Maria Withdraws from the 2013 USO - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:36 AM   #1
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute
Maria Withdraws from the 2013 USO

Wow! Maria just withdrew from the USO due to shoulder injury. Bummer.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:39 AM   #2
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria Withdraws from the 2013 USO

Right shoulder problems. A damn shame. How much more shoulder pain can she put up with? Not much more I would think. I wonder if Pova is thinking that she has accomplished alot and why put up with the pain and bad serving in big matches? I couldn't blame her if she did. Maria has already made the best comeback from serving shoulder surgery in tennis history. It's clear her right shoulder will always be a problem. How much more can she put up with?

I still expect her to be at the U.S. Open to push her brand and root on her boy toy. But her career is in jeopardy due to her never healthy right shoulder. No doubt about it.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 04:37 AM   #3
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Very sad news....I hope this is not another career-threatening thing.....
Get well soon Maria.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 06:13 AM   #4
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Omg, can it get any worse? Why now, why shoulder.
I want her to compete so much and to be healthy ofcourse.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:02 AM   #5
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

The year is officially over.

I hope it's nothing serious.
Anything regarding the shoulder makes me nervous.

Get better Maria!

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:14 AM   #6
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

fuck fuck fuck!

It's not even about missing the US Open. Every player has to skip a major here and there in their career. It's about hoping the problem with her shoulder is not longstanding. Please please let this be a momentary hold-up.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:57 AM   #7
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I'm not at all an expert, however I would say that a bursitis should be less serious than the tear she had 5 years ago (that long ago already ?). Nevertheless, Maria better be careful, she's not a young kid any more and the physical demands of world class competition are ever more intense.
I really hope that she can recover well and stay healthy thereafter 'cause I badly need to see her winning more tournaments.....
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:59 AM   #8
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

That's really sad news I was reading it on my timeline and couldn't believe it was happening I hope it's only a minor trauma and she will just need some time off and rehab. Hopefully she'll be back for next year but the fact it's the shoulder again is troublesome and I don't know what to think. If it's a reoccurring issue I don't know if Maria will have the some motivation and if she can do this all again after all the time and effort it took last time. I just don't know, it's really sad after the amazing 2012 and all the improvements that she has to go through this again. I just hope she is OK and we see her on the tennis courts next year with the some drive and motivation as always.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:12 AM   #9
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear .

Maria's had a good run with her shoulder since the surgery and it would be a shame for problems to start happening again now .
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 10:49 PM   #10
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

According to Renee Stubbs, Maria is expected to be out of commission four months, so she is done for the year. Again, BUMMER.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 11:08 PM   #11
country flag MAERSK

MAERSK is a name known to all MAERSK is a name known to all MAERSK is a name known to all MAERSK is a name known to all MAERSK is a name known to all MAERSK is a name known to all MAERSK is a name known to all MAERSK is a name known to all MAERSK is a name known to all MAERSK is a name known to all MAERSK is a name known to all

Awww I was actually looking forward to this even though it probably wasn't going to end well with all the recent news and all. Oh well. Rest up Masha and practice practice practice!
MAERSK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 01:35 AM   #12
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

i hope this shoulder thing doesnt fuck up her semi sporadic trend of winning grandslams every even-numbered year. she's due for atleast one next year. and i simply cant accept her being sidelined in the aussie open next year
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 01:58 AM   #13
carling

Of course, we may still see a lot of Maria at the USO as she'll be the ultimate tennis WAG at Grigor's matches. Cameras will be trained on her every move in the stands that's for damn sure!