2013 US Open – Out of Top 10 - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 19th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #316
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra in playing little sis Ula in New Haven

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
Does Petra have the 'squash shot' in her repertoire? I've not really seen her use it, both Azarenka and Serena used it in the final to fantastic effect when defending and getting themselves back into points.
Yes, she does have a forehand slice/squash shot (as Jack mentioned). And I've seen her use it to good effect.

Unfortunately, Petra has no confidence now, so she will only use a shot like that when she's drawn to the net, or side line and wants/needs to end the point quickly.

She certainly won't use it offensively, or to set up other shots.

FYI: Vika just started using various slices. But I still don't see her use that shot much, mind you a back hand slice (though I have seen some more from her recently, and heard her discussing net play and variety, after Petra whipped her ass in 2011 multiple times and at YEC, using variety). That's where it came from. Good for her.

As far as Vika winning that tournament over Serena, when they were both playing like shit?? I know it's got some of you mad, and I thought about the same thing. But slightly different way than you guys.

I just thinking how bad the WTA is right now/altogether, that a below standard Vika and Serena, were able to bull shit their way through to the finals. That's crazy!

Cincy, was the perfect tournament for an inform Li Na, Petra, Sharapova, Bartoli (we know she didn't play), Aga (though she tried against Rena); hell even a Wozniaki, Lisicki or Ivanovic to had taken them down. But they didn't!

Instead, we were subjected to awful play through out the tournament, and in the finals (minus some good play here and there), from both.

Rena was horrendous during the 2nd and third set. And Vika was equally horrendous during the first, and had her moments, of both good and poor play during the third.

So where was Petra and the others we ask indeed, to clean up in their well played (Serena and Vika's) absence?
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #317
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

ula withdrew, she will play LL annika beck instead 2 set win please

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #318
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra is playing tiny LL Annika Beck in rainy New Haven

Not Before 3:30 PM

[LL] Annika BECK (GER)vs Petra KVITOVA (CZE) [3]
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #319
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Yes, she does have a forehand slice/squash shot (as Jack mentioned). And I've seen her use it to good effect.

Unfortunately, Petra has no confidence now, so she will only use a shot like that when she's drawn to the net, or side line and wants/needs to end the point quickly.

She certainly won't use it offensively, or to set up other shots.

FYI: Vika just started using various slices. But I still don't see her use that shot much, mind you a back hand slice (though I have seen some more from her recently, and heard her discussing net play and variety, after Petra whipped her ass in 2011 multiple times and at YEC, using variety). That's where it came from. Good for her.

As far as Vika winning that tournament over Serena, when they were both playing like shit?? I know it's got some of you mad, and I thought about the same thing. But slightly different way than you guys.

I just thinking how bad the WTA is right now/altogether, that a below standard Vika and Serena, were able to bull shit their way through to the finals. That's crazy!

Cincy, was the perfect tournament for an inform Li Na, Petra, Sharapova, Bartoli (we know she didn't play), Aga (though she tried against Rena); hell even a Wozniaki, Lisicki or Ivanovic to had taken them down. But they didn't!

Instead, we were subjected to awful play through out the tournament, and in the finals (minus some good play here and there), from both.

Rena was horrendous during the 2nd and third set. And Vika was equally horrendous during the first, and had her moments, of both good and poor play during the third.

So where was Petra and the others we ask indeed, to clean up in their well played (Serena and Vika's) absence?
lol. This is so biased and bitter that is downright delusional. I thought that you were above the need to use this kind of trademark GM drivel to defend Petra. Disappointed.

And Petra a better athlete than Pova ?(not that Pova is much of an athlete) Now I've seen it all.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #320
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
ula withdrew, she will play LL annika beck instead 2 set win please
Thank god for that
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #321
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of
Re: Petra won but considered changing her name to Threesetova

Update:
Quote:
The three set matches:
Loss in 3 sets after winning 1st set: 9/18;
loss in 3 sets after losing 1st set: 2/9;
total number of 3 set wins: 16,
total number of 3 set losses: 11,
total number of 3 set matches played: 27.

The two set matches:
Total number of 2 set matches won: 20 (including one walkover),
total number of 2 set matches lost: 7,
total number of 2 set matches played: 27.

Overall numbers:
Total number of matches won: 36,
total number of matches lost: 18,
total number of matches played: 54.

Percentages:
Chance to win the 3 set match after winning 1st set: 50,00% (9/18),
Chance to win the 3 set match after losing 1st set: 77,78% (7/9),
Chance to win the 3 set match: 59,26% (16/27),
Chance to win the 2 set match: 74,07% (20/27),
Chance to win a match: 66,67% (36/54).
EDIT:
Some mistakes corrected.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.

Last edited by *Jack* : Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:30 AM.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 04:39 AM   #322
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

12 losses in 3 sets.
7 losses in straights.
18 total losses?

Math not working.

Still, from your stats, it appears that Petra should strategically lose the first set against Rena or Pova next time they meet.
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 04:50 AM   #323
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a report of the match I wrote if you guys are interested .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 10:27 AM   #324
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
12 losses in 3 sets.
7 losses in straights.
18 total losses?

Math not working.

Still, from your stats, it appears that Petra should strategically lose the first set against Rena or Pova next time they meet.
You're right, I have added one loss in 3 sets after losing 1st set to Petra accidentally, so she is actually on 50% 9/18 and lost 11/27 of the 3 set matches overall.

She is also not bad in winning in two sets, she should consider winning in 2 next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Here's a report of the match I wrote if you guys are interested .
Good report, thank you for that! Good to hear that serving is better, but she has still problems with concentration and gifts, thought.
Quote:
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:35 AM   #325
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Not focused Petra is playing risky Riske

Gurl is really wants to be new Cohen, has been dragged into 20 3 sets matches in last 27 she played

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 05:00 AM   #326
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Not focused Petra is playing risky Riske

This girl is too much for my mental health

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:42 AM   #327
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Petra run out of steam against Nastya ?

Starting At: 1:00 pm

Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA (RUS)
vs
Petra KVITOVA (CZE) [3]
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:54 AM   #328
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

She's toast. Pavs will straight-set her.

Hoping I'm wrong.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM   #329
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
She's toast. Pavs will straight-set her.

Hoping I'm wrong.
Have you seen Pavs recently? She's toast, too. Petra will either win it in two or lose it in three because of exhaustion.
Quote:
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM   #330
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Have you seen Pavs recently? She's toast, too. Petra will either win it in two or lose it in three because of exhaustion.
I like your optimism
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote