Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #46
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Independent Woman: Maria Coachless At The US Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
I've never felt so much Maria anxiety heading into a GS. She better not flop out early before I get to watch her play in person, although SS has been fairly unlucky when watching her live

NOOOOOO
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #47
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Well, most of you should be happy, seeing as you didn't like the guy. I personally didn't feel all that comfortable with their parring, but I was willing to give it a couple of months before I passed judgement.
I'm, however, very surprised by this news, I wonder what happened.

On a side note, some of you guys just make me sick. She needs to dump her boyfriend to start winning matches again? She's been dating him (probably) since the end of last year, and after their first official pictures she made the Roland Garros Finals. Just do yourselves a favor, and don't pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors. Especially not after one bad loss (I blame the grass at Wimbledon for that loss). Don't you want your favorite player do be happy? Or do you just follow her because she's pretty and wins a lot of matches?
I was mostly being sarcastic, but I think it's a fair hypothesis that of the court "distractions" might be stuttering her game. The possibility isn't that extreme. As far as happiness is concerned, I want my favorite player to win first and be happy later. That may make me a horrible person but oh well.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #48
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

One thing is worse than a wrong decision, and thats not admitting the wrong decision to yourself. Kudos to her taking quick actions.

And if its true that Daddy Yuri suggested to hire Connors, well thats unfortunate she listened to someone else at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
Maria will be just fine. I have enough trust and confidence in Maria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux Squall View Post
I personally think she doesn't need a coach.\
So it won't affect my believe in her
Some act like she is a 16 year old airhead. Apparently trusting in her is not a cool thing anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I like michael joyce.
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #49
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Well, most of you should be happy, seeing as you didn't like the guy. I personally didn't feel all that comfortable with their parring, but I was willing to give it a couple of months before I passed judgement.
I'm, however, very surprised by this news, I wonder what happened.

On a side note, some of you guys just make me sick. She needs to dump her boyfriend to start winning matches again? She's been dating him (probably) since the end of last year, and after their first official pictures she made the Roland Garros Finals. Just do yourselves a favor, and don't pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors. Especially not after one bad loss (I blame the grass at Wimbledon for that loss). Don't you want your favorite player do be happy? Or do you just follow her because she's pretty and wins a lot of matches?
Yep pretty much. Like someone said probably the only plausible distraction is Hoggy leaving her, that's the only seismic change that occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
I would like to see her work with someone who's followed the women's game but had really only worked with ATP players, that would be the best from a technical standpoint IMO.
I'll need Andrew Murray to retire now. He's hardcore WTA fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
I was mostly being sarcastic, but I think it's a fair hypothesis that of the court "distractions" might be stuttering her game. The possibility isn't that extreme. As far as happiness is concerned, I want my favorite player to win first and be happy later. That may make me a horrible person but oh well.
Not unreasonable, I believe winning slams would make Martha a much more happier person.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #50
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks. I feel less like an ahole. Although I do think Shar isn't that far off from a 16 year old airhead.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #51
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

She'll be fine.

Papi's back
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #52
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Still not convinced Yuri is the best thing for her, but hoping I'm wrong!
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #53
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

how can Yuri be bad for her when she was at her most fearless and confident self when he was around? Maybe daddy's support is exactly what she needs right now - she's a good daughter afterall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #54
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

so it is offiacialher dad is back

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #55
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
how can Yuri be bad for her when she was at her most fearless and confident self when he was around? Maybe daddy's support is exactly what she needs right now - she's a good daughter afterall
I don't want to go into it too much because I feel like I'm reaching Mexicola/Fighterpova levels of pessimism but basically I'm not totally convinced Yuri WAS responsible for her pre-surgery fearless attitude. If Michael Joyce's quotes about him always saying that Maria couldn't beat Serena (admittedly Joyce might have been bullshitting), I just can't see how constantly having that mindset all around Maria is helpful to her or would cause to her to have a positive, fearless attitude. (Also, I'm convinced I remember him being quoted as saying a similar thing that Maria couldn't beat Henin back in 2006, before the US Open final, when Maria was on a 4-match losing streak against her and her choke in the 3rd set of their AO match seemed to indicate a mental block--but I couldn't find anything when I Googled it so I might've imagined it.)
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #56
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

For all you know, it could be reverse psychology. Maybe he wanted Maria to know that he didn't think she could beat Henin, so that she would be determined to prove him wrong. You don't know what their dynamic is. And if what you say is true, then the result of it was Maria beating Henin in a GS final.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #57
country flag tennisjunky

tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute tennisjunky has a reputation beyond repute

people might have bad things to say about yuri but maria respects him and of course familiar with his techniques. going into the open she needs stability and calmness. as far as how to win she has that already. she will just need to stay focused and maybe have a few strategy tips for each player she has. not worried so much as long as she is in a mentally good place- that is what will be key!

SHARAPOVA- who's up next for a beatdown? SERENA- underestimate her if you want, it's your funeral! SHAHAR-
official 'good fella' of the maria mafia
tennisjunky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #58
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I wish Maria to play great tennis and have plenty more victories, however in my opinion getting Yuri back is a worse move than hiring Jimbo after Thomas.
I'll be extremely happy to be proven wrong.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #59
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
For all you know, it could be reverse psychology. Maybe he wanted Maria to know that he didn't think she could beat Henin, so that she would be determined to prove him wrong. You don't know what their dynamic is. And if what you say is true, then the result of it was Maria beating Henin in a GS final.
Quite possibly, Maria does seem like someone who might be motivated by "tough love" to an extent, but I always just got the vibe that the dynamic of their relationship had become unhealthy (as most relationships between a parent-coach and player do on the WTA).
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #60
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I don't remember Yuri ever saying Maria couldn't beat Justine and, for that matter, I just do not believe he would ever tell Joyce that Maria flat out could not beat Serena. Yuri is not like that.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote