Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 98 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #1456
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I think you'll see it there one more time. The only potentially dangerous opponent in her quarter is Sam Stosur. There's also Kvitova, but Kvitova hasn't been Kvitova in quite some time now. And in the semis she'll get Errani, Wozzy or Halep. Halep could potentially be the most dangerous of them because she's in the winning mood and as we know winning can become a habit just like losing can.
I definitely think Woz is good for a deep run, though!
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #1457
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I definitely think Woz is good for a deep run, though!
Well, I admit that as a fan I'm genuinely excited this time. I always root for her, but in the recent past I never really believed that she could actually do anything at the slams because her game was a complete mess. Draws didn't even matter because she always lost to a non-entity in the first or second round anyway. But this time I think she has a shot at making a deep run. I'm not such a dreamer that I actually think she can win the entire thing though. But a deep run IS possible with this draw. She's playing a bit better, she plays with a stick that she likes, it's at the slam where she's had her best results and there's nobody in her way before the QF against whom she's the underdog. So a QF and perhaps even a SF is possible. That sounds perhaps modest, but the Wozniacki fan in me is not as spoiled as the Sharapova fan. As a Woz fan I don't have the luxury of calling anything but a tournament win a failure. If she makes the QF after hardly winning a match at slam level for two years I would call that a success. If she would make the semis it would be huge. And if she would do even better it would be science fiction. So yeah, I'm excited. But I also know that it's entirely possible that she will have to take her adorable ass back to Danmark (or Monaco) after just one match. After her struggles of the last two years each match will be like a final to her. There are no cupcake draws after two years of being a part of someone else's cupcake.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #1458
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a tournament coming up? I mean...

City of Bones is such a tragic excuse of a movie. I left the theatre as confused as I was before entering
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #1459
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
I'm not sure I see Aza getting the Final though. If Peak Woz turns up, long shot but she's steadily improved these past couple of weeks, she could trouble her. Plus Sam is her projected QF. And Pome is in Vika's section, plus her R1 is pretty tough, she played Aga at RG and really impressed me.

IDK, I think it would require more luck than she got at this year's AO. She still hasn't played consistently well in MONTHS, regardless of the Rena win.

Although if Petra somehow makes the QF maybe she'll rise to the occasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I wouldn't actually mind seeing Woz take out Aza (the prospect of Aza getting a 3rd Slam has me very "pressed"), but I don't see how it's at all possible. I've kept banging on about this in GM for weeks, but since the start of 2012, Azarenka has only lost one match when she's hit more winners than her opponent (Makarova in Madrid, and that was on her hated clay when she was very rusty), and we all know that bar divine intervention Wozniacki is not going to be hitting more winners than Azarenka. Admittedly their Cincy match was closer than it should've been, but I'm chalking that up to Azarenka still having the slight residual mental block against her due to that head-to-head, but that win in itself should have removed that mental block and make it easier for her next time.

Other than that, I do agree with what you're saying, I do think that Aza's win over Serena has made everyone forget that she was otherwise very unconvincing this summer, and I do think she could be vulnerable at this tournament. But I think it will have to be a ballbasher who takes her out (there are signs that Petra might finally be getting her shit together, so she could possibly do it), because she can afford to be several levels below her best and still grind her way past defensive players imo, because she very rarely has the sort of total mass errorfests that Maria or even Serena can occasionally be prone to that are needed to lose to the likes of Woz.
The level of delusion might be worry some ppl that you overdosed the painkillers after your heart was broken.

I hate Miss Guest to the core of her bones, but Karolina or the Homewrecker making the final would be even more upsetting seeing how much they suck.

anyway.
A certain fan favorite returning to twitter after a one year hiatus and her first tweet is about a sponsor event.
But of course Maria who is THE corporate drone.
Do ppl actually use their brain or its for just balancing their ass full of shit according to newtonian physics?
I dont even have to read the withdrawal thread for the knee jerking moments, so just checked the post counts, there was maybe 4-5 fans of Martha in the top20-25 commenters.
The cuteness in these stories just overwhelming.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #1460
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Someone has painkillers? Really? Can I have some? I need them after reading the last post

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #1461
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Bittersweet - I was just about to reply to bandabou asking whether he was sufficiently discontented with the direction the Maria injury thread had taken to agree that it should be closed, and it was already closed
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #1462
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Bittersweet - I was just about to reply to bandabou asking whether he was sufficiently discontented with the direction the Maria injury thread had taken to agree that it should be closed, and it was already closed
As it should have been. It was just bandofpoo and the two three-lettered idiots spewing bile anyways
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 05:31 AM   #1463
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to NY tomorrow and the Open tuesday.

I'm excited, but it's going to be so different without the excitement of Maria playing. Hopefully she'll watch Grigor play
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1464
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

so fucking depressing to see that even according to her website 2013 is already done and dusted
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #1465
country flag Chokerpova
WG

Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future

Really really happy for Venus. Glad to see her playing and serving like this
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #1466
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

So disinterested in the USO - feel like I'm hate-watching.

Anyways, Kaman, Mandy! Minella better hold her shit together today. I'm going to stan for Danilidou tomorrow, tbh. Ain't nobody got time for Martha's last two scrub losses to get to R2.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #1467
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

So, no Masha in Argentina, I never will meet her!

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #1468
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
Really really happy for Venus. Glad to see her playing and serving like this
Same I really hope she gets on a deep run here.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #1469
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

So my mom and sister want to spend a couple whose at the US Open at most.
That defeats the whole purpose for me, so many of my favorites are playing tomorrow.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #1470
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

If all else fails. cry.

"Crying baby always gets its bottle"
Closed Thread