2013 Flushing Meadows: Venus takes on the Big Apple - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #16
country flag V.e.s.W

V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all
Re: 2013 Flushing Meadows: Venus takes on the Big Apple

Bring it on, Vee! It's about time you kick some ass!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Is Hingis also playing doubles at the OPEN
Daniela Hantuchova
Serena Williams
V.e.s.W is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #17
country flag Z1988

Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of Z1988 has much to be proud of

Come on Vee!!

Please be a nice draw!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.e.s.W View Post
Bring it on, Vee! It's about time you kick some ass!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Is Hingis also playing doubles at the OPEN
Yes apparently
Z1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #18
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Serenus draws Hingis and Hantuchova and crush them
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #19
country flag V.e.s.W

V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy-88 View Post
I hope Serenus draws Hingis and Hantuchova and crush them
Yeah, my thought exactly! Total annihilation please
Daniela Hantuchova
Serena Williams
V.e.s.W is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #20
country flag VenuStan

VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all

LOL You guys

Goodluck Vee. Preparation is a disaster but a good draw can let you work your way into a good form...possibly. Lol.
VenuStan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #21
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoryuken View Post
Good Luck Venus!

Oh this made me get a nice big Grinch smile.

Toronto

Start Date: August 5, 2013
Premier 5
Surface: Outdoor Hardcourts

Singles
R1: (13) Kirsten Flipkens def. Venus 0-6 6-4 6-2

Cincinnati

Start Date: August 12, 2013
Premier 5

Singles
R1: Venus def. (Q) Jana Cepelova 6-4 6-1
R2: Elena Vesnina def. Venus 6-2 5-7 6-2

US Open

Start Date: August 26, 2013
Grand Slam

Singles
R1: Venus def. (12) Kirsten Flipkens 6-1 6-2
R2: Jie Zheng def. Venus 6-3 2-6 7-6(5)

Doubles
R1: Venus/Serena def. Silvia Soler-Espinosa/Carla Suarez Navarro 6-7(5) 6-0 6-3
R2: Venus/Serena def. (7) Raquel Kops-Jones/Abigail Spears 6-4 6-4
R3: Venus/Serena def. (11) Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova/Lucie Safarova 6-1 7-6(3)
QF: Venus/Serena def. (1) Sara Errani/Roberta Vinci 6-3 6-1
SF: (5) Andrea Hlavackova/Lucie Hradecka def. Venus/Serena 6-4 6-2

Last edited by Uranium : Sep 24th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #22
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

Hingis seeeeeeeeeeeeeeething.....
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #23
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a good feeling about Venus and the USO!

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #24
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Is Venus even playing doubles? I thought she said she won't because of her back!
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #25
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlaya8 View Post
Is Venus even playing doubles? I thought she said she won't because of her back!
Yes I think she is playing Doubles but I think she should enter Mixed Doubles.
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #26
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute

Upside for Vee is that she usually play extremely well in the early rounds of the USO. She is putting a lot of pressure on herself, and I just hope she genuninely enjoys herself. Not a fan of her playing doubles not being at 100% physically. But we have to remember how she rediscovered her game during her Wimbledon doubles run last year. That led to doubles Gold, playing solid singles in the Olympics as well, having a shot at Kerber in that 2R last year , playing well in WTT, and capping the year off in Luxembourg.
Njay16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #27
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Venus is somewhere practicing her serve and her return game, and her forehand. I've noticed that Venus is doing a lot of promoting her clothing line on her twitter page. I sent her a message and told her to let her employees do that and she just get on the court and practice her serve, return game and forehand. It's time for Venus do really do something about techniques of her game if she wants to be relevant in the women's game.
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #28
country flag MajesticVenus
Ebony Queen

MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute

@ Hingis' seething like she always did.

@Maddy & Jean: Of course I'm going to keep my faith on Venus until she retires. I have done it for all of her career, why I shouldn't do it now at the moment she needs us the most? It couldn't have been 17 years of winning ALL the time.

I am ready for the US Open!
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #29
country flag chucktown

chucktown is just really nice chucktown is just really nice chucktown is just really nice chucktown is just really nice chucktown is just really nice chucktown is just really nice chucktown is just really nice chucktown is just really nice chucktown is just really nice chucktown is just really nice chucktown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I hope Venus is somewhere practicing her serve and her return game, and her forehand. I've noticed that Venus is doing a lot of promoting her clothing line on her twitter page. I sent her a message and told her to let her employees do that and she just get on the court and practice her serve, return game and forehand. It's time for Venus do really do something about techniques of her game if she wants to be relevant in the women's game.
I agree. She hardly ever used to tweet in the past. If she puts as much energy in her game as she does promoting Eleven, she might make later rounds at tournaments and slams.
chucktown is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #30
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't promote EleVen a lot on her own account. Most of it is done using the official eleven by Venus account which we can safely assume she isn't personally tweeting from.

I believe she's trying hard. It's just not coming together quickly or easily. She smashed her racket, something she's hardly done ever in her career. This woman is used to winning, she's more upset about her game than any of us.

Planet Venus

[SouthSide, Duval, Keys, Stephens]
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote