Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 319 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #4771
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Zvonareva. They play reasonably similar games, but of course Zvonareva was better in her prime than Halep is right now.
Here's a list of Caro's forced points (winners plus forced errors) as a % of her opponent's for some matches this year and some older matches for comparison:

vs Pervak (2012 Brisbane): 68% (Caro 40 forced points, Pervak 59 forced points)
vs Kerber (2012 Indian Wells): 94% (Caro 59 forced points, Kerber 63 forced points)
vs Stephens (2013 New Haven): 73% (Caro 33 forced points, Stephens 45 forced points)
vs Halep (2013 New Haven): 67% (Caro 30 forced points, Halep 45 forced points)

vs Zvonareva (2010 Montreal 1st set): 170% (Caro 17 forced points, Zvonareva 10)
vs Zvonareva (2010 US Open): 79% (Caro 30 forced points, Zvonareva 38 forced points)
vs Zvonareva (2010 Beijing): 106% (Caro 53 forced points, Zvonareva 50 forced points)
vs Zvonareva (2010 YEC 1st set): 143% (Caro 33 forced points, Zvonareva 23 forced points)
vs Clijsters (2010 YEC): 91% (Caro 64 forced points, Clijsters 70 forced points)
vs Jankovic (2011 Dubai): 105% (Caro 40 forced points, Jankovic 38 forced points)
vs Zvonareva (2011 Doha): 89% (Caro 48 forced points, Zvonareva 54 forced points)

I don't have an accurate winners & unforced errors total for the whole match against Zvonareva in Montreal and their whole match at the YEC. If anybody has these totals please share them. It'd be very much appreciated. Thanks.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Aug 25th, 2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: added a few matches
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #4772
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light

Game in Transition, Wozniacki Remains Relaxed and Confident

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...and-confident/

“I have been trying to play more aggressively, and finding the balance between aggression and defense has been a work in progress,” Wozniacki said. “I have actually been feeling really good in practice for the majority of this year, and I am confident that I will be able to transfer the feeling to matches soon.”
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #4773
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Caro's last three loses have been against two players who went on to win the tournament (Azarenka + Halep) and one RUP (Cirstea). At least atm she doesn't lose to scrubs who go on to lose their next match.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #4774
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Caro's last three loses have been against two players who went on to win the tournament (Azarenka + Halep) and one RUP (Cirstea). At least atm she doesn't lose to scrubs who go on to lose their next match.
Yeah, and she had match points against Cirstea, and was very close to 1 set all in the other losses.
No reason she shouldnt have a good major. First match is against a player who got through qualies, she won 3 matches here.
So Caro has to be ready.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #4775
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

McIlroyRory
I'd love to know who this guy source is... Seems to pop up in the papers all the time and is wrong 99.9% of the time!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #4776
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Those rumors were always nonsense. they just had dinner together. If one of them left upset or if they left separately, it would have been in that article

I'm very excited by this major. Cant wait to get this started

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #4777
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

BlairHenley Blair Henley
Piotr Wozniacki says he'll stay w/Caro through end of the yr. Then they'll find someone new. Says it was his idea and he's happy about it.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #4778
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

let's hope that it is finally over

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #4779
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
BlairHenley Blair Henley
Piotr Wozniacki says he'll stay w/Caro through end of the yr. Then they'll find someone new. Says it was his idea and he's happy about it.
Hmm, one way to interpret that is that Caroline still has no one specific in mind. If that is true that does not give her much time to find a new coach and work with them in the offseason. Ideally she should be comfortable with this new coach and have had time to work with them before the start of next year.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #4780
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
let's hope that it is finally over
I hope so.
What her dad and the adidas team did was terrible!
Of course you want her to get more aggressive when the opportunities are there. But you dont blow up the game of a player who is winning 5 Tier I's in a row.
Even now, she rushes the net without knowing what to do, and her volleying skills are very weak.
She cant be at the net unless she has a short ball that is easy to put in a corner.
And her overhead! Awful!
Her serve isnt improving. They should have worked on the simple things near the net and her serve.

But at least now she is showing signs of life.
Where did they ever get the idea that its easy to become aggressive at the level Caroline is winning at?
Why mess with such success?
Even in this last match, just watching what the errors are and at such key moments, terrible. She made you beat her when she was winning Tier I's. Now she gives incredible gifts to her opponents.

And if she gets back in the top 4 next year with a coach, I'm really going to let loose on this topic

Last edited by goldenlox : Aug 25th, 2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #4781
Tunk

Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all

I always say that Caro is so unlucky. She usually lost a match against " On fire" Player.
this Summer hardcourt prove me right!!!!!!
Tunk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #4782
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest thing that worries me about the coaching change is I said all along it doesn't sound like it's coming from her and instead is coming from Piotr. This seems to confirm that. I don't think that is particularly positive, that it wasn't her seeking change, she was happy to go along with the way things are going. I hope Caro is behind it, otherwise it won't work.

Last edited by ozza : Aug 25th, 2013 at 08:30 PM.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #4783
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The biggest thing that worries me about the coaching change is I said all along it doesn't sound like it's coming from her and instead is coming from Piotr. This seems to confirm that. I don't think that is particularly positive, that it wasn't her seeking change, she was happy to go along with the way things are going. I hope Caro is behind it, otherwise it simply won't work.
Perhaps if she has a good USO and does well for the rest of the year he'll reconsider. "No reason to go, she's doing great."
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #4784
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I hope so.
What her dad and the adidas team did was terrible!
Of course you want her to get more aggressive when the opportunities are there. But you dont blow up the game of a player who is winning 5 Tier I's in a row.
Even now, she rushes the net without knowing what to do, and her volleying skills are very weak.
She cant be at the net unless she has a short ball that is easy to put in a corner.
And her overhead! Awful!
Her serve isnt improving. They should have worked on the simple things near the net and her serve.

But at least now she is showing signs of life.
Where did they ever get the idea that its easy to become aggressive at the level Caroline is winning at?
Why mess with such success?
Even in this last match, just watching what the errors are and at such key moments, terrible. She made you beat her when she was winning Tier I's. Now she gives incredible gifts to her opponents.

And if she gets back in the top 4 next year with a coach, I'm really going to let loose on this topic
I don't think the Adidas team had much too do went wrong with caro, To me the biggest problem is she never had a coach number one and never made any improvement too her game when she was at the top at number 1, when player like VIka, Aga, & so on made Improvement and got coaches that something Caro need too do

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #4785
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The biggest thing that worries me about the coaching change is I said all along it doesn't sound like it's coming from her and instead is coming from Piotr. This seems to confirm that. I don't think that is particularly positive, that it wasn't her seeking change, she was happy to go along with the way things are going. I hope Caro is behind it, otherwise it simply won't work.
I would be surprised if it did. I (and others) have posted it before, but since Caro's junior days, Piotr has tried to 'step back' and take a less involved role, but every time, Caro has become unhappy with the new set-up, arrangement, coache(s) and Piotr has ended up having to step in again.

It has been repeated numerous times during the last ... I guess 10 years now and contrary to GM belief, Piotr is not the dictator, who doesn't want to let go. It's Caro who isn't comfortable with others, unless Piotr is also around and directly involved.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread