Pac 12 - Page 92 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #1366
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice
Re: Pac 12

Any ideas on Cal's line-up?

Chi, Lynn 5-9 Fr. Weston, Fla. (Florida Virtual School)
Chui, Kelly 5-6 Jr. Milpitas, Calif. (St. Francis HS)
Duranteau, Alice 5-7 Jr. Paris, France (Lycee Jean-Baptiste de la Fontaine)
Estlander, Cecilia 5-10 So. Helsinki, Finland (Brando Gymnasium)
Fabikova, Klara 5-10 Fr. Brno, Czech Republic (Gymnasium Kpt. Jarose Brno)
Schutting, Anett 5-7 Jr. Tallinn, Estonia (Tallinn Old Town Upper Secondary School)
Susanyi, Zsofi 5-7 So. Szeged, Hungary (Teleki Blanka HS)

plus Starr and Manasse.
Advertisement

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #1367
country flag OldBlue

OldBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Any ideas on Cal's line-up?

Chi, Lynn 5-9 Fr. Weston, Fla. (Florida Virtual School)
Chui, Kelly 5-6 Jr. Milpitas, Calif. (St. Francis HS)
Duranteau, Alice 5-7 Jr. Paris, France (Lycee Jean-Baptiste de la Fontaine)
Estlander, Cecilia 5-10 So. Helsinki, Finland (Brando Gymnasium)
Fabikova, Klara 5-10 Fr. Brno, Czech Republic (Gymnasium Kpt. Jarose Brno)
Schutting, Anett 5-7 Jr. Tallinn, Estonia (Tallinn Old Town Upper Secondary School)
Susanyi, Zsofi 5-7 So. Szeged, Hungary (Teleki Blanka HS)

plus Starr and Manasse.
My guess is Starr and Manasse would join Susanyi, Shutting, Fabikova, and Chi in the singles lineuup, just based on how highly ranked they were coming out of HS. Has anyone here seen them play and can provide more information?

I think doubles will be wide open. Perhaps it was bc of Zsofi's injury, but the Bears never had a really set lineup here. Schutting and Chi did OK but didn't scare anybody at #1. Cal has a history of good doubles teams, so I look forward to the Bears improving in tthis area.
OldBlue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #1368
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

From a Bruin to a Trojan, I will be in grad school this fall at USC! Who do I root for??? UCLAAAAAA, I will always be a Bruin!
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 10:51 PM   #1369
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

My Order for the Cardinal

K.Ahn
Krista H,
Carol Zhao
Ellen Tsay
Doyle
Davidson

Doubles
A & Z
T & H
D & D

but doubles is open.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 12:44 AM   #1370
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Who feels that it's taking way too long to start the season? I don't get it...tennis is an all year sport and not many matches scheduled between June thru January.

How does college really prepare them to be pros playing "part-time"?
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 02:09 AM   #1371
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Who feels that it's taking way too long to start the season? I don't get it...tennis is an all year sport and not many matches scheduled between June thru January.

Agreed. I've always wondered about that.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 02:18 AM   #1372
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post

I think the season is already overly long for a scholar-athlete, as they say most Division I athletes will go pro in something other than their sport.

But for the the top players who plan carefully, they can get in two or three professional tournaments during the Fall, plus two or three good ITA events. Its a decent schedule.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 08:23 AM   #1373
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

FYI I didn't take these pics.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #1374
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

KK/Sabs did NOT receive a USO doubles WC. Unreal! Wonder what the story is - I really hope they forgot to apply or something, because otherwise it's pretty embarrassing for the USTA to snub the most accomplished college team of all time.

Doubles wildcards:

1. Mallory Burdette/Taylor Townsend
2. Jill Craybas/Coco Vandeweghe
3. Lauren Davis/Grace Min
4. Martina Hingis/Daniela Hantuchova
5. Allie Kiick/Sachia Vickery (San Diego Winners)
6. Melanie Oudin/Alison Riske
7. Shelby Rogers/Maria Sanchez

Quote:
Sabrina Santamaria ‏@sabs_santamaria 22 Aug
Arrived in New York for our US Open debut!!!! Watch us play next week #USOpen #trojans #NYC…
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #1375
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
KK/Sabs did NOT receive a USO doubles WC. Unreal! Wonder what the story is - I really hope they forgot to apply or something, because otherwise it's pretty embarrassing for the USTA to snub the most accomplished college team of all time.

Doubles wildcards:

1. Mallory Burdette/Taylor Townsend
2. Jill Craybas/Coco Vandeweghe
3. Lauren Davis/Grace Min
4. Martina Hingis/Daniela Hantuchova
5. Allie Kiick/Sachia Vickery (San Diego Winners)
6. Melanie Oudin/Alison Riske
7. Shelby Rogers/Maria Sanchez

That can't be right. She's in NY now. USO better make this right and let Sabs play!!!
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #1376
country flag tie_breaker

Dang it!!! This is messed up (confirmed to be true)!!!
Sabs only words are:
Sabrina Santamaria ‏@sabs_santamaria 4h
Really at a loss for words right now..

Sabs got more respect playing in other countries, winning silver award...then come back home to be denied at USO W/C...boycott the USO I say!!!
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #1377
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Hoping the Santamaria/Christian situation gets the coverage it deserves in the coming days. Amanda McDowell is one of my all-time favorites but this is an even bigger snub IMHO.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #1378
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hoping the Santamaria/Christian situation gets the coverage it deserves in the coming days. Amanda McDowell is one of my all-time favorites but this is an even bigger snub IMHO.
I helped AM on the pro tour and was cheering for her in college and when she was rehabbing her near career ending injury. This is a travesty and completely wrong. They gave Long/Andersun a wc in 2007 and not them? I have zero ties to the situation and this really bugs me. Politics. And pluskota/cako need a team to withdraw to get in the draw. Way to be pro college usta.

tennisbuddy12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #1379
country flag CTSEMT

Well, zootennis story does at least confirm that KK/Sabs failed to apply for the WC. Still I place most of the blame on the USTA - it is pretty embarrassing that they were not even familiar enough to realize that the most accomplished collegiate team of all time had not applied. Goes to show that even with the new USTA collegiate team, the USTA's recognition and support of college tennis is disjointed at best.

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...28ZooTennis%29

Quote:
Unfortunate news out of New York today, with the word that Sabrina Santamaria and Kaitlyn Christian, the USC pair who won all three collegiate majors this year, including the NCAA title, did not receive a wild card into the women's doubles at the US Open. Santamaria and Christian, not knowing they needed to apply to the USTA for a wild card, didn't, and the oversight wasn't noted by anyone at USTA Player Development when the time came for deciding US Open wild cards.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #1380
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Well, zootennis story does at least confirm that KK/Sabs failed to apply for the WC. Still I place most of the blame on the USTA - it is pretty embarrassing that they were not even familiar enough to realize that the most accomplished collegiate team of all time had not applied. Goes to show that even with the new USTA collegiate team, the USTA's recognition and support of college tennis is disjointed at best.

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...28ZooTennis%29
Thanks for the link...I had to vent on twitter...so disappointed that USTA fell asleep on this. Should have been an automatic W/C for winning NCAA. I doubt other countries would overlook this kind of thing.
3 majors and no W/C. I understand if this was Wimbledon, Australian, or French Open...but not US Open