SW vs. WS: Cincinnati (last stop b4 US Open) - Page 91 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #1351
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SW vs. WS: Cincinnati (last stop b4 US Open)

I think it's better that she lost here than at the Open.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #1352
country flag Diesel
Been There... Won That... x2

Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Definitely.

I want a win every single time regardless of the event level, but I really want Serena defending her US Open title.
Imperious in victory. Never conceiving the possibility of defeat. The greatest of her era. The self-belief, that smile, backhand, muscles, serve, personality, all larger than life. There's no greater sight in women's tennis than watching Serena J. Williams go to work.
The others are Great, but Serena's the Greatest

Diesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #1353
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
She wasn't that good in the first set. Victoria was just bad. Serena was refusing to move in the first set. She walked to a couple of shots and Victoria wasn't taking it to her. Then when she did, Serena lost her shit up 40-15 at *0-1 in the second after the netcord.
Yeah. Serena was brilliant in the first set, but it was purely because she was timing the ball beautifully. It's impossible to sustain that brand of hitting without moving your feet, so the dip was to be expected. Vika exposed her movement by getting better depth and pace on her shots in the 2nd set, and then it turned into a real match. Then when Serena started to move her feet, it was too late because she had already lost all of her confidence/timing.

Serena will be fine though. I actually think that her footwork/movement has been exceptional these past 2 weeks (prior to whatever was hampering her during her last 2 matches) and that's the most important thing in her hardcourt game nowadays. Her BH was generally impressive too. And her serve, though shaky, is still better (bigger) than it's been recently. Her FH is the only thing to worry about, but her FH was stunning on the USO hardcourts last year and she seems to like the bounce of those courts, soooooo..... I hope she'll find her groove there again.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #1354
country flag Ntosake

Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ErryBody!

Been back from Cincy since Saturday, sun-burnt and tired, but still grinning. Not even too bummed about Serena losing today because I'm still on cloud eleven. Had one of the best times of my life ever! Nice venue, not a bad seat in the house. Could not believe I got so close to her and Venus, and got the chance to see some of the other players, men and women up close.

Came away with a renewed appreciation for the ladies too, even the ones I don't normally watch. They are just out there working hard for their money.

Serena is so beautiful in person, too, so fit, so magnificent. I didn't care how she played, I was just in awe. Patrick, just delicious. Sascha, ok. I went to her practices and she is awesome.

Saw Venus smashing and throwing racquets, which was a new experience for all of us. It was a small court, but there was a camera man there. I took lots of pictures of her but did not get the tantrum.

Anyhoo, hopefully Serena isn't hurt anywhere and will get herself together for the USOpen. Azarenka played ok all week to me, but this was by far her best showing today.

Hopefully Serena comes back next year, because I'm going again, but will stay for the whole week next time!
Ntosake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #1355
country flag Black Mamba.

Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute

Not upset in the least. Serena didn't do what she needed to do but her problems are more a result of fatigue than anythings else. Lose the battle and win the war is what I always say. Serena will be just fine once she gets some rest and heals up for the open. You could clearly tell her energy level hasn't been high these last two tournaments which is the main reason her forehand has been off (too tired/ lazy to get move her feet to get into position). Vika played great today but I would much rather Serena lose today than in a few weeks at the open.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #1356
country flag toptimbot

toptimbot is a name known to all toptimbot is a name known to all toptimbot is a name known to all toptimbot is a name known to all toptimbot is a name known to all toptimbot is a name known to all toptimbot is a name known to all toptimbot is a name known to all toptimbot is a name known to all toptimbot is a name known to all toptimbot is a name known to all

i hope she get well soon...come on My QUEEN
toptimbot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #1357
country flag SerenaLegend

SerenaLegend is just really nice SerenaLegend is just really nice SerenaLegend is just really nice SerenaLegend is just really nice SerenaLegend is just really nice SerenaLegend is just really nice SerenaLegend is just really nice SerenaLegend is just really nice SerenaLegend is just really nice SerenaLegend is just really nice SerenaLegend is just really nice
I really hope she will get well. She needs to get her serve back and be mentally fresh. Nevertheless, I still believe in her. I know she'll be ready when the real battle comes. Being Serena, she will get her sweet revenge in the US Open final.

Come on, Serena!
SerenaLegend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #1358
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

Never really cared for this tournament! Onto USO! The thread will be ready today!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.

My Twitter
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #1359
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditoo View Post
Never really cared for this tournament! Onto USO! The thread will be ready today!
Can you add her Mixed Doubles title to the thread there is a pic of her and Miryni holding the trophy on google images
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #1360
country flag nathanj594

nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd much rather have a fifth US Open title than one Cincy title. Come on Rena! You got this!

Ree & Vee - Sveta Kuz - Kleybanova
nathanj594 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #1361
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully, she got her feet warm and ready for the US Open. I think its gonna be a tough battle this year.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #1362
country flag Bijoux0021

Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Yes, it is.

She has been putting too much pressure on herself in slams. Hopefully, this loss will take some of that pressure off at the Open.

*Federer*Nadal*Djokovic*Tsonga*Murray*Monfils*Gulb is*Young*Safin*Mirnyi*

“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”

― Maya Angelou
Bijoux0021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #1363
country flag Loveangelnr1

Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future

Serena wore herself out in that first set and couldn't maintain it. She ran outta gas Plus, she was cheated in that second set. Vika served a doublefault on break point which would've made it 3-4 and back on serve, but it wasn't called and Serena didn't challenge

Get some rest, then work on that booming serve and forehand. This is just the motivation she needs to get her back on that kick ass track.

We love you, Serena.
Loveangelnr1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #1364
country flag tennisjunky

tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute

lose some and win a lot more, on to the next.

more hunger and more fire is good for her going into the us open the only bad thing is vika is more confident when they play. nothing changes serena is still the favorite even on hardcourts.

SHARAPOVA- who's up next for a beatdown? SERENA- underestimate her if you want, it's your funeral! SHAHAR-
official 'good fella' of the maria mafia
tennisjunky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #1365
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Serena

Why does Serena always play shit against Azarenka ?! So annoying

Lots to improve

- serve
- consistency
- mental strength
- footwork/movement
- stay aggressive
- reduce UEs

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis