US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5 - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 02:10 PM   #226
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

this shoulder thing isa nightmare , i must admit that i feel like 2008 all over again ( god forbid !!! ) ; she was streching her shoulder sometime during matches since the french and i was always trying to not imagine the worst scenario ; lets hope this is not serious , maria is a fighter and also a wise athlete she knows the best way to listen to her body ; lets all pray this is ain't serious

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 02:23 PM   #227
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Well it's inflammation surrounding the area, so thankfully it's not a tear. Ofc if she'd continued to play a muscle tear would've been inevitable. What's positive is, she's much more clued up on this condition now, and the rehab should work to relieve the pain. She might need to have surgery again to repair the already damaged areas, but I have no doubt she'll be back on court. She's too much of a fighter. And from the sounds of things it's not as serious as 2008 so I'm still hopeful
But they thought it was just inflammation in 2008 at first. The problem is that bursitis/inflammation can often be a symptom of something more serious. And tbh, she was pretty foolish getting cortisone shots again, because even if they can relieve pain in the short-term they can weaken the shoulder overall and make a tear more likely (probably one of the contributing factors last time). I hope Maria and her team are really getting multiple opinions from various doctors to avoid being misdiagnosed like last time, even if it means the risk of getting uncomfortable answers.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 02:40 PM   #228
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
But they thought it was just inflammation in 2008 at first. The problem is that bursitis/inflammation can often be a symptom of something more serious. And tbh, she was pretty foolish getting cortisone shots again, because even if they can relieve pain in the short-term they can weaken the shoulder overall and make a tear more likely (probably one of the contributing factors last time). I hope Maria and her team are really getting multiple opinions from various doctors to avoid being misdiagnosed like last time, even if it means the risk of getting uncomfortable answers.
Oh, boy, I wish I didn't read this
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 03:51 PM   #229
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
I really hope you are right. She will be back surely. But when and after what? She didn't mention any 3-4 months, just a few weeks, so maybe she will show up at YEC?... But if that new injury requires some surgery, then I just don't know, I even can't think of the option she may retire soon. I am just not so ready. God, let us avoid that.
And I got used to this forum for all this time, it will be painful to see this place dying. Maria, please hold and fight!
If she takes it easy it will probably heal fairly quickly. The moment of truth will come when she starts playing again, but my uneducated guess is that she'll be ok. In a way I fear the psychological damage even more than the physical one. If she's still insecure about it it may result in a return of DF-pova.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 04:18 PM   #230
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
If she takes it easy it will probably heal fairly quickly. The moment of truth will come when she starts playing again, but my uneducated guess is that she'll be ok. In a way I fear the psychological damage even more than the physical one. If she's still insecure about it it may result in a return of DF-pova.
Yep. Even if it fully heals it'll take some time to regain the confidence, which she took 2 full years to attain last time round. But think of it this way, with experience last time round, she may just be more adept in terms of handling expectations and fluctuations in her game.

I'm so thankful that she didn't win Gold last year though, I believe she has her sights set on Rio 2016 and retirement before that is impossible.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM   #231
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Everything makes sense now.
They knew it since Wimbledon, knew its gonna be long break most likely. Hoggy's leave was so sudden, but there was no point keeping him around. Maybe he is still paid by her and they'll keep continue once she can come back.
A very light schedule until USO was doing no harm i guess. Then hiring & firing Connors was perfect for exploiting media. He played the muppet well.

I cant blame them using this ~2 months for business purposes. Thats in your sugarcontract when you sign up being pova stan. Take it or leave it.

The thing thats more infuriating is giving fake hope, spamming twitter/fb with all the training & gym pics & whatever every day and night. Thats the knife twisting at the moment. Go post about your hipster art collection or Justin Bieber all i care, but using fans this way was really really nasty.
That was so not cool.

I'd donate my shoudler if it wasnt a painfull mess also. Come back stronger, babe.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 04:37 PM   #232
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else glad Martha isn't part of the USO after seeing the draw?
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 04:43 PM   #233
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Anyone else glad Martha isn't part of the USO after seeing the draw?
Honestly, the draw is one big joke. Not to sound disrespectful, but Errani-Woz quarter? It's just too much for me Serena-Kerber (I can't understand how she's still in the top 10 after being literally invisible this year). The only prospect to look forward to, and just for the sake of names, is Petra-Vika, but I completely expect Petra to play a couple of shitty three setters and bomb out before that quarterfinal. The only remotely legit projected QF is Radwanska-Li.

Oh, and another Fed-Nadal QF while at the same time we have Ferrer-Gasquet? I just can't

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 05:05 PM   #234
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline's draw is a dream. I'm afraid that she'll fuck it up though.

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 05:19 PM   #235
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
Everything makes sense now.
They knew it since Wimbledon, knew its gonna be long break most likely. Hoggy's leave was so sudden, but there was no point keeping him around. Maybe he is still paid by her and they'll keep continue once she can come back.
A very light schedule until USO was doing no harm i guess. Then hiring & firing Connors was perfect for exploiting media. He played the muppet well.

I cant blame them using this ~2 months for business purposes. Thats in your sugarcontract when you sign up being pova stan. Take it or leave it.

The thing thats more infuriating is giving fake hope, spamming twitter/fb with all the training & gym pics & whatever every day and night. Thats the knife twisting at the moment. Go post about your hipster art collection or Justin Bieber all i care, but using fans this way was really really nasty.
That was so not cool.

I'd donate my shoudler if it wasnt a painfull mess also. Come back stronger, babe.
That was her denial emanating itself.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 06:03 PM   #236
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Caroline's draw is a dream. I'm afraid that she'll fuck it up though.
im rooting for caro to win her first slam !

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 06:16 PM   #237
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha122 View Post
im rooting for caro to win her first slam !
Cool. I think that's beyond her considering how she's been struggling recently though. But a SF should be possible and anything less than a QF would be a huge disappointment with that draw as far as I'm concerned. Winning the entire thing - it would be a dream, but I don't even dare to think that it's possible.

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 06:30 PM   #238
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, I feel so left out with all the excitement in GM about the draw, I just don't even have any interest in looking at the draw (yet)

Strangely, I actually feel Sveta has the best chance of my faves of winning Assuming Petra and Pavs don't have a chance. Much as I like Vika, I am way too petty to be happy about the prospect of her getting within 1 title of the Queen's Slam count.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 06:35 PM   #239
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Gosh, I feel so left out with all the excitement in GM about the draw, I just don't even have any interest in looking at the draw (yet)

Strangely, I actually feel Sveta has the best chance of my faves of winning Assuming Petra and Pavs don't have a chance. Much as I like Vika, I am way too petty to be happy about the prospect of her getting within 1 title of the Queen's Slam count.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 06:53 PM   #240
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehellenia. View Post
That was her denial emanating itself.
She better lost that for good.