Jane Lane Lurks at USO 2K13 - Day 1: I watched Mandy/Sloane live...and lived! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 06:59 PM   #61
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jane Lane Lurks at USO 2K13 - Qualies Day 3: My first live MLDB experience! #dram

More great reports.

I didn't know I wanted to win that Mimi-Andrea match...sad to see both in qualies.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #62
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jane Lane Lurks at USO 2K13 - Qualies Day 3: My first live MLDB experience! #dram

Last day of qualies

Karatantcheva vs. Lucic-Baroni - first set

Lucic-Baroni served every ball to the Karatantcheva forehand, and why change a winning strategy? In at least three different games, Sesil got a lead when returning but Mirjana just served to the forehand and it immediately bailed her out. Sesil had a terrible serving day even by her standards; even though she managed to break once, she was almost always in trouble on serve & I counted like five DFs through her first three service games. They had a few long rallies, but Lucic just had too much power for Sesil. The forehand to forehand rallies went about as well as you'd expect.

Larcher de Brito vs. Baltacha

Considering the fact I had enough MLDB to last me 20 years yesterday, I really didn't stay long for this match. Stayed for a few games in the first set, and Baltacha was the one really dictating things. Serving huge too - in one game, she hit three aces in a row to hold. However, as the day went on, I could hear MLDB's grunts and desperate come ons from clear across the complex.

Elina Svitolina was here watching the match during the time I was there with her mom. I thought it was weird, especially considering that she beat MLDB from a set & 50 down in qualies here last year. She didn't seem like she had much of a rooting interest.

Koehler vs. Rogowska - first set

Not much to see about this, probably about as routine as it looked. MJK was the one dictating most of the rallies and was either hitting the winner or the error. When she would hit short, Rogowska occasionally had the chance to get on top of the point, but she was pretty harmless off the ground. Had heavy leg strapping for the second match in a row, but it really didn't look like it was hindering her too much.

Jovanovski was here watching this for a while, which I also thought was strange.

More to come...
Jane Lane is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #63
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Pervak vs. Dellacqua - second set

Not much to take from this really. Pervak was hitting a lot of errors, Casey was coming into net a bit. From what I saw though, Pervak just had a pretty bad day. The most amusing part of the match came when Dellacqua broke for *31 in the second set and this woman in front of me screamed, "Yes! Ugh, I have to leave; I can't stand her screaming!" about Pervak. Except Pervak was totally quiet today.

Giorgi vs. Cohen - whole match

So Court 10 was packed because this match was late in the day and because MERICA. Those poor souls had no idea what they were getting into. Utter decimation from Giorgi. She was hitting the ball so cleanly and she was even serving well. I actually only remember her having one DF. I mean, we all know Cohen is weaponless but Giorgi made her look even more weaponless; she didn't even have enough time to decide to moonball because Giorgi's shots were just rushing her so much. Camila was even serve and volleying and hitting drop shots successfully.

Cohen was typical Cohen. She took a bathroom break after the first set, was saying Come on when Camila hit an error or missed a first serve. Or after she won a point, she'd say Come on and then say it again while bouncing the ball to serve or waiting to return. Hilarious. Sometimes she just stood there and shrugged at some of Camila's outrageous winners.

After the match, Giorgi was mobbed by people looking for autographs and pictures. It was so crowded next to Court 10 you couldn't even see her. She was so confused. But she stopped and signed and took pictures with everyone, it was totally adorable.

Krunic vs. Chirico - whole match

My second Krunic match of the week was just as impressive as the first. I think Krunic really sensed how big of an opportunity she had with this draw, but she was pumped. She was hitting big on serve, got a bunch of free points (which shocked me ) and even hit back-to-back aces in one game. Chirico hit a few nice shots, but I really didn't see anything that wowed me; I don't know if there's much hype around her. I think she made the junior Wimbledon semis? Was a bit out of her depth in this match, but she was probably nervous too I guess.

Also, since I know y'all live for them, Engzell was hanging out at this match evaluating the umpire. I guess she didn't have to work a match today after aging 20 years courtesy of Larcher de Brito yesterday & doing a three set men's match like an hour later.

Chirico struggled to hit through the court, Krunic was a wall again. I also took note that Krunic used the BH slice a lot, which was not something she did in her first match. A decent crowd for the last match on court 10, and the only people who were clapping for Krunic were her camp; she made her own energy though. After two particularly tough holds, Krunic barked out a couple of Ajdes, the occasional Idemo, the usual.

Chirico hit a BH into the net on match point and Krunic crumpled to the ground in tears of joy. It was such a touching moment; you could really see how much it finally meant to her to make a GS main draw. She has a bigger team than I thought for someone at her ranking. Her coach, another guy, some woman (I don't know if it was her mother or a coach tbh) and Dusan Vemic were sitting right next to me so she came over and hugged all of them while still crying. I tried to take a video of match point but she was serving from the opposite side from where I was sitting; instead, I took this pic on my phone and it blew up on twitter; Petkovic even favorited my tweet

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #64
country flag Jane Lane

Re: Jane Lane Lurks at USO 2K13 - Day 4: DA LAST DAY...of Qualies.

Also stumbled upon Pennetta's, Minella's and & Beck's practices today. I have plenty of pics of those so I'll probably make the rounds to player forums with the rest & pics I took during qualies in general.

Mandy

Annika

Camila crashed Beck's practice and was just casually running laps while Annika was serving.

Flavia

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #65
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report Jane

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #66
country flag BineMachine

BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of BineMachine has much to be proud of

Giorgi

Garbine & Sabine
BineMachine is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #67
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

awesome reports

lav them, like you

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #68
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Jane Lane.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #69
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
Last day of qualies

Jovanovski was here watching this for a while, which I also thought was strange.

More to come...
Just be thankful she has already found her way to New York
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #70
country flag outofclass

outofclass is just really nice outofclass is just really nice outofclass is just really nice outofclass is just really nice outofclass is just really nice outofclass is just really nice outofclass is just really nice outofclass is just really nice outofclass is just really nice outofclass is just really nice outofclass is just really nice

I like your reports but You said tha Michelle was saying come on Vamos and Forza in Italian and another language i cant remember. You were wrong about Forza. In Portuguease there is the word Força wich is more appropriate in this case then vamos which is more used by the Spanish players and that has the same meaning in portuguease which is Lets go. Força means strength and is appropriate to demand power and stamina.
outofclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #71
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute

wish there are Grant DUan report

Muguruza Tsonga Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Thiem Krajinovic Rosol
Han Zhangs Zhou Wangs ZhengSS Yangs Zhu Tian XuSL Liu

Giorgi Jovanovski Bencic Konjuh Petkovic Wawrinka Pospisil Tang
Zvonareva Peng Mladenovic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Vekic Kulichikova
M.P is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #72
country flag Jane Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofclass View Post
I like your reports but You said tha Michelle was saying come on Vamos and Forza in Italian and another language i cant remember. You were wrong about Forza. In Portuguease there is the word Força wich is more appropriate in this case then vamos which is more used by the Spanish players and that has the same meaning in portuguease which is Lets go. Força means strength and is appropriate to demand power and stamina.
Hm, interesting. Good to know.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #73
country flag Jane Lane

Anybody have (outer court) requests for tomorrow? If I don't go to the match I'll at least take a pic.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #74
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Nice reports Jane. Absolutely delighted for Aleks. Nice to hear she is using the backhand slice quite a bit too.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 03:40 AM   #75
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Court 15 Puchy and Slava.

Last edited by King Halep : Aug 26th, 2013 at 03:46 AM.
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote