Au Revior Marion: Marion announces her retirement. Also a appreciation thread for her - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #46
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Au Revior Marion: Marion announces her retirement. Also a appreciation thread for

I always enjoyed watching her play tennis even if she didn't often get to the latter stages of every single tournament. But she always worked hard for it and in the end it payed off with a Wimbledon title just before her retirement! A nice career.
heavyhorse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #47
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Au Revior Marion: Marion announces her retirement. Also a appreciation thread for

I believe she will make a comeback!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.

My Twitter
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #48
country flag jbaker19

jbaker19 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think she would've continued playing if she didn't win Wimbledon. After her victory there, nothing more she could've done would've made her happier, so she was satisfied enough to call it quits.
jbaker19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #49
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still pretty sad about this. It doesn't seem real. At the USO it will feel even worse.

I wanted to thank all her fans here as well for following with her and making this place such a good forum for discussion. It does feel like all of us followed her career and we lived every match with her...So many times we were devastated when she lost and so happy when she won. I guess we will have those amazing memories but thank you all for that.
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #50
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
I don' t know if it's a good new, but Marion has decided to keep her WTA ranking until the end of the year and will still fulfill whereabouts. Yesterday, she ate with Mladenovic's family and commented Vika-Caro tie on ESPN3.

Last edited by Lighter : Aug 17th, 2013 at 10:34 AM.
Lighter is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #51
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

^^That's smart. Just in case she wants to come back
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #52
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

For people who are now in France or for those who can see France Télévisions, Marion will be guest during Stade2 from 5:30 - 6 pm this evening.

On France2
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #53
country flag Lighter

Marion explained that she feels great now. She got tears in eyes when she saw her dad in Switzerland with a journalist the day after her decision. Momo is still disappointed. I must see this program again in order to a better opinion.
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #54
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Marion bartoli ‏@bartoli_marion
Very thrilled to announce I will be part of the @Eurosport team for this @usopen commentating in english and french!!@Babsschett @mwilander
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 12:21 PM   #55
country flag Lighter

Marion's post pro tennis life in l'équipe street edition tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/bartoli_marion/s...75499846176358
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 06:30 PM   #56
country flag Lighter

Marion is going to organize a press conference next sunday. If someone has yet an idea about what she's going to announce, he's welcome.

What to expect :
- a comeback ?
- pregnancy ?
- to be more clear about reasons of retirement ?
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #57
country flag TheJoh

TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
Marion is going to organize a press conference next sunday. If someone has yet an idea about what she's going to announce, he's welcome.

What to expect :
- a comeback ?
- pregnancy ?
- to be more clear about reasons of retirement ?
Hope about comeback in 2014
[68]Singles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', 50k Burnie 14', 50k Limoges 13'
[69]Doubles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', WTA 's-Hertogenbosch 14', 50k Osprey 14', WTA Auckland 14', 25k Westende-Middelkerke 13', 25k Koksijde 13'(all with Cheda 16.17)
TheJoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #58
country flag Lighter

Marion has put a copy of the article on twitter. She explains that her 1st feeling of retirement was after she won 1st set vs lauren davis. Her feet and her shoulder were so painful that she stated in her mind : "What's the fuck i'm doing here ?"

She seems very happy now, visiting museum and central park, watching matchs....imo, no chance for a comeback. She hopes to be in marseille, september 10th at soccer match and will be on vacations with friends in maldives in November. So no pregnancy.

Press conference will probably be the place for more explanations about the retirement.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #59
country flag Silasbarter

Silasbarter is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Lighter
Silasbarter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #60
country flag Lighter

My feeling is that her schedule is fullfilled now. But what's about september and october ? Imo, she will visit family and friends, will rest at home. Will she miss pro tennis at this moment ? Nobody knows, even her.

Some young hopes already asked her some advices like corsican clothilde de bernardi. But she said she's not patient enough to be a coach. She also explained that a hope needs to have something mentally very special very soon in order to be competitive. Her desire to work hard around 11/12 yrs old in bad conditions made good background for futur.

We wait for more information during press conference.
Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App