US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5 - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:49 AM   #121
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
well, at least this shoulder condition should go away pretty soon if we believe in ozza's words and people who have had it in the past...although Maria might as well take the rest of the year off now, since YEC is a worthless competition anyway to begin with. Her being fresh and ready for AO 2014 is a goal now
Even if it goes away quickly it's still scary. If she never had a shoulder injury I wouldn't be as worried, but I don't know this really is sitting well with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:50 AM   #122
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really scared to. I don't think this is the end, but it could spell the beginning of it. Sorry to be all doom and gloom but it's true.

I guess we always knew it would never hold up for the rest of her career. She really does need to scrap the season though. If not it could require surgery again. At least if she does that it can delay it going again.

And don't get me started on the posts in GM, I was on the verge of tears entering the thread and to see some people are so hateful. Truly sickening crowd there.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:54 AM   #123
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
I'm really scared to. I don't think this is the end, but it could spell the beginning of it. Sorry to be all doom and gloom but it's true.

I guess we always knew it would never hold up for the rest of her career. She really does need to scrap the season though. If not it could require surgery again. At least if she does that it can delay it going again.

And don't get me started on the posts in GM, I was on the verge of tears entering the thread and to see some people are so hateful. Truly sickening crowd there.
My mom and I were planning our trip to NY, I just told her about Maria and she said "sorry but I think she's done"

I know I shouldn't jump to any conclusions but fuck.

Yeah I would just stay out of GM. They're probably pissing in happiness right now
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:56 AM   #124
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I really really want to hear some words from Maria now to calm all of us down
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:57 AM   #125
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The ONLY shred of hope I have right now is that her serve looked OK in her recent matches (it was her groundgame that was the main cause of her defeat last week). When her shoulder problems were at their worst, and indeed when most players have a serious shoulder injury, she was doublefaulting left and right because of the excruciating pain. So MAYBE that's a sign that the problem is relatively minor, that this withdrawal is just precautionary and that it will go away fairly quickly. Perhaps that's clutching at straws though.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:00 AM   #126
country flag TheShowMustGoOn
Erm...

TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice

Not worried about her missing this tournament but I'm worried about the problem, really really worried.

'08 - '12 - '04 - '06

TheShowMustGoOn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:05 AM   #127
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

This is seriously depressing. I just hope she doesn't come back too soon and re-re-injure the shoulder.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:06 AM   #128
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This could be a serious setback for sure. Even if she would physically be ok it may leave some doubts in her mind. It took her a very long time the previous time to get over that. She was making double faults all over the place until she finally felt secure enough that nothing bad was going to happen.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:07 AM   #129
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
The ONLY shred of hope I have right now is that her serve looked OK in her recent matches (it was her groundgame that was the main cause of her defeat last week). When her shoulder problems were at their worst, and indeed when most players have a serious shoulder injury, she was doublefaulting left and right because of the excruciating pain. So MAYBE that's a sign that the problem is relatively minor, that this withdrawal is just precautionary and that it will go away fairly quickly. Perhaps that's clutching at straws though.

Quote:
Sources say that Sharapova has been suffering from shoulder trouble since June, and in her first two weeks of practice with now ex-coach Jimmy Connors, her shoulder hurt to the degree that she was unable to practice her serve at all.
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UhVkBT-ndAE
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:08 AM   #130
country flag lefty24

How long do you guys think she'll stay in NY for?
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:08 AM   #131
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

She's been on the cortisone shots since Wimbledon.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:10 AM   #132
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently she'll be posting something "detailed" on Facebook soon.

Super-pessimistic, but I'm really fearing what she's going to say...
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:10 AM   #133
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I'm devastated
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:12 AM   #134
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Someone please post her updates in FB right when there is one
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:14 AM   #135
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

so all those mysterious retirements from US Open series events make sense now...and like always, Maria and her team just try to brush this off and keep it in secret until the last moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote