Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 96 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1426
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

So, you'd prefer Federer lose to Isner. I guess I get that.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 12:50 PM   #1427
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
So, you'd prefer Federer lose to Isner than Nadal? I don't get that.
Federer wont lose to Isner
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 01:01 PM   #1428
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't be do certain about that. Isner has been playing well this last month, and the serve is not the only thing clicking in his game. His forehead and work at net is the best I've ever seen it. But damn all that. Fedal quarters. And hell, their last match was semi close. Maybe Federer could pull it off.
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 01:03 PM   #1429
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

You never know. It could be shades of Sampras in 2002. Down and out with everyone writing him off then a fortnight of magic.
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 01:19 PM   #1430
country flag Icky80

Sorry for the Nadal-Federer pushing. I've been reading a lot of Fedal slash fic these last couple of days.

Novak is in a danger zone if he meets Delpo in the quarters. That needs to happen. That's probably the most entertaining match up after Novak-Nadal. A Murray-Nadal final has the potential of being drab. But it's been so long since we've seen that match-up. I can't help but want it.
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 02:09 PM   #1431
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
Federer wont lose to Isner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
I wouldn't be do certain about that. Isner has been playing well this last month, and the serve is not the only thing clicking in his game.
He's been playing well, but I don't think he would play so well after a 7-6/6-7/7-6/6-7/7-6 match against Nadal. That's Isner's problem really. He never has an easy match. Each match has tiebreak sets, often several of them. After a few rounds at a slam he's spend by the time he comes up against the top players.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 02:23 PM   #1432
country flag Icky80

I thought of mentioning that, but I didn't because it undermined my point.
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 02:35 PM   #1433
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

LOL at you guys, i see Fed losing before he gets to Nadal, as an Aussie I picked Tomic to beat him (hey you gotta take some risks, right?).

Also, Isner has been injured (so much so he withdrew from one of his best tournaments) so I picked him to lose before he got to Nadal too I'm pretty sure.
DelPo was another (even tho I like him) who I saw losing early.

I continued the fashion of random upsets from Wimbledon in my picks, so I tipped Berdych to get another win over Mugray, and for Gulbis to make the SFs and lose to Nadal. Novak to win it all too (would be kind of an upset against Nadal IMO considering the last few months...okay not an upset because when playing well Novak should get the better of Rafa on HC but you know what I mean).

For the women (and remember I was being bold) I picked a Serena-Aga and Vika-Caro SF lineup, and a Serena-Caro final

Bare with me, Caro has been playing pretty well and Vika has NOT. Caro was only a little bit away from turning their Cincy match around and the USO courts favour her even more, so I don't see why she couldn't do it. That plus it's the people with bold picks who get rewarded in tipping so YOLO. Also picked Errani to lose like R2 or whatever.
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 03:14 PM   #1434
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post

For the women (and remember I was being bold) I picked a Serena-Aga and Vika-Caro SF lineup, and a Serena-Caro final

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 03:23 PM   #1435
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I can Sam making the SF tbh.
But yes, it's a good chance for Caro certainly and I hope she makes the most of it.

I honestly think the suddenness of Maria's injury might help the casual fan in me. I've become too invested to just abandon it until she comes back, although how long the sentiment will last for I'm not sure. I might get more into the ATP too. Stanning for Maria just consumes so much time Rafa often gets neglected but I'll correct that at least.

Last edited by jameshazza : Aug 23rd, 2013 at 03:30 PM.
jameshazza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 04:50 PM   #1436
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't even glanced at the draws I've just been so miserable since the Maria withdrawal

I'm just gonna show up to the Open next weekend and be surprised by who's still playing
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 05:08 PM   #1437
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor has Novak in R3 right? He always seems to get tough draws at slams. Do we think Maria will be at any of his matches, or is she off in Phoenix rehabbing, or something?
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 10:43 PM   #1438
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

TBH I dont see her sticking around. She may come back for fashion week but thats about it.
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #1439
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Grigor has Novak in R3 right? He always seems to get tough draws at slams. Do we think Maria will be at any of his matches, or is she off in Phoenix rehabbing, or something?
I might get to see that match
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #1440
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Serena - Petra final for me. I know, Petra's a head case, but I think she'll peak for the last slam
ATP wise, it's simply too predictable for Rafa so either Novak - Rafa or Murray - Rafa (possibly a shock appearance from Berdych/Del Potro) It's too tough IMO for Andy to defend his title, and I think the difficult draw for Novak will actually help him going through the tournament. I fully expect Roger to make QFs, and if he plays Rafa the way he did in Cincy in that first set, then there's no reason why he couldn't take him out. A lot of people are counting him out, you know with his 5 USO titles
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote