** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 58 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #856
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
i hope she will play a lot of matches in NY
She did it in 2010 Strasbourg and lost in R3 to Justine well that's the only one I could think of as she was desperate for more matches. But back then she was no. 13 or something.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #857
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Update: What was Yuri's role in Connors-Sharapova split?

Sunday, August 18, 2013 / by Matt Cronin

Maria Sharapova has ended her relationship with coach Jimmy Connors after just one match, TENNIS.com has confirmed.

"It’s not the right fit for this time in my career," Sharapova said in a statement emailed to TENNIS.com.

ESPN and the Times of London first reported the story.

Sharapova split with her coach of two-and-a-half years, Thomas Hogstedt, after Wimbledon and then hired former No. 1 Connors, who coached Andy Roddick for about 18 months before resigning in 2008. Sharapova and her former coach Michael Joyce spent a day and a half working with Connors in December 2007, prior to her title run at the 2008 Australian Open.

Connors always fascinated Sharapova’s father, Yuri, who was still traveling and coaching his daughter at the time. Sources told TENNIS.com that it was Yuri who initiated the hire of Connors this time around.

Sharapova and Connors worked together in Los Angeles for a couple of weeks prior to the Cincinnati tournament. The four-time Grand Slam champion has been contending with a left hip injury she suffered at Wimbledon. The injury prompted her to pull out of scheduled tournaments at Stanford and Toronto.

Sharapova lost her opening-round match in Cincinnati to Sloane Stephens, and though she was offered a wild card into New Haven next week—she has only played three matches since losing to Serena Williams in the Roland Garros final in June—she declined and said she would rather train in Florida and not over-tax her body.

"I'm planning on playing a lot of matches in New York, and just for the body it's tough to play a week before if you're planning on doing extremely well in that event,” she said. ”I've just never done it in my career, so why start now?”

After her loss to Stephens, Sharapova offered her thoughts on having Connors in her corner.

“It's great to have his support. I'm enjoying being part of his experience and him, just the understanding of certain situations," she said. "He's been there, done that. It's just nice to have. But when you're out on the court, if it gets to 5-all or 6-all in the third set, you're worrying about you and your opponent and, to be honest, not so much what's around you or your coach or the crowd. You're so into the match. That's how I always hope to be, is when I go on the court, everything that I did, just have to go out and trust that and not really think about anything else.”

Sources also said that Sharapova made her father Yuri make the phone call to Connors to tell him that they will no longer be working together.

It is unclear whether Sharapova will try to hire a coach prior to the U.S. Open, which starts in 10 days, or work with an interim coach. She could ask one of her regular hitting partners, such as former Wimbledon semifinalist Vladimir Voltchkov, to assume that role.

The third-ranked Russian will likely work with her father this week while she’s in Florida, but he has not traveled with her since she underwent shoulder surgery in October of 2008, so it’s questionable as to whether he would want to coach her again at a tour event.

Some observers at the Cincinnati tournament believe that Sharapova may be having shoulder troubles again.

Another option might be to employ a coach from the Good to Great Tennis Academy, which is run by Swedes Magnus Norman and Mikael Tillstrom, who coaches Sharapova’s boyfriend, Grigor Dimitrov.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/...e-match/48759/
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #858
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

i don't see it happen.
No sign of injury in that match
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #859
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

God as if she'd enter the USO knowing her shoulder was hurting
She's been known to flex it mid-match, even last year she did. Maria prioritises her body so I don't think she'd be that stupid to continue practising and looking forward to the USO do you?
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #860
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

It is just stupid assumption.
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #861
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future

About two weeks ago, Thomas Hogstedt paid a visit to Guangzhou, where he gave an interview to GuangZhou Daily.
Here is my translation of the Chinese translation of his words related to Masha in the interview:

On the purpose of this trip:
Quote:
“First, to see my friends in Hongkong; second, to visit an international tennis academy in Guangzhou; and third, to meet with some officials of Chinese Tennis Association”. Thomas tells the reporter that he will go back home in Sweden soon after the trip.
On his partnership with Sharapova:
Quote:
Bringing Sharapova back to her peak form was an achievement to be proud of, Thomas says with a smile, “3 years ago, many people believed her career was done.”
On the difference between Li Na and Sharapova:
Quote:
“There’s no big difference between them. They are both great players, both are very professional, hard-working and obedient to the coach. I enjoyed every day spent with them.”
On his professional career:
Quote:
“I have been on the road for 34 years, traveling around the world. Now I need to have a rest at home. Working in China was a special experience for me, I will consider cooperating with Chinese tennis people again in the future.”
On players’ love affair:
Quote:
“I keep out of it. I only care about practices and matches, doing my own work as a coach. They fix everything in personal life themselves.” Thomas says with an easy smile.
http://sports.sina.com.cn/t/2013-08-...76714168.shtml

This is a photo of Thomas and a young player taken in Guangzhou:

Old Aug 19th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #862
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux Squall View Post
i don't see it happen.
No sign of injury in that match
Correct. That rumor was initiated by people who even were not in Cinci. Unfortunately Kronin repeated it without verifying anything. There are other things in his article which are not true as well.
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #863
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMasha2008 View Post
About two weeks ago, Thomas Hogstedt paid a visit to Guangzhou, where he gave an interview to GuangZhou Daily.
Here is my translation of the Chinese translation of his words related to Masha in the interview:
Thank you very much! Important news.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #864
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/...cle3847544.ece

She wants to change her name to Sugarpova during US Open. Is this a joke or something?

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #865
country flag denny5576

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiMo View Post
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/...cle3847544.ece

She wants to change her name to Sugarpova during US Open. Is this a joke or something?
Fantastic, great idea! Unbelievable advertisement free of charge.
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #866
country flag joćo.
;

joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao, gotta love her!
joćo. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #867
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Saw it in GM. Really hope it's not true and they're just using rumor as a marketing ploy.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #868
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, if this "Maria Sugarpova" thing is serious, then I will lose about 8 years worth of respect for her. That's just obnoxious, really.
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #869
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
Honestly, if this "Maria Sugarpova" thing is serious, then I will lose about 8 years worth of respect for her. That's just obnoxious, really.
I agree, Maria does not need this.
Abuttons is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #870
country flag TheShowMustGoOn
Erm...

TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice TheShowMustGoOn is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
I really fear it being true, I've always loved Maria's seriousness with her tennis despite all the money, and just wanting to be the best... this would kind of make a mockery of everything she's built on as a tennis personality as put in the post above me, Maria does not need this and I really do not want this.

'08 - '12 - '04 - '06

Last edited by TheShowMustGoOn : Aug 20th, 2013 at 08:24 AM.
TheShowMustGoOn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote