Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 317 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #4741
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

A Us Open grading scale for Caro:

1st round loss to Duan: F
2nd round loss to Scheepers or Simmonds: F
3rd round loss to Zakopalova: D
4th round loss to Vinci or Vesnina: C
Quarterfinal loss to Kuznetsova or Halep: C+
Quarterfinal loss to Errani: C
Semifinal loss to Kvitova or Azarenka: B or B+ depending on how the match goes
Final loss to Serena: A or A+ depending on how the match goes
Title: A+++
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #4742
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I wouldn't read too much into that. Don't forget that she's a bit under the weather.

No, I don't think she was that bad either. It was disappointing compared to yesterday, but it wasn't as awful as what we've seen earlier in the season. Still, it won't be enough against a lot of players. But Rome wasn't build in a day. Let's hope that she can build it in two weeks.
Yeah, I forgot about her being sick. I thought she might be folding against Knapp.
She probably had a little luck in set 1 vs Stephens, and a little bit off at the end of this set vs Halep.
But overall, Stephens, Halep, Kvitova is a difficult draw. One night you're slightly off, you lose.
Thats why draw is so important. If you can get by while below your best a couple of times, that makes a successful tournament much more likely
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #4743
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But if Caroline makes the QF the tournament is already a success for her, albeit a modest one. And Halep has to get there first. There's always a lot of speculating going on at the start of a slam, but we rarely get the matches that we expect. And if the Caroline of the Sloane match plays the Halep of today I think that Caroline has got a reasonable chance to win. That's still the unknown factor. Was the Caroline from yesterday just a one off, or will we now see that level from her on a more regular basis.
The thing is, and this maybe a controversial point of view around here. I don't think the Wozniacki of the Stephens match can play like that vs tonight's Halep. Stephens is very passive in a lot of points, she hits some flashy forehands (and she did this a lot to get the early lead), but she's not relentless at all, she gives you chances to play, which is what Caro wants. Stephens has a big reputation, but she's still very raw. Halep didn't give Caro as many chances as Stephens did.

We can sit here all we like and say yes this is a great opportunity for Caro. But all the big names in this quarter are thinking that. It is wide open, it's going to come down to who can play the best at the time.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:41 AM   #4744
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Panorama News ‏@TennisNewsTPN
Wozniacki: Halep forced her to play shots she didn't want to play. She tried to change the pace in 2nd set but nothing seemed to work

Wozniacki, when told its the first match she lost in New Haven in a full match: "Yeah, it sucks." (Smiles)

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #4745
country flag goldenlox

Possibly, if she makes that easy putaway at 30-30 in game 1, she's probably up 3-1 in set 1.
The end of set 2, there so many bad points. She just lost it mentally.

But her level of play was competitive. just too many key points near the net that she lost. get those 5 points on Caro's side and its a different match

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:51 AM   #4746
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are making it sound a lot better than it was goldenlox. In reality she was comprehensively outplayed pretty much from start to finish. It didn't feel as close as the scoreline suggests to me.
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #4747
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The thing is, and this maybe a controversial point of view around here. I don't think the Wozniacki of the Stephens match can play like that vs tonight's Halep. Stephens is very passive in a lot of points, she hits some flashy forehands (and she did this a lot to get the early lead), but she's not relentless at all, she gives you chances to play, which is what Caro wants. Stephens has a big reputation, but she's still very raw. Halep didn't give Caro as many chances as Stephens did.

We can sit here all we like and say yes this is a great opportunity for Caro. But all the big names in this quarter are thinking that. It is wide open, it's going to come down to who can play the best at the time.
Well, each match is a match she can lose for sure. She's vulnerable, VERY vulnerable, there's no doubt about it. But when I see that draw there's nobody there of who I think, "oh no, not her." They are all winnable matches until the semis. She has to take advantage of that. If she loses at the QF stage to Errani or Halep - ok, I'll be disappointed by it's acceptable. But if she loses before that.....I mean this is the draw of a lifetime.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #4748
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Who do you think is more imposing with their game: Halep or Zvonareva?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #4749
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Who do you think is more imposing with their game: Halep or Zvonareva?
Zvonareva. They play reasonably similar games, but of course Zvonareva was better in her prime than Halep is right now.
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #4750
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

It still very sad lost but I guess we have too move on too the U.S. Open I hoping for an Deep run there with the draw she has but u kinda never know with caro these day's sad too say, This was a good chance too win a title now her best chance I guess will be BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open which will nine time outta ten will be a tougher field. Only thing I kinda Like that Caro doing more of is going too the net and even through she struggle at time there I like too see her move forward and stepping in the baseline, that one of the reason Why I think she should play double for she can ge the extra practice in that area as well as getting more comfortable more forward. Anyway Have there been any recent news on her racket or coaching

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 05:58 AM   #4751
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
I think you are making it sound a lot better than it was goldenlox. In reality she was comprehensively outplayed pretty much from start to finish. It didn't feel as close as the scoreline suggests to me.
I dont think she was outplayed except after 2-2 set 1.
2nd set was very winnable.
This is New Haven, where she never lost, so it sounds bad that she lost to Halep. If it was Kvitova or Li it would sound better.
The end of that 2nd set is something her incompetent adidas team should study. She has to stop giving away big points.

Billie jean king says part of being great in tennis is to make good decisions. Losing key points on overheads near the net makes Caro look like she's never had any tennis coaching, ever

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #4752
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
A Us Open grading scale for Caro:

1st round loss to Duan: F
2nd round loss to Scheepers or Simmonds: F
3rd round loss to Zakopalova: D
4th round loss to Vinci or Vesnina: C
Quarterfinal loss to Kuznetsova or Halep: C+
Quarterfinal loss to Errani: C
Semifinal loss to Kvitova or Azarenka: B or B+ depending on how the match goes
Final loss to Serena: A or A+ depending on how the match goes
Title: A+++
You are tough with the grades, Protoss

R1, F
R2, D
R3, C
R4, B
QF, B+
SF, A-
F, A
W, A+

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #4753
country flag goldenlox

Caro has to focus on round 1.
But this draw is Bartoli-esque, and I think she will make the semis.
Vesnina could be tough, but you want to play her at a major. Toughest will be Errani or Halep, but again, at this major, you want to play either in a QF.

I wont be surprised if Caro makes her 2nd slam final here. Vika isnt playing well. She's no lock to be in that semi.

It looks bad, losing to Halep at her best tournament, but Halep has no slam results and a slam QF is a huge pressure match to a player like that.

So this draw is a dream, and Caro is playing as well as she had been in months. She beat Kvitova & Stephens. Halep match was a few key points, and little bit of giving up when she didnt break to win the second set

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #4754
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light

We should be grateful for Caro and her team for doing something positive in her game after two years… They deserve a lot of credit. Although I know she has a long way to go to be at par with Serena and Vika but the first step forward is the most important thing. She reached QF in Cinci, and Semis in New Haven. As I said it maybe a sign of omen or pattern for US OPEN it’s Final.
QF – Cinci
SF – New Haven
Final – US Open

It’s a sign!!! (Fingers crossed)
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #4755
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I wont be surprised if Caro makes her 2nd slam final here.
Are you ok, Golden? .. But ... Her winner odds, not just to reach the final, but actually win USO, are only 70-1 ... (80 lay).

Edit : The low odds must be a clear reflection of the (on paper) lucky draw. It's rare to see a QF player with tournament W odds above 20.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread