Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 97 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #1441
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

I just don't have faith in Petra anymore... I'd love to see her there though. I'm sick of seeing Azarenka's mug in all these finals.
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #1442
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I just don't have faith in Petra anymore... I'd love to see her there though. I'm sick of seeing Azarenka's mug in all these finals.
I'm not sure I see Aza getting the Final though. If Peak Woz turns up, long shot but she's steadily improved these past couple of weeks, she could trouble her. Plus Sam is her projected QF. And Pome is in Vika's section, plus her R1 is pretty tough, she played Aga at RG and really impressed me.

IDK, I think it would require more luck than she got at this year's AO. She still hasn't played consistently well in MONTHS, regardless of the Rena win.

Although if Petra somehow makes the QF maybe she'll rise to the occasion.
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #1443
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
I'm not sure I see Aza getting the Final though. If Peak Woz turns up, long shot but she's steadily improved these past couple of weeks, she could trouble her. Plus Sam is her projected QF. And Pome is in Vika's section, plus her R1 is pretty tough, she played Aga at RG and really impressed me.

IDK, I think it would require more luck than she got at this year's AO. She still hasn't played consistently well in MONTHS, regardless of the Rena win.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #1444
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I'm rooting for Petra to cause mayhem and take this title, but we all know that she has more chances to lose in a first round shit fest than do the opposite Anyway, I don't think I'll even watch women's side that much, I've got tons of exams lined up, and besides, it would take a pretty special effort by some scrub or Rena being utterly demotivated for her not to win it...

As far as the men's side goes, Nole, baby, it's high time to rise again

Oh, and apparently Martha is watching plays instead of fixing that shoulder

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #1445
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #1446
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I wouldn't actually mind seeing Woz take out Aza (the prospect of Aza getting a 3rd Slam has me very "pressed"), but I don't see how it's at all possible. I've kept banging on about this in GM for weeks, but since the start of 2012, Azarenka has only lost one match when she's hit more winners than her opponent (Makarova in Madrid, and that was on her hated clay when she was very rusty), and we all know that bar divine intervention Wozniacki is not going to be hitting more winners than Azarenka. Admittedly their Cincy match was closer than it should've been, but I'm chalking that up to Azarenka still having the slight residual mental block against her due to that head-to-head, but that win in itself should have removed that mental block and make it easier for her next time.

Other than that, I do agree with what you're saying, I do think that Aza's win over Serena has made everyone forget that she was otherwise very unconvincing this summer, and I do think she could be vulnerable at this tournament. But I think it will have to be a ballbasher who takes her out (there are signs that Petra might finally be getting her shit together, so she could possibly do it), because she can afford to be several levels below her best and still grind her way past defensive players imo, because she very rarely has the sort of total mass errorfests that Maria or even Serena can occasionally be prone to that are needed to lose to the likes of Woz.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #1447
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

I really am not able to care of someone specific in WTA. Well, maybe I wonder how Bouchard can handle Kerber. But overall it is just dead place for me without our Queen.
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #1448
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I wouldn't actually mind seeing Woz take out Aza (the prospect of Aza getting a 3rd Slam has me very "pressed"), but I don't see how it's at all possible. I've kept banging on about this in GM for weeks, but since the start of 2012, Azarenka has only lost one match when she's hit more winners than her opponent (Makarova in Madrid, and that was on her hated clay when she was very rusty), and we all know that bar divine intervention Wozniacki is not going to be hitting more winners than Azarenka. Admittedly their Cincy match was closer than it should've been, but I'm chalking that up to Azarenka still having the slight residual mental block against her due to that head-to-head, but that win in itself should have removed that mental block and make it easier for her next time.

Other than that, I do agree with what you're saying, I do think that Aza's win over Serena has made everyone forget that she was otherwise very unconvincing this summer, and I do think she could be vulnerable at this tournament. But I think it will have to be a ballbasher who takes her out (there are signs that Petra might finally be getting her shit together, so she could possibly do it), because she can afford to be several levels below her best and still grind her way past defensive players imo, because she very rarely has the sort of total mass errorfests that Maria or even Serena can occasionally be prone to that are needed to lose to the likes of Woz.
I honestly would like to see a Peak vs Peak Woz v Guest. The patches of the second set in Cinci where Caro played GOAT where really very enjoyable to watch. Admittedly I haven't watched Petra recently but results/scores are indicating same old, same old. Personally I'd like to see Sam get to the Final from the bottom, then Caro, then Petra.
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #1449
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame Kerber has regressed so much this year, she could have had pretty good chances at Wimby and at the USO tbh.
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #1450
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I honestly would like to see a Peak vs Peak Woz v Guest. The patches of the second set in Cinci where Caro played GOAT where really very enjoyable to watch. Admittedly I haven't watched Petra recently but results/scores are indicating same old, same old. Personally I'd like to see Sam get to the Final from the bottom, then Caro, then Petra.
Petra's been a little more promising this week in New Haven... her match against Pavlyuchenkova was quite high-quality, and she played very well yesterday. Though her match against Halep today will be a much bigger test obviously. I think IF she can somehow find her GOAT form, she'll have a chance against Aza even on a hardcourt. I figure she's going to have a breakthrough sooner or later, so why not now?

I wouldn't be totally opposed to Stosur winning if Petra or any of my other faves can't, and I wouldn't be totally shocked to see her make a deep run. Although (pettiness alert) it's always fun to see some of her irritating stans get their hopes crushed
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #1451
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Petra in that New Haven final

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #1452
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Yes. I was considering scratching out that sentence about Petra showing promising signs in New Haven and hoping noone ever saw it.
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #1453
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I've just checked out GM for a bit, including some Woz threads and that "Sharapova withdraws from USO" thread. What a load of childish bickering and BS in page after page after page after page. How some of you guys can spend so much time there is beyond me. And you still have the same members making the same fruitcake remarks/insults for the millionth time just like they did three or four years ago with the same moronic smilies to remind everyone else how witty they consider themselves to be. To call GM boring is an insult to boring.

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #1454
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Well, I think you'll see it there one more time. The only potentially dangerous opponent in her quarter is Sam Stosur. There's also Kvitova, but Kvitova hasn't been Kvitova in quite some time now. And in the semis she'll get Errani, Wozzy or Halep. Halep could potentially be the most dangerous of them because she's in the winning mood and as we know winning can become a habit just like losing can.

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #1455
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked the Maria thread for the first time since it broke, and it's appalling.