US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5 - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:23 AM   #196
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

I can't deal with this forum. This really could be the end and they're STILL doing the most in GM.

Unbelievable, I need to log out or I'll get banned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:29 AM   #197
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Worst news to wake up to

It does make a lot of the last few months make sense - maybe when it happened, it was the impetus to go separate ways with Thomas? I don't believe he'd abandon her like that, but maybe she told him that it was fine for him go. As others have said, struggling with it explains her erratic behaviour, and you could even suggest that it was why she gave no fucks about calling Serena out before Wimbledon. Maybe the Sugarpova stunt was because she knew she wouldn't be playing the USO, but still wanted to ensure she got some Sugarpova publicity.

Looks like the rest of the season is a write-off. It's funny, I've been saying that for a while, but in terms of her form, not this... a right shoulder injury is the worst nightmare of us all. The question is, will it be the same as last time? Having to scrape and struggle her way back to the top, never really being the same again? Does she have the grit and motivation to do that? I believe she does, but if she doesn't, then I don't think anyone can blame her. It's going to be a stressful couple of months.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:36 AM   #198
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing this piece of information made me sick.
Hopefully, she goes to Phoenix and spends the next 2-3 months there doing rehab. She'd better return in March instead of playing AO and after that she must remodel her schedule and make it more compact( 10 tournaments with break around).
I refuse to believe this is the end and I reckon Maria feels the same as well.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:40 AM   #199
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Which tournaments, in the future? The four slams, obviously, YEC if she qualifies, Stuttgart because of Porsche, Rome, Cincy/Rogers Cup, Beijing and Indian Wells/Miami? Though I can't see her wanting to miss either of the last two, so maybe scratch Beijing off, but even then it's the proximity of them to each other that is worrying. Madrid can take a hike for all I care.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:43 AM   #200
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

It's not yet definitely the end, but it could well be.

She's already been rehabbing and doing the cortisone since RG and all to no avail, I feel another surgery is inevitable. I just can't see how rehab is enough, it wasn't enough last time. But perhaps Svetlio is right, maybe 4-6 months of rehab will sort it.

I do believe even if it happens she can still come back. But if it does she will have to be much smarter and not even play in 2014. Her ridiculously early comeback last time added a lot of time to the struggle, she would need to have her serve and ground strokes intact if she was to attempt it again.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:39 AM   #201
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Maria will make another push, that's for sure. She is too much of a stubborn bitch and in this case that's a great quality to have. People say Venus has the Rio Olympics in mind, however, it is so much more true for Maria. Funnily enough, she is like Dementieva in that regard, it will mean the world to her to get a gold medal and listen to the anthem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
^^ Which tournaments, in the future? The four slams, obviously, YEC if she qualifies, Stuttgart because of Porsche, Rome, Cincy/Rogers Cup, Beijing and Indian Wells/Miami? Though I can't see her wanting to miss either of the last two, so maybe scratch Beijing off, but even then it's the proximity of them to each other that is worrying. Madrid can take a hike for all I care.
Never play back to back weeks again bar the Slams and IW-Miami(maybe skip one of them), never do the Asian swing ever again, forget about Madrid and the Doha/Dubai double.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:45 AM   #202
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehellenia. View Post
Maria will make another push, that's for sure. She is too much of a stubborn bitch and in this case that's a great quality to have. People say Venus has the Rio Olympics in mind, however, it is so much more true for Maria. Funnily enough, she is like Dementieva in that regard, it will mean the world to her to get a gold medal and listen to the anthem.

Never play back to back weeks again bar the Slams and IW-Miami(maybe skip one of them), never do the Asian swing ever again, forget about Madrid and the Doha/Dubai double.
True.
I was just thinking about that. Rio will certainly be more than enough incentive for her.
I hope she just learns from the mistakes she made last time and also that it doesn't take as much out of her mentally.

I also agree completely with your scheduling proposals.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:50 AM   #203
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I just cannot believe this news. We went from hiring Connors and being all excited to dumping him after just one match to posting non stop pictures of her training days, to this .

What the heck is going on with her lately? Seriously.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:57 AM   #204
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
True.
I was just thinking about that. Rio will certainly be more than enough incentive for her.
But who can guarantee she'll get a medal?? New players are coming, Serena will be a complete destroyer for at least 3-4 years more imo. I hope she still has a lot of motivation.
But to be honest, I would prefer her to retire at 28, 29 and at the time still playing relatively good, than to see another Venus story.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:57 AM   #205
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:07 AM   #206
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I am speechless really , and I am afraid as well. I just don't want this to be the end . I have no idea if she'll be willing to put with all this again, considering her tough 2009-2011 seasons . I just hope she still wants this and the injury is not as serious as the first time, cause otherwise I think this could be the end .

Now it all makes sense, her withdrawing from Stanford and Toronto, dumping Connors, maybe Thomas knew about this all along and that's why they decided to part ways .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:10 AM   #207
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

read ur comments make me feel worse, hopefully Maria will update her injury week after week for us
The dog days are come again
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:11 AM   #208
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Is this board gonna be dead like from September?
Granted I rarely post in here anyway
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:12 AM   #209
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Its pretty devastating news. I really hope this is not as serious as the last issue. I have barely been watching any tennis and I doubt I will watch much of the rest of the season. I probs wont be posting that much as a result but will try and keep up to date with what is happening. Its just so unexpected. I really didnt see this coming at all.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:12 AM   #210
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I agree, but I'm more worried about Maria than about that bunch of cocksuckers at GM.
i know i'm too, but i hope that she will be fine... better to rest and heal properly than cause worse injury...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
Is sure she won't play for the rest of the year. In her official web site is a 2013 summary in the calendar section and no next tournament...
i think if she will be ready that she will at least try to play one match at WTA Finals, just to see if she can.. if she will feel okay, if not better to skip that too and take rest of season for herself..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
I can't deal with this forum. This really could be the end and they're STILL doing the most in GM.

Unbelievable, I need to log out or I'll get banned.
+ 1

so much hate and poison

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote