC finals (2-0 in 2013 [Doha, Cincinnati]) and that she was already in position to serve for the trophy last year at 5*-4... anyways best of luck.
Vikapower is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #3557
country flag altheoaf

altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light altheoaf is a glorious beacon of light

I watched the Carlsbad and Cincinnati matches again and saw substantial improvement. In Carlsbad, Vika was very inconsistent and impatient (especially against Sam). In Cincinnati, she was steadier and more patient. Her ground game improved over the course of the tournament and her return of serve was very good for the whole tournament. Her main problem (as usual) was her serve but it was much much better the last two sets vs Serena. Hopefully, her improvement continues during the US Open.
altheoaf is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #3558
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching that first set against Woz, she was simply superb If she can play like that in the Open 80% of the time, the title will be hers

@Vikapower, Pome moves well and hits big often...

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #3559
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Quote:
I was watching that first set against Woz, she was simply superb If she can play like that in the Open 80% of the time, the title will be hers

yes, i followed closely carlsbad and cincy. there is an significant improvement match after match. hope the last 2 sets against serena had created some miraculous run in USO! can't wait.

it will be great that vika showed the same form from first match, but then after her rollar coaster year and her roller coaster run at cincy, it is quite possible that she can run into form through the tournament.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #3560
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

That's a pretty good draw for Vika. She should have no trouble until at least the 4th round, but anything can happen. Best of luck for the tournament

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #3561
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Serena is still the favorite, but Victoria is a close second. I am hoping that those awful days where everything seemed to be off in her game are over and done with; even so, she could still get away with it the three first matches, but she needs to be quite sharp and focused from the fourth round onwards.

It seems that Serena's loss to Vika is going to act as a sort of revulsive or extra motivation to Serena. There's a thread in GM with some totally (as expected) over the top posts. If anyone benefited largely from that match was obviously Victoria.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #3562
country flag cocoblush

cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
Serena is still the favorite, but Victoria is a close second. I am hoping that those awful days where everything seemed to be off in her game are over and done with; even so, she could still get away with it the three first matches, but she needs to be quite sharp and focused from the fourth round onwards.

It seems that Serena's loss to Vika is going to act as a sort of revulsive or extra motivation to Serena. There's a thread in GM with some totally (as expected) over the top posts. If anyone benefited largely from that match was obviously Victoria.
^ my thoughts exactly, everyone over in GM thinks that the Cincy loss has motivated Serena (which it probably has) therefore she is going to 'distroy' Vika and win the title 60 60 . But the win for Vika has defiantly given her the mental edge over Serena, coupled with the defeat in last year's final i think that Vika is more motivated to win it then ever and now she believes she can win it .
cocoblush is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #3563
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

OOP for Tuesday:
Vika is 2nd in the evening on AA

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/s...schedule8.html
VIK! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #3564
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Vika second after 7pm on Ashe. Lets get this show on the road
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #3565
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Let's start messing that sleep schedule up.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #3566
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Let's start messing that sleep schedule up.
Yes, help!
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #3567
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy for Dinah, not only gets she play on Ashe but night session as well!

I will thoroughly enjoy this one, there's really no chance Vika will lose as much as a set, very much looking forward to it

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 01:56 AM   #3568
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoblush View Post
^ my thoughts exactly, everyone over in GM thinks that the Cincy loss has motivated Serena (which it probably has) therefore she is going to 'distroy' Vika and win the title 60 60 . But the win for Vika has defiantly given her the mental edge over Serena, coupled with the defeat in last year's final i think that Vika is more motivated to win it then ever and now she believes she can win it .
there are always a couple of matches that leave big marks on a player's career, which they will serve as huge boosters and ones that she can draw on to pull through difficult times. i think personally :

1. 2011 miami win after which she nearly retired
2. 2012 AO win
3. 2012 USO final
4. 2013 AO win
5. 2013 doha win

i also think some of her defeats to serena in melbourne had far much impact on her. she could always play serena for one set and a half, neck to neck, it's really only this year that she has grown into patience + aggression that earned her those wins. the cincy win though, it is one of a kind. it's a come-from-behind win, which she has never done it before.

as much as i like vika, if a 100% top form serena vs vika, the edge is always with serena. but now, vika knows she will always have a chance cos nobody can hang on 2-3 hours of 100% best play. and that kind of high level play endurance, vika has come out on top in mastering it.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #3569
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Her first match is a night match....wow her talent has been recognizd appropriately this year

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #3570
country flag LUVMIRZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
there are always a couple of matches that leave big marks on a player's career, which they will serve as huge boosters and ones that she can draw on to pull through difficult times. i think personally :

1. 2011 miami win after which she nearly retired
2. 2012 AO win
3. 2012 USO final
4. 2013 AO win
5. 2013 doha win

i also think some of her defeats to serena in melbourne had far much impact on her. she could always play serena for one set and a half, neck to neck, it's really only this year that she has grown into patience + aggression that earned her those wins. the cincy win though, it is one of a kind. it's a come-from-behind win, which she has never done it before.

as much as i like vika, if a 100% top form serena vs vika, the edge is always with serena. but now, vika knows she will always have a chance cos nobody can hang on 2-3 hours of 100% best play. and that kind of high level play endurance, vika has come out on top in mastering it.
its like how she found out that hanging with Li until she goes away and in the mean while keeping her form to press continuosly. Unless until they are physically/athletically very strong, Serena or Li cannot play 100% throughout a three set match as they are above 30 now. It takes a toll on their body to maintain it. Also Vika does not give easy points and plays fantastic herself, it becomes more difficult for them. She found this truth quickly with Li Na as Li is not an athlete like Serena. With Serena she is slowly realizing it, keeping a full throttle in the third set is very important to beat Serena. She learnt that lesson from last year's final.

Closed Thread