US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5 - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:09 PM   #241
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

I still am in shock when I think about this news. We've only seen Maria play 3 matches after RG and we will not probably see her play again until next year , 2008-2009 vibes all over again

I am expecting a news where she takes the rest of the year off and I think that she should, I don't want her to risk anything with the injury. I have this fear that when she'll come back she'll have to go through the same process she went through in 2009 with the serving woes and all and that must be devastating for her, but I have faith in her.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:09 PM   #242
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I'm sure we've done this atleast a few times before
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:23 PM   #243
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all

Just numb right now. I hope she can come back strong, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's serious and she decides to call it a career.

But thanks, Maria. I got almost three full years as an obsessive fan (from USO 2010 onward) because of you. For all the times I raged about the WTF losses that I got up in the middle of the night to watch, I will never forget the FO final and the excitement the moment you lifted the Coupe Suzanne Lenglen.

To the Masha fans, take care. Best of luck to all of you in your real life.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:24 PM   #244
country flag Craig.
My girl

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I'm sure we've done this atleast a few times before
There was no "liking Vika" in the past though. Shit's gotten real
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:24 PM   #245
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

From early 2012 up until this year's French Open, where Maria was playing her best, most consistent tennis since her surgery, I was really enjoying watching Maria play tennis more than any point in her career. I have to admit that during that 2004-2008 period, I took her for granted a bit. There were a number of lesser tournaments that I didn't pay attention to because my mindset was that she was so young and there would be many more times playing these other tourneys and I was really going to just concentrate on the big ones.

The surgery reminded me of how fragile and brief a tennis career can be and that I should have been more attentive to Maria's work when I had the chance. So I made up my mind that if she were to come back and play at a championship level again, I would make a concerted effort to follow her closely from tournament to tournament. Obviously, those first few years when she came back were tough and painful to watch at long stretches and you wondered if she would ever get back on top. But I still kept pulling for her.

And when things started to come together in 2012, I was really savoring every match and every tournament. Even with the hard losses to Serena and Vika, it was so exciting to see her find that consistency and be a top 3 player and continually put herself into semis and finals just like her early years. I think one of the reasons I've been tough on her after matches when she didn't play well or lost was because I viewed each match and each tournament as very precious at this point in her career. I definitely was spooked by that first surgery and ever since, it's been in the back of my mind the problems could resurface and it was important for Maria to take advantage of every moment she had where she was playing well and relatively healthy. That's why each loss and each missed opportunity to win another title for the past year and a half hurt even more than usual. In my mind, her career clock was always ticking.

So I try to replay those moments from the past 18 months, the 2012 clay season, that French, carrying the flag in London, getting the silver, reaching the WTA title match, her IW/Miami finals double this year, and other little moments. I can be happy that I savored every minute I could and did it the right way this time as a fan and missed nothing important.

Now, if she does come back and plays again at a high level, it goes without saying how thrilling that would be. But before she could even get to that point, there's going to be a large chunk of time missed yet again that she can't get back. More of her career is being taken from her. So as much you want to be as positive as possible about her prospects, it's hard not to feel a little empty, frustrated, and robbed.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:28 PM   #246
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

I'm still shocked they haven't done a press conference...maybe they're waiting till just before The Open to give someone the exclusive or something...
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:31 PM   #247
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerM View Post
But thanks, Maria. I got more than four years as an obsessive fan (from may 2009 onward) because of you. For all the times I raged about the WTF losses that I got up in the middle of the night to watch, I will never forget the FO final and the excitement the moment you lifted the Coupe Suzanne Lenglen.
So true. I love her so much and I'll love her forever. BUT, this is not the end!

2004 2006 2008 2012

Giorgi
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:38 PM   #248
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Now, if she does come back and plays again at a high level, it goes without saying how thrilling that would be. But before she could even get to that point, there's going to be a large chunk of time missed yet again that she can't get back. More of her career is being taken from her. So as much you want to be as positive as possible about her prospects, it's hard not to feel a little empty, frustrated, and robbed.
Totally agree.

2004 2006 2008 2012

Giorgi
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:40 PM   #249
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all

Yep, echo what others have said about her career being taken away from her. If she does choose to come back, I will try to be less emotional about her losses. I think going through this (if she does come back) will hopefully help make me more peaceful about her future matches (if there are any). All right, going to stop writing because I'm just putting myself in a funk right now.

Also, really hoping for a total random to win USO on the women's side now - if Maria can't have it, don't really care for anyone else to get it. Petra or Goerges can win it and I'd be fine, but I'm not delusional so yeah.

Last edited by BadgerM : Aug 22nd, 2013 at 09:48 PM.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 10:38 PM   #250
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
Everything makes sense now.
They knew it since Wimbledon, knew its gonna be long break most likely. Hoggy's leave was so sudden, but there was no point keeping him around. Maybe he is still paid by her and they'll keep continue once she can come back.
A very light schedule until USO was doing no harm i guess. Then hiring & firing Connors was perfect for exploiting media. He played the muppet well.

I cant blame them using this ~2 months for business purposes. Thats in your sugarcontract when you sign up being pova stan. Take it or leave it.

The thing thats more infuriating is giving fake hope, spamming twitter/fb with all the training & gym pics & whatever every day and night. Thats the knife twisting at the moment. Go post about your hipster art collection or Justin Bieber all i care, but using fans this way was really really nasty.
That was so not cool.

I'd donate my shoudler if it wasnt a painfull mess also. Come back stronger, babe.
Unbelievable post, babe. Harsh but true. You won't blame them for the media exploits this summer but others will. It really is a game to them. It's their IMG way of life. As far as Pova goes I wish her a full recovery but I am sure there is more damage in her right shoulder than they are saying or know at this point. Maria has been through so much and her recovery from shoulder surgery has been the best in the history of tennis. If she does come back I hope she finally hires a serve coach. But I doubt she will.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 10:38 PM   #251
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Maria. Heart breaking news.

That damned shoulder again

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 11:11 PM   #252
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Makes me so angry when I think of the slams she could've won in the time that the shoulder injury and recovery erased, and now it's happening again.

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 11:46 PM   #253
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Devastated she's not playing the US Open.

Can't believe is the shoulder again.

She shouldn't have played Cincinnati. Couldn't stand that loss to Sloane at all...

Now that she'll probably be out the rest of the year it hurts even more.

Maria

Please take all the time that you need.

Even if that means not seeing you for a while.

But your health and well-being is what matters above everything.

Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 11:56 PM   #254
country flag istase2000

istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all

This is so sad, but at the same time if we want any chance of seeing her play again she has to take this break.
*group hug*
istase2000 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 12:19 AM   #255
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Well, I just hope she takes the time off until the start of the next season. As much as it would hurt to not watch her play until then, it would hurt more to watch her struggle and damage the shoulder even more by coming back too soon. I just re-watched that French Open ceremony, and even if this is the beginning of an end for Maria, it was a swan song and one of the greatest comebacks in the history of tennis. And I, and I'm sure all of you too, will stand by her until the music stops playing

That being said, I totally expect us to be exaggerating and for her to be back to slay by the beginning of 2014

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote