US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5 - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:20 AM   #136
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

I can't believe this...and to think this year started with such promise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:21 AM   #137
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
so all those mysterious retirements from US Open series events make sense now...and like always, Maria and her team just try to brush this off and keep it in secret until the last moment
Well, there were rumours that she was having some problems with the shoulder. But I ignored all that because you know how it is. There are always rumours of all kinds about all players and 95% of it always turns out to be BS. Unfortunately this was one of the exceptions.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:21 AM   #138
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

It's 2:21 am and i can't go to sleep knowing this
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:22 AM   #139
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I just don't get it. If "her shoulder hurt to the degree that she was unable to practice her serve at all in her first two weeks of practice with now ex-coach Jimmy Connors", how could she serve normally in her match against Sloane? And how could she decide to play if she had already had pain at that time? And if she is really injured at the moment, why did she still practice, go to the gym, and wait until now to make the withdrawal announcement? You know, it's her right shoulder, so if she knew it got injured during June, she would try to recover it and withdraw everything. But she still came here, practiced, and even acted normally yesterday in her Sugarpova's event, said that "it's the last GS, so I'm excited and want to prepare well for it blahblahblah". I really don't get it. This is really weird.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:23 AM   #140
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

The dog days are coming to SharaFamily. Some rumours in Twitter
said that Maria may need to
take a break for a long time to recorver
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#108.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:24 AM   #141
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

She was advised not to play Cincinnati.

And to think we were worried about the lack of match-play
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:25 AM   #142
country flag TheShowMustGoOn
Erm...

TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice

Quote:
Some members of Sharapova's camp think it could take her another two to three months to fully heal, which puts her at risk for the upcoming Asian swing and the WTA Championships.
Being a Rafa and Maria fan is so fucking fun sometimes.

'08 - '12 - '04 - '06

TheShowMustGoOn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:25 AM   #143
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
I just don't get it. If "her shoulder hurt to the degree that she was unable to practice her serve at all in her first two weeks of practice with now ex-coach Jimmy Connors", how could she serve normally in her match against Sloane? And how could she decide to play if she had already had pain at that time? And if she is really injured at the moment, why did she still practice, go to the gym, and wait until now to make the withdrawal announcement? You know, it's her right shoulder, so if she knew it got injured during June, she would try to recover it and withdraw everything. But she still came here, practiced, and even acted normally yesterday in her Sugarpova's event. I really don't get it. This is really weird.
this is what I can't grasp either...surely, her and her team are smart enough not to stress the shoulder if the problem persists?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:28 AM   #144
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Apparently she'll be posting something "detailed" on Facebook soon.

Super-pessimistic, but I'm really fearing what she's going to say...
Could be. It makes me re-evaluate the recent goings on in camp Sharapova. Firing Connors after one match? Not normal unless she knows there won't be any other matches. The changing her name to Sugarpova hoax? A publicity stunt to launch her new career away from tennis?.........But perhaps I'm far too pessimistic here.....Let's hope so.....

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:29 AM   #145
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Guys, I am so devastated and scared. Not playing until AO 14? It means that something serious bothers her shoulder....but all these practice pics? Her statements? I don't understand...and we just have no time for another shoulder comeback, she is 26...damn, why is it happening again? It feels so surreal.

It seems now we have the answer why she broke with Connors.
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:32 AM   #146
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Could be. It makes me re-evaluate the recent goings on in camp Sharapova. Firing Connors after one match? Not normal unless she knows there won't be any other matches. The changing her name to Sugarpova hoax? A publicity stunt to launch her new career away from tennis?.........But perhaps I'm far too pessimistic here.....Let's hope so.....
I thought something very funny was up when she said they were still close friends and alluded to him possibly coaching her again later in her career, you can see her saying this in the Sugarpova interviews in Video thread.

dsanders, where you get the info she's posting a fbook status? Although she normally does after withdrawals.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:37 AM   #147
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

stay calm bitches.. lets hear her official statement

and about posting practice pic, she probably tried to get better and not worrying fans why she is not practicing and maybe she was a bit delusional to herself that everything will be fine..she kept that secret, and probably tried everything to recover.. she is closed person who doesn't speak or complain until last minute..

i hope that she will take enough time off to heal the shoulder , to regroup herself and comeback...

i wish her best..

and stay calm and positive #sharafamily

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:38 AM   #148
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

She also said: "I expect to play lots of matches in New York.".....I mean
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:39 AM   #149
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post

dsanders, where you get the info she's posting a fbook status? Although she normally does after withdrawals.
Basing it on this post in GM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsi View Post
Love all the armchair doctors here. The USTA said that Maria is posting a Facebook post later on tonight, let's wait for that?
Although I've just tried finding it in the official USTA statement (on their site) and can't see where they see it.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:40 AM   #150
country flag eton12

eton12 is just really nice eton12 is just really nice eton12 is just really nice eton12 is just really nice eton12 is just really nice eton12 is just really nice eton12 is just really nice eton12 is just really nice eton12 is just really nice eton12 is just really nice eton12 is just really nice

@USTA_TimCurry
I was told that Maria may be posting a statement to her fans on her Facebook page later tonight regarding her @usopen withdrawal.
eton12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote